Anatomy: Martellus Bennett TD

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
superpunk;2431157 said:
Describe the meltdown that would be experienced here, and then the chastisement that would be brought on any possible defenders of Roy. (Not now obviously, I mean like back when alot of people still thought he was a good safety.)

I wonder if any Commanders fans are even crucifying Horton/Landry for that one.
I thought Landry was fairly awful in that game. He always seemed a little late on pass plays, and on the Barber TD run, he just put his head down and ran into his own man. Not sure what he was doing there.

But it wasn't very pretty for such a high pick and the supposed Next Coming of Safety Greatness.

dallas_112678

Reaction score
xWraithx;2431145 said:
by telling him "high and tight" in that weird seductive/whispering tone of voice he has?

Yup in that stalker voice. Also what do you guys think the chances are that we can keep him and witten in the future when his contract is done?

rexrobinson

Reaction score
theogt;2431092 said:
Nice. Witten and Roy on one side, TO and Bennett on the other, with Barber leaking out underneath. Weapons galore.

It is almost not fair.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2431249 said:
I thought Landry was fairly awful in that game. He always seemed a little late on pass plays, and on the Barber TD run, he just put his head down and ran into his own man. Not sure what he was doing there.

But it wasn't very pretty for such a high pick and the supposed Next Coming of Safety Greatness.

Twenty-six games ... zero interceptions.

reddyuta

Reaction score
this was what they envisioned MB to be when they drafted him-somebody who can block great and make the catches when teams focus on witten.

apickmans

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2431271 said:
Twenty-six games ... zero interceptions.

4th best Defense in the league, with no passrush whatsoever. He is very important to our defense.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
apickmans;2431345 said:
4th best Defense in the league, with no passrush whatsoever. He is very important to our defense.
Total yards isn't a great predictor of success. According to Football Outsiders you have the 11th ranked defense in the league.

superpunk

Reaction score
apickmans;2431345 said:
He was also a very important part of your fourth loss.

Congrats.

apickmans

Reaction score
superpunk;2431365 said:
He was also a very important part of your fourth loss.

Congrats.

HA. Whatever you say man. Yes he was a huge reason we scored 0 points in the 2nd half.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2431249 said:

I believe we'd refer to that move as a health related tactic........ :D

I know tho, CL. It is football and he is (supposed to be) a safety. One would think tackling is way up there on the "to do" list for that position. JMO, of course.

apickmans

Reaction score
theogt;2431356 said:
Total yards isn't a great predictor of success. According to Football Outsiders you have the 11th ranked defense in the league.

Do you have the link handy? Just want to it is all.

joseephuss

Reaction score
apickmans;2431345 said:

He is important to the defense and is a good player. Still being important to the defense is not equal to being a great safety. He still has a way to go. He also needs to hope that the Commanders don't play on Sunday night anymore. He gets run over by Jacobs in one game and is late in helping on the game winning Bennett TD with everyone watching on SNF.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2431046 said:
Bennett > Fasano

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Fasano didn't get us Bennett. That may have been a mistake. Bennett>Fasano>>Curtis.

Imagine Witten, Bennett and Fasano as our TEs.

apickmans

Reaction score
joseephuss;2431404 said:
He is important to the defense and is a good player. Still being important to the defense is not equal to being a great safety. He still has a way to go. He also needs to hope that the Commanders don't play on Sunday night anymore. He gets run over by Jacobs in one game and is late in helping on the game winning Bennett TD with everyone watching on SNF.

I agree he still has a ways to go. He def. made more bonejarring hit last year and made more plays, but he was also playing next to #21. I still think he will become a great safety, remember this is only his 2nd year. As for getting run over by Jacobs, I mean cmon who wouldnt get run over by Jacobs going full speed? That TD pass to Bennet I think was more of a great high up pass to Bennett(where only his 6'7 frame could get it). Give all the credit there to Romo and Bennett. And yes Sunday night has not been nice to us at all. Im thankful they didnt flex our game vs the Giants to a Sunday night game.

joseephuss

Reaction score
apickmans;2431450 said:
I agree he still has a ways to go. He def. made more bonejarring hit last year and made more plays, but he was also playing next to #21. I still think he will become a great safety, remember this is only his 2nd year. As for getting run over by Jacobs, I mean cmon who wouldnt get run over by Jacobs going full speed? That TD pass to Bennet I think was more of a great high up pass to Bennett(where only his 6'7 frame could get it). Give all the credit there to Romo and Bennett. And yes Sunday night has not been nice to us at all. Im thankful they didnt flex our game vs the Giants to a Sunday night game.

FOX would not let them. No way they miss out two Giants/Commanders games in a season or any other NFC East match up.

jcollins28

Reaction score
Ren;2430936 said:
I hated the Bennett pick on draft day, looks like i'll be eating a lot of crow but it's the sweet kind of crow when being being wrong is a good thing :)

Same here I'm just going to drown my crow in BBQ sauce. Plus Bennett is a beast in Madden. I love playing online and just killing guys with Bennett when they are always checking up on Roy or T.O.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
RWR is about 6'3"

Roy Williams WR is under 6'2". Check his combine measurements if it is important. Most people on the team look up to Bennett.:)

superpunk

Reaction score
apickmans;2431388 said:
HA. Whatever you say man. Yes he was a huge reason we scored 0 points in the 2nd half.
He doesn't play offense. But he was a huge reason why you gave up seven points in the 4th quarter.