An open letter to all concerning the LTN/Moderator decision.

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
RW, I never thought it was possible to root for two teams. In fact I used to scoff at fans who said they had an "NFC team" and an 'AFC team" - didn't sound possible to me. But live and learn, just as you can love two children, I have found you can love two teams. As long as they're not in the same division, I guess.

This is the biggest bunch of horse-S I’ve heard in awhile. What you are describing is the embodiment of the bandwagon fan.

Trying to justify your position by saying "as long as they're not in the same division," is simply a copout, and no more valid a point than the silly comparison to children.

This isn't something that spawned from your loins, it's a freaking football team, PICK ONE AND STICK WITH IT !!!

LaTunaNostra said:
I won't renounce my thirty year love of the Jets. If I could do that, I'd be a true bandwagoner, front runner, fair weatherer etc, and you'd right to suspect I could just as easily renounce the Cowboys when Bill retires. But when I love something, I never turn on it - never. So the Jets have no less place in my heart I've just settled on bigamy.

No, of course you won't, that makes it much easier at the end of, or during a season to have someone to root for if one fails.

When it's all said and done you've got 50% greater chance of having someone to stand up behind at the end of the year and say "cool, my team made it to the Super Bowl!!"

Gee, how convenient for you and your agenda, that you've "settled" in your mind that arbitrarily picking multiple teams is no big deal, still doesn’t make it what is, bandwagon.

LaTunaNostra said:
In the past year I have gotten addicted to the Cowboys to a degree that is more than likely unhealthy. I don't have time to post on my Jet board anymore as I made Dallas my priority. It isn't just the subscriptions, posting, reading 24/7 yakking, it's the genuine concern for the team I am sure is obvious in my posts.

Wait a minute, I'm a little confused here. In a previous post you stated in the same paragraph that your "interest/dedication" went beyond Bill Parcells long ago", but then went on to immediately say, " I may be one of the newest Cowboys fans, but have no doubts it runs deep."

Exactly how does that work?

How do you claim to have a "30 year love" of one team, yet at the same time have a deep dedication and interest, your words not mine, to another team simultaneously, but, you’re still, “one of the newest Cowboys fans”? This doesn’t jive.

Frankly, if I was a truly loyal Jets fan, especially one on the aforementioned Jet board, and I happened upon this board, only to discover that you were not only now a moderator here, but also at the same time that you were professing your loyalty to your beloved Jets, you were harboring this deep dedication and interest, again your words not mine, to another team, I'd not only feel just a little betrayed, I'd see it as just the ramblings of purely another fair weather fan.

LaTunaNostra said:
When the two teams played last year, I wanted Dallas to win, as I felt the Jets season was already over. And posted that often since. I did not feel disloyal to the Jets, I wanted to see the team that could do something, do it, not see both fail. If one of your children fails at something, it hurts. But you still want the other to succeed.

I'm going to have to call horse-S on this too.

You're writing off the season of the team that you profess a 30 year loyalty to THREE games into a new season!? Why, because they're starting quarterback went down in preseason, and now they're being piloted by a multiyear veteran!?

The same multiyear veteran who now holds the reins of the team that you've had this clandestine, long-running "interest/dedication" in!?

Man, it doesn't bode very well for this year’s success for your new "addiction", does it!?

LaTunaNostra said:
What would I do/feel if both teams met in the SB? I do not know. Have no way of knowing until it happened. What does Tiki and Rhonde Barber's mother feel when she watches her sons play against each other? I'm not goofing - it's like having two kids.

Again, this is the personification of a bandwagon fan's mentality. "Oh I like both teams equally, I always have. When they meet I’ll pick one then."

Translation: "I'll pick the one that I think has a better chance of winning, that way I’ll be a winner no matter what happens. If somehow the underdog wins, well they were my team all long really, seeing as how I've been rooting for them for all these years."

The analogy you've used at least three times comparing your feelings for a team with a mother and child relationship is almost laughable.

It actually works against your argument that once you become loyal to a team, your loyal forever.

Trying to convince anyone that you have such a passionate interest in two teams, that choosing against them would be of such biblical proportions, yet when and if Parcells/Glenn move on, your loyalty somehow won't wane or move with them because you've had this longtime, unspoken devotion to the Cowboys, is at a minimum amusing, if not mildly insulting.

It's been no secret that you're a Bill Parcells, Terry Glenn fan. The original ID that you signed up on TC.net with, and the pics you use in your sig line make that abundantly clear. The position that you're trying to take now is what the Cajuns commonly refer to as "crawfishing," and why the majority here seem to either be willing turn a blind eye to it, or just not care, I'm not sure, but it’s disappointing.

In closing, let me say that I don't have any personal animosity or dislike towards you. I think you come across as a bit of a know-it-all, and you tend to be inflicted with "run on" disease. But I'm far from naïve enough to think that I'm any better than you.

