An interesting tweet

Reaction score

steven wayne dennis @cbs11swd

Draft week starter=Source tells me one Jones wants pass rusher w 1st pick, other Jones wants secondary help. Coach Garrett break tie?

Does this guy have credibility?

Anyway, one wants Barron and the other wants? Ingram? which other pass-rusher is worth #14?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
BritishBoysfan;4519250 said:

steven wayne dennis @cbs11swd

Draft week starter=Source tells me one Jones wants pass rusher w 1st pick, other Jones wants secondary help. Coach Garrett break tie?

Does this guy have credibility?

Anyway, one wants Barron and the other wants? Ingram? which other pass-rusher is worth #14?

Steve Dennis?

I would guess he's got some connections.

He works with Babe

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
So much will depend on who is available at the time...we know there is always a surprise or two in there somewhere

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
My guess is Jerry is the one that wants secondary help given his statements on the defensive front. I wonder if it's a question of (a) sitting tight thinking Barron will be there and (b) trading up for Fletcher Cox.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Im guessing Jerry wants secondary and Stephen wants Pass rush.

Im wondering how much we like Brockers considering every NFL guy is so fascinated with see'ing him in the pro's.

Illini88228

Reaction score
Hope Tom C doesn't find out he doesn't have a vote anymore. Seriously, as if Jerry, Stephen, and Garrett each have 1 equal vote and that's how they pick players? This is just silly.

tm1119

Reaction score
There's no way they are depending on Ingram being available at 14. So that brings up the question of how interested are we in Mercilus or Perry.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4519286 said:
Pretty disappointing neither wants OL help.

Im sure they do but they probably don't see much value in round 1.

You gotta get the DB's and DL early.

Reaction score
tm1119;4519288 said:
There's no way they are depending on Ingram being available at 14. So that brings up the question of how interested are we in Mercilus or Perry.

or a "surprise" like McLellin or Chandler Jones, even if it involves a trade down

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4519268 said:
Steve Dennis?

I would guess he's got some connections.

He works with Babe
:laugh2:
JG cannot stand Dennis' condescending tone. Did any of you catch some the exchanges between them last year?

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't want to pay Jenkins 10 million a year after 2012, so he wants a CB.

Stephen doesn't want to pay Spencer 9 million a year this year, so he wants a OLB.

We will see on Thursday.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
I hope the Jones's take their disagreement back home and leave the drafting to the professionals.

Joshmil53

Reaction score
I only want Secondary if his the name is Barron.
I only want PR if his name is Cox
I want DeCastro.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DBOY3141;4519296 said:
Jerry doesn't want to pay Jenkins 10 million a year after 2012, so he wants a CB.

Stephen doesn't want to pay Spencer 9 million a year this year, so he wants a OLB.

We will see on Thursday.

That is a great point.

I don't think Jerry is much of a Mike Jenkins fan anyways. He's called him out on his toughness before.

I like Mike Jenkins but he isn't a leader type of guy but he'll play up or down to however the rest of the team is performing.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
CATCH17;4519290 said:
Im sure they do but they probably don't see much value in round 1.

You gotta get the DB's and DL early.

Yeah, no value if keeping your QB healthy.

Rather then try to make sure he isn't injured, just get a better backup.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
Joshmil53;4519313 said:
I only want Secondary if his the name is Barron.
I only want PR if his name is Cox
I want DeCastro.

An honest question, not running down your thoughts, because as a whole I agree with your thoughts, although I would also want Pass Rush if his name is Ingram.

Would you not want Pass Rush if his name is Ingram?

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Illini88228;4519287 said:
Hope Tom C doesn't find out he doesn't have a vote anymore. Seriously, as if Jerry, Stephen, and Garrett each have 1 equal vote and that's how they pick players? This is just silly.

No, it is just different than what all the successful teams in the league do. The fact that it hasn't worked in 16 years or so doesn't matter apparently.

I've been assured that Jerry is just a figurehead and his role is primarily to just "read reports" and call the draft picks.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
So, who exactly do Garrett and Ryan want? Does that even matter?