Anatomy: Martellus Bennett TD

Hoofbite

Reaction score
That play was pretty sweet. Excellent play by Bennett.

Don't even have to say it but Fasano could not make that play.

Ren

Reaction score
I hated the Bennett pick on draft day, looks like i'll be eating a lot of crow but it's the sweet kind of crow when being being wrong is a good thing :)

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Ren;2430936 said:
I hated the Bennett pick on draft day, looks like i'll be eating a lot of crow but it's the sweet kind of crow when being being wrong is a good thing :)

I hated the pick because it seemed like a stupid move when paired with the fasano trade.

I too will be waiting for my helping of feathers.

And you're right. This crow tastes better than others. Damn sure tastes better than the curdled bobby carpenter kool-aid I still have kicking around from a few years ago.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
Man, Roy Williams breaks free just as Romo looks back to his left.... He was wide open too!!!! Good to see guys making plays, no matter who it is.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;2430987 said:
Man, Roy Williams breaks free just as Romo looks back to his left.... He was wide open too!!!! Good to see guys making plays, no matter who it is.

I just rewatched and man, you're right. He just fought off the jam and had gotten a couple of steps.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
The guy is huge. Only thing is that I wish he had caught it w/ his hands. He will have lots of opportunities to get open in this offense.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;2430987 said:

Yes. I was noticing that too.
Romo had a ton of time and could have come back the other way.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Ren;2430936 said:

I admit, I was feeling the same:)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Bennett has freaky good physical skills.

He moves like a WR.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Nice. Witten and Roy on one side, TO and Bennett on the other, with Barber leaking out underneath. Weapons galore.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Juke99;2431080 said:
Bennett has freaky good physical skills.

He moves like a WR.

I was thinking that too. He reminds me of Fitz from AZ only 'Tellus is not as fast.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2431114 said:
John Garrett has done a heck of a job with him.

by telling him "high and tight" in that weird seductive/whispering tone of voice he has?

superpunk

Reaction score
Let's assume for one second that Roy Williams was lined up 30 yards off the ball, or was singled up on the Commanders backup TE, Fred Davis. Let's then assume that Roy either triple covered Chris Cooley or just flat out got smoked downfield by Fred Davisfor the go ahead score in a crucial division game.

Describe the meltdown that would be experienced here, and then the chastisement that would be brought on any possible defenders of Roy. (Not now obviously, I mean like back when alot of people still thought he was a good safety.)

I wonder if any Commanders fans are even crucifying Horton/Landry for that one.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Damn... in that first Video RWR is looking UP at Bennett when talking to him....

I had to check the height of these too... I didnt know that Bennett was 6'6"(on some sites 6'7") and RWR is about 6'3"

Wow!

:laugh2:

dback

Reaction score
This play just goes to show you how crucial QB-Receiver timing is and how fast the players really are. I think Landry makes the play if he didn't bite that tiniest little bit on Romos pump fake.

What a great throw and great route by Bennett.