My philosophy on the Internet is, I won't say anything to you or anyone else here, that I wouldn't say to your face if you were sitting next to me in a bar or some other social gathering place. If I don't like you, you'll know it, trust that!

Honestly, I could care less who or what the powers-that-be do with this site as far as moderators go. The majority here seems to think you're the obvious choice for moderator. I'll acquiesce and just go with the flow, that or just move on.

I'm a lifelong fan of the Dallas Cowboys, the TEAM, not anyone player.

Contrary to your statement in a post that "no one is born a fan of a team-it's a personal choice," I was, and I have a feeling more share my opinion on that then yours, especially when it comes to the Cowboys.

I was born, raised, and for the majority of my life have lived in Dallas. Being anything other than a Cowboys fan was never an option in my family. You either liked the Cowboys, or you weren't a football fan period.

“Bandwagon” fans go with the territory. But in this case, I felt compelled to speak out, probably purely for my own benefit, but I hope at least a few of the others on here will see that my arguments have some validity and are not just a personal attack.

DallasCowpoke

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
You know, a private note to the individual in question is probably the best way to handle matters since it'll just end up that you are the one that looks bad here and not LTN - regardless of what you wrote.

hockix

Reaction score
Hey cowpoke, what the f*** is you point exactly on LTN?

Mayhem

Reaction score
Is this topic really this important to you? Dont you have anything important to worry about?

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Good Grief! Is this really neccesary? She was made a mod, not President... She'll do a fine job... You should take this up w/ her in PM... You are coming off pretty bad about this

And I'm pretty sure the people that run this site know better than anyone else what they want and who they want...

Relax

Reaction score
Reef Engineer said:
You know, a private note to the individual in question is probably the best way to handle matters since it'll just end up that you are the one that looks bad here and not LTN - regardless of what you wrote.

You know Reef, if I'd only wanted "the individual" to read it, I would have.

And as far as "looking bad," if you think I was in the LEAST bit concerned w/ this being a popular opinon w/ you "sheep" on this FB, or how I "look," I'd a kept it to myself, comprenda!?

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
Boo hoo, somebody didn't hug you enough when you were growing up. Sad.

I know you're a big tough guy since you wouldn't say anything to a person that you wouldn't say to their face and all but you know what, you have a chicken$hit way of trying to make your point. Maybe if you say it enough, others will believe it. As for me, I'm not buying it. It's been my experience that people that need to toot their own horn do so only because no one else will do it for them.

Go pick on some more girls if you want, maybe you can take candy from a kid next.

The only thing this thread has done is to reveal to everyone that you're [editted here to keep peace with the mods - but rhymes with glass-mole] "not very nice" so I guess you should be given credit for that.

Congrats.

DallasCowpoke said:
You know Reef, if I'd only wanted "the individual" to read it, I would have.

And as far as "looking bad," if you think I was in the LEAST bit concerned w/ this being a popular opinon w/ you "sheep" on this FB, or how I "look," I'd a kept it to myself, comprenda!?

Barrister

Reaction score
Cowpoke,

I have to agree with the others. Regardless of what you say, your message certainly comes across as a personal attack. Must've been all the "horse-s$%#" references you made. :eek:

Look, I like football fans like you. You're more hardcore than most. I figure you're a purist: you're one of those types that thinks message boards like these are for Cowboy-lovin' fans only, and "half-breeds" like LTN would somehow detract from our Cowboy-lovin' discussions. I wholeheartedly disagree. I think message boards like this should welcome all cowboy fans, hardcore and casual fans alike. If someone happens to like another team as well, so be it!

Although I don't really know her, it seems that LTN is someone who has been a lifelong Jets fan, and (because of her long-held admiration for Parcells, Glenn, etc.) is now developing a love for the Cowboys as well. And all you can say to that is, "you're not worthy"? Sounds elitist to me. Remember, this is a forum, not a cult. And if the powers-that-be at this site decide that a person like LTN (who, rather than being a know-it-all like you suggest, strikes me as an intelligent, articulate and sensible poster) would be valuable as a moderator, then more power to them.

In sum, I respect your opinion (misguided though I believe you to be), but I do think that it could have been delivered in a more tactful way.

Just my two cents.

Reaction score
Reef Engineer said:
Boo hoo, somebody didn't hug you enough when you were growing up. Sad.

I know you're a big tough guy since you wouldn't say anything to a person that you wouldn't say to their face and all but you know what, you have a chicken$hit way of trying to make your point. Maybe if you say it enough, others will believe it. As for me, I'm not buying it. It's been my experience that people that need to toot their own horn do so only because no one else will do it for them.

Go pick on some more girls if you want, maybe you can take candy from a kid next.

