Among Cowboys top 30 visits is a highly regarded TE

jujoboys

Reaction score
Dallas Day was Tuesday.

Now what?

Jerry would be a moron to count Byron Murphy (Desoto) or Ja'Tavion Sanders (Denton) as being in the top 30 visits. Both players played high school in the DFW metropolitan area and are defined as local kids by the NFL. Maybe those 2 couldn't make it to Dallas day due to visits with other teams. That being said, they still qualify as not being counted in the 30 unless Dallas paid for their transportation. I can't imagine that happening since both are just a short drive away from Frisco.

Jonathan Brooks would need to count toward the 30 since his high school was not in the DFW metro plex.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry would be a moron to count Byron Murphy (Desoto) or Ja'Tavion Sanders (Denton) as being in the top 30 visits. Both players played high school in the DFW metropolitan area and are defined as local kids by the NFL. Maybe those 2 couldn't make it to Dallas day due to visits with other teams. That being said, they still qualify as not being counted in the 30 unless Dallas paid for their transportation. I can't imagine that happening since both are just a short drive away from Frisco.

Jonathan Brooks would need to count toward the 30 since his high school was not in the DFW metro plex.
Now he's trying to scramble after trying to educate me with his LOCAL nonsense.

Just because you're a local product that doesn't mean you won't be a top 30 visit. There's been plenty of 30 visits from Texas natives over the years. The fact that Sanders is just further illustrates their interest in him.

And what you suggest, that he just couldn't make it and came a day late? I don't think that's within the rules.

rambo2

Reaction score
It's irrelevant what you see. You'll like the class no matter what they do. Just like you liked the garbage they drafted last year.
I really like the good information that you post here. It's greatly appreciated.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Now he's trying to scramble after trying to educate me with his LOCAL nonsense.

Just because you're a local product that doesn't mean you won't be a top 30 visit. There's been plenty of 30 visits from Texas natives over the years. The fact that Sanders is just further illustrates their interest in him.

And what you suggest, that he just couldn't make it and came a day late? I don't think that's within the rules.
Wouldnt he also just visit on Texas day if they didnt take a look during the top 30?

rambo2

Reaction score

Do you know the differences between the 30 visits and the local visits? I suspect that they aren't exactly the same.

Verdammung

Reaction score
There's nothing like draft season. The hope of building your team for years to come equally countered by the horror of realizing how bad your team can screw it up.

rambo2

Reaction score
What a waste of a top 30 spot. This team and tight ends. What is the infatuation?
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm glad that they are bringing in the best at otackle, center, linebacker, dtackle, and running back.

Hardline

Reaction score
I would hate the TE pick in the 2nd round until he got on the field and started playing. Sanders would be our best TE the second he's drafted.
I wish the Brooks to the Cowboys talk would stop. I just know he's going to be on the board one pick ahead of us and someone's going to trade up in front of us to get him.

Carson

Reaction score
I would hate the TE pick in the 2nd round until he got on the field and started playing. Sanders would be our best TE the second he's drafted.
I wish the Brooks to the Cowboys talk would stop. I just know he's going to be on the board one pick ahead of us and someone's going to trade up in front of us to get him.
I think Brooks medical will make him slide a bit. Dallas did the procedure and know if he’s on schedule to play. He will 99% sure be the pick at 56.

Teams will jump on Benson and Wright before Brooks.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I had to post this. For one reason. They talk all the time about how valuable these 30 visits are and how tough it is to determine who gets them. Sanders is generally viewed as the 2nd ranked TE in the class and a 2nd round projection.

I may pass out laughing if we draft him in the 2nd round.

Trying to find some rationale in it: TE is a position you can be creative with if you have a strong scheme. Pats and to a lesser extent Ravens have shown this. They may view him specifically as a playmaker, a guy they can scheme with Ferguson. Im not saying this will work, or is in any way shape or for a good idea. Im just trying to find some rationale.

If that rationale is right, then its safe to say they have faith in Shoemaker. Why couldn't you do that with the guy you drafted in the 2nd round just a year ago

Hardline

Reaction score
The whole league knows the Cowboys want Brooks in the 2nd round. Another team is going to jump us for him.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He’s back everyone…