Recap: Analyst: Because of Romo, the Cowboys will 'take a step back' this year and win 7 or 8 games w/vid

Ring Leader

Reaction score
I remember how painful the 80's were. The three NFC Championship losses followed by not much after save for 1985.

But then Jimmy came and the first year, the 1-15 had hope. More so than the last half of the 80's. For some reason I believed things were headed in the right direction.

The 1992 season, as it progressed toward the play-offs found Dallas being the darlings of the league. Except for Boomer and Jackson on ESPN, most of the talking heads were getting on the Dallas bandwagon by mid way through the second half of the season.

They stayed there throughout 1993.

The point is national or even regional sports reporters will go with the team that wins.

Right now the wound is still fresh from the Commanders game for them and 8 seasons of very little to show for it causes these guys to say what they do.

I have said this many time.

Win and this goes away.

If Romo - for whatever reason, no defense, lousy offensive line, terrible head coach, rotten GM - doesn't make the play-offs and do something spectacular, he will forever be the reason they lost.

Get ready for it because that's the way it works. Whether you think it is fair or not.

So I want him to win.

Because I'm not I certain could stand another two decades of Romo threads and stats trying to prove why the end results were not the truth.

Why stress about tiny minded individuals? Those with brains larger than a golf ball can relax, they know better.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Why stress about tiny minded individuals? Those with brains larger than a golf ball can relax, they know better.

You have a point. I guess I have OCD and think if I can construct a sentence with the words in the right sequence, these guys will suddenly slap their foreheads like they could have had a V-8 and understand it doesn't means squat to a tree what these guys say.

If the team wins they will be on the bandwagon, like they are with every team that wins.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
All I've read so far is Former Cowboys player Dan Connor arrested for having a switchblade knife in his luggage......

Here's my link and story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...sted-airport_n_3558545.html?utm_hp_ref=sports
PHILADELPHIA -- Police and team officials say New York Giants linebacker Dan Connor was arrested at Philadelphia International Airport after federal authorities alleged that a switchblade was found in his luggage.

I hope you can see the picture.