The only thing this thread has done is to reveal to everyone that you're an a$$hole so I guess you should be given credit for that.

Congrats.

LOL... Funny, I don't see myself "tooting" anything, other than calling a spade a spade.

As far as your accusation of bullying a girl, I'm more than confident the girl in question can handle her-own-self.

It matters not to me the sex of anyone on here is, if you're full of S, you're full of S! And professing that you're a loyal 30 year fan of one team, then suddenly you develop this fervent support for another and then try to tell people that you harbored this secret interest for that team all along, you're just plain full of S!!

Hey dude, you like LTN, you think she's a WONDERFUL choice for a mod, you prob agree w/ EVERTHING she says, and think her posts are just the bomb. Cool, more power to you, proud for ya, etc etc. I don't, never have, prob never will.

If in your opinion that makes me an "a$$hole" because I'm not willing to kiss her ***, trust me Pepe, I can deal w/ it. Being an "a$$hole" has gotten me VERY far in my 44 years, why would I wanna change for some faceless letters on a Sony monitor I'll never meet!!

Reef Engineer said:
The only thing this thread has done is to reveal to everyone that you're [editted here to keep peace with the mods - but rhymes with glass-mole] "not very nice" so I guess you should be given credit for that.

PS: If you're just NOW figuring this out Reef, you're just NOT paying attention!! :D

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Ok, chill guys.

I wasn't asked to be a modeartor because I represent all Cowboys fans. No moderator of any board does that. But perhaps the many many bandwagoners of America's Team can now find some comfort in my usurping the throne, LMAO!

I was asked because I practically live here, and the admin seems to think I'm competent and level headed enough to help out. Who knows, maybe an invasion of Skins fans is expected, and I'm the front line defense. ;) Regardless, the credentials in my case were common sense and ability to not lose it when uhh, provoked. Not a birth certificate stamped Dallas.

I will certainly aim to live up to that faith in my even-temperedness. Just don't say anything about Bill or Terry or you're banned. J / K!!

There is no popularity contest involved, no power trip, NOTHING but a probably too prolific poster and passionate fan asked to do something instead of free load all day and night like she's been doing. It's a wonder I haven't been asked for rent money.

DCP, no hard feelings on this end. I respect your feelings and understand fully where you're coming from. And I did jump on the bandwagon after three 5-11 seasons, which gives me some street cred over those who jumped on immediately after a ring. :D I might not pass the litmus test of lifelong, but I think I can make it up with pure fanaticism.

Football is too much FUN, even when we're disagreeing about something, to make it as serious as daily life. So I would appreciate not being the center of attention or a controversy!!!

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
Actually, I don't pay all that close attention to anything she says - or you for that matter - it's the way you went about things. As a matter of fact, up until this post, I didn't even know she was a she - I thought "she" was named John - so goes to show how much love I have for her.

I didn't see people kissing her *** - I did see a bunch of people congratulating her on becoming a mod because of the job she can do in the position. Who really cares what team she liked for 30 yrs? What does that have to do with her being a mod here? I've been a mod (and still am) on various other boards and know that it's a thankless job with great benefits :rolleyes: so I congratulate anyone when they agree to put in the time investment involved with the position. It's just courtesy.

Your post screams of "Look at me!" and is designed to draw attention to yourself. Guess it worked. In any event, you can continue to argue if you like. I don't care enough about you to belabor the point.

DallasCowpoke said:
LOL... Funny, I don't see myself "tooting" anything, other than calling a spade a spade.

As far as your accusation of bullying a girl, I'm more than confident the girl in question can handle her-own-self.

It matters not to me the sex of anyone on here is, if you're full of S, you're full of S! And professing that you're a loyal 30 year fan of one team, then suddenly you develop this fervent support for another and then try to tell people that you harbored this secret interest for that team all along, you're just plain full of S!!

Hey dude, you like LTN, you think she's a WONDERFUL choice for a mod, you prob agree w/ EVERTHING she says, and think her posts are just the bomb. Cool, more power to you, proud for ya, etc etc. I don't, never have, prob never will.

If in your opinion that makes me an "a$$hole" because I'm not willing to kiss her ***, trust me Pepe, I can deal w/ it. Being an "a$$hole" has gotten me VERY far in my 44 years, why would I wanna change for some faceless letters on a Sony monitor I'll never meet!!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke,

Even if everything you says is true, what difference does it make.

The mods are supposed to look out for the best interest of the boards. When or how she became a fan has nothing to do with her ability to do that. ACtually everything she has done points that she will do just that.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Duane

Reaction score
So DallasCowpoke,

What do you hope to accomplish with this open letter? I really want to know.

Are you venting your frustration? Hoping your post will change the decision or what?

