An engagement no one saw coming

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...Leonard Cohen or Bruce Cockburn. How about Robbie Robertson and Neil Young.

Not what you would call American Idol voices, but good songwriters.

My wife has a Chad story.

She is part of a yoga group here and one day in her yoga session Chad shows up and present this lady who has been part of her group all year with a set of keys for a new car.

What this was all about was the lady was his babysitter for many years and he knew he was touring through the city she lived in so he decided to surprise her.

Nice story. My wife says he was a nice guy.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CanadianCowboysFan;4683438 said:
I have seen him around Vancouver with women far hotter than Avril. Not sure why he is marrying her.
It may seem rare among celebrities, but perhaps he actually loves her..?

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
I will say this about Nickelback though, they put on a good show. I saw them on a Canada Day concert, they were throwing beer into the crowd and had lots of pyrotechnics.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
dez_for_prez;4683554 said:
I will say this about Nickelback though, they put on a good show. I saw them on a Canada Day concert, they were throwing beer into the crowd and had lots of pyrotechnics.

Whatever takes the emphsis off thier music.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dez_for_prez;4683554 said:
So, they were trying to juice their fans enough to the point that they would not mind being roasted alive? :confused:

:D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys&LakersFan;4683643 said:
She would be insane to wear that ring in public or while performing. Then again, it's cheap compared to the rock that Kobe Bryant's ex-wife had gotten.

By bad. I couldn't HELP myself. Forgive me. :eek::

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
DallasEast;4683553 said:
It may seem rare among celebrities, but perhaps he actually loves her..?

they have only been together a few months, not sure it is possible to love someone that quickly

kristie

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4683704 said:
they have only been together a few months, not sure it is possible to love someone that quickly

actually it is. my husband & I started living together 6 months after we had met & started dating.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
kristie;4683875 said:
actually it is. my husband & I started living together 6 months after we had met & started dating.

but you weren't married after that right?

Most live together after that time now anyway. My secretary did and now is married and about to go on mat leave.

kristie

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4683880 said:
but you weren't married after that right?

Most live together after that time now anyway. My secretary did and now is married and about to go on mat leave.

no we weren't. we got married about a year & a half after we started living together.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Seems like Nickleback is one of those bands you can listen to as long as no one knows your listening.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
jimmy40;4683900 said:
Seems like Nickleback is one of those bands you can listen to as long as no one knows your listening.

isn't most music like that?

amazing how many people hate 80s music but there are stations dedicated solely to that music, so many hate Gaga, Bieber etc but they are rolling in dough, so figure

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
kristie;4683875 said:

Its funny how that works. My sister dated a guy for 10 years before they got married and they divorced a little over a year later. A few months later, she dates another guy for 6 months and married a month later (Internally, I was thinking are you nuts, you cant love a guy in 6 months) and 8 years later so far so good.

Reaction score
kristie;4679762 said:
as a nickelback fan, i didn't see this coming:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20623133,00.html

Cowboys&LakersFan;4679764 said:
Two of my favorite artists getting married. Very happy for them.

Cowboys&LakersFan;4679771 said:
Yes. Nickleback is my favorite band along with Linkin Park. Avril is my 2rd favorite female artist after Taylor Swift.

kristie;4679767 said:
you like nickelback and avril lavigne too? cool. :D
:eek:

Oh young people.