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
This is the biggest bunch of horse-S I’ve heard in awhile. What you are describing is the embodiment of the bandwagon fan.

Trying to justify your position by saying "as long as they're not in the same division," is simply a copout, and no more valid a point than the silly comparison to children.

This isn't something that spawned from your loins, it's a freaking football team, PICK ONE AND STICK WITH IT !!!

No, of course you won't, that makes it much easier at the end of, or during a season to have someone to root for if one fails.

When it's all said and done you've got 50% greater chance of having someone to stand up behind at the end of the year and say "cool, my team made it to the Super Bowl!!"

Gee, how convenient for you and your agenda, that you've "settled" in your mind that arbitrarily picking multiple teams is no big deal, still doesn’t make it what is, bandwagon.

Wait a minute, I'm a little confused here. In a previous post you stated in the same paragraph that your "interest/dedication" went beyond Bill Parcells long ago", but then went on to immediately say, " I may be one of the newest Cowboys fans, but have no doubts it runs deep."

Exactly how does that work?

How do you claim to have a "30 year love" of one team, yet at the same time have a deep dedication and interest, your words not mine, to another team simultaneously, but, you’re still, “one of the newest Cowboys fans”? This doesn’t jive.

Frankly, if I was a truly loyal Jets fan, especially one on the aforementioned Jet board, and I happened upon this board, only to discover that you were not only now a moderator here, but also at the same time that you were professing your loyalty to your beloved Jets, you were harboring this deep dedication and interest, again your words not mine, to another team, I'd not only feel just a little betrayed, I'd see it as just the ramblings of purely another fair weather fan.

I'm going to have to call horse-S on this too.

You're writing off the season of the team that you profess a 30 year loyalty to THREE games into a new season!? Why, because they're starting quarterback went down in preseason, and now they're being piloted by a multiyear veteran!?

The same multiyear veteran who now holds the reins of the team that you've had this clandestine, long-running "interest/dedication" in!?

Man, it doesn't bode very well for this year’s success for your new "addiction", does it!?

Again, this is the personification of a bandwagon fan's mentality. "Oh I like both teams equally, I always have. When they meet I’ll pick one then."

Translation: "I'll pick the one that I think has a better chance of winning, that way I’ll be a winner no matter what happens. If somehow the underdog wins, well they were my team all long really, seeing as how I've been rooting for them for all these years."

The analogy you've used at least three times comparing your feelings for a team with a mother and child relationship is almost laughable.

It actually works against your argument that once you become loyal to a team, your loyal forever.

Trying to convince anyone that you have such a passionate interest in two teams, that choosing against them would be of such biblical proportions, yet when and if Parcells/Glenn move on, your loyalty somehow won't wane or move with them because you've had this longtime, unspoken devotion to the Cowboys, is at a minimum amusing, if not mildly insulting.

It's been no secret that you're a Bill Parcells, Terry Glenn fan. The original ID that you signed up on TC.net with, and the pics you use in your sig line make that abundantly clear. The position that you're trying to take now is what the Cajuns commonly refer to as "crawfishing," and why the majority here seem to either be willing turn a blind eye to it, or just not care, I'm not sure, but it’s disappointing.

In closing, let me say that I don't have any personal animosity or dislike towards you. I think you come across as a bit of a know-it-all, and you tend to be inflicted with "run on" disease. But I'm far from naïve enough to think that I'm any better than you.

My philosophy on the Internet is, I won't say anything to you or anyone else here, that I wouldn't say to your face if you were sitting next to me in a bar or some other social gathering place. If I don't like you, you'll know it, trust that!

Honestly, I could care less who or what the powers-that-be do with this site as far as moderators go. The majority here seems to think you're the obvious choice for moderator. I'll acquiesce and just go with the flow, that or just move on.

I'm a lifelong fan of the Dallas Cowboys, the TEAM, not anyone player.

Contrary to your statement in a post that "no one is born a fan of a team-it's a personal choice," I was, and I have a feeling more share my opinion on that then yours, especially when it comes to the Cowboys.

I was born, raised, and for the majority of my life have lived in Dallas. Being anything other than a Cowboys fan was never an option in my family. You either liked the Cowboys, or you weren't a football fan period.

“Bandwagon” fans go with the territory. But in this case, I felt compelled to speak out, probably purely for my own benefit, but I hope at least a few of the others on here will see that my arguments have some validity and are not just a personal attack.

DallasCowpoke

Boo this man.....boo him!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Wouldnt even known LTN was a mod if I hadnt come here to post a thread about Madden 2005!!!

I had to grab the popcorn for this one :D .

- Mike G.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Wouldnt even known LTN was a mod if I hadnt come here to post a thread about Madden 2005!!!

I had to grab the popcorn for this one :D .

- Mike G.
Well then, pay attention...and pass the popcorn please. :D