Anatomy: Martellus Bennett TD

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jobberone;2431432 said:
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Fasano didn't get us Bennett. That may have been a mistake. Bennett>Fasano>>Curtis.

Imagine Witten, Bennett and Fasano as our TEs.
Fasano hasn't done much in Miami. And I read that his blocking is still as suspect as ever.

joseephuss

Reaction score
DanTanna;2431493 said:
Roy Williams WR is under 6'2". Check his combine measurements if it is important. Most people on the team look up to Bennett.:)

He was 6'-5" at Texas. Funny how those college measurements are a little off sometimes.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2430934 said:
That play was pretty sweet. Excellent play by Bennett.

Don't even have to say it but Fasano could not make that play.

To be honest, neither could Witten....he's a great TE, but he's no where near the athlete that Bennett is, which doesn't mean that Bennett will ever be near the TE that Witten is, but he certainly has the most athletic talent of any TE I can remember ever playing for Dallas...even Novachek was not the athlete he is.

He could become a totally dominant beast in the NFL if he takes care of business.

apickmans

Reaction score
superpunk;2431498 said:
He doesn't play offense. But he was a huge reason why you gave up seven points in the 4th quarter.

What are you talking about? He didnt make a boneheaded personal foul, he didnt drop an INT, he didnt miss an easy tackle, he didnt fail to fall on a fumble.

Hey if you dont wanna give any credit to Romo and Bennett thats fine by me.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
wayne motley;2431505 said:
To be honest, neither could Witten....he's a great TE, but he's no where near the athlete that Bennett is, which doesn't mean that Bennett will ever be near the TE that Witten is, but he certainly has the most athletic talent of any TE I can remember ever playing for Dallas...even Novachek was not the athlete he is.

He could become a totally dominant beast in the NFL if he takes care of business.

That is a pretty bold statement but it is one I agree with. This guy has the physical tools (ala Vernon Davis) to be as good as he wants to be in this league. Having Witten to study under and a coach that won't let him fail is going to pay massive dividends for the team.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
DanTanna;2431493 said:
Roy Williams WR is under 6'2". Check his combine measurements if it is important.

He was measured at 6024 at the combine (that's 6 feet, 2 1/2 inches).

superpunk

Reaction score
apickmans;2431516 said:
What are you talking about? He didnt make a boneheaded personal foul, he didnt drop an INT, he didnt miss an easy tackle, he didnt fail to fall on a fumble.

Hey if you dont wanna give any credit to Romo and Bennett thats fine by me.
He left the middle of the field, followed Romo's eyes and then got served on the backside because Horton can't hang with our backup TE. If that was Roy Williams, you'd be all over it. But since it's your own overrated top pick safety, and the heir apparent to uber-overrated Sean Taylor, then he is free and clear of blame in blowing the game.

apickmans

Reaction score
superpunk;2431551 said:
He left the middle of the field, followed Romo's eyes and then got served on the backside because Horton can't hang with our backup TE. If that was Roy Williams, you'd be all over it. But since it's your own overrated top pick safety, and the heir apparent to uber-overrated Sean Taylor, then he is free and clear of blame in blowing the game.

Sometimes I wonder why i even bother with you. Here iam trying to give your QB and TE props but youre too blinded by hate and trying to be such a homer. Its ok, i forgive you.

kapolani

Reaction score
superpunk;2431551 said:

Romo definitely played Landry.

All it takes sometimes is freezing a guy for a second or two.

Benett made a beauty of a move on Horton. He made the kid look like he was caught in the headlights of a car. But, to give him some credit he made up a lot of ground on that play.

I'm excited about the potential of Benett. Hopefully he keeps his head on straight and works hard.

superpunk

Reaction score
apickmans;2431562 said:
Sometimes I wonder why i even bother with you. Here iam trying to give your QB and TE props but youre too blinded by hate and trying to be such a homer. Its ok, i forgive you.
It was definitely a great play by Romo and Bennett, but it also demonstrated Landry and Horton's deficiencies. I mean, here was our backup TE and our undrafted QB making high 1st round draft choice Laron Landry look like a chump out there...wow. I wonder if he'll ever develop into a decent player?

apickmans

Reaction score
superpunk;2431577 said:
It was definitely a great play by Romo and Bennett, but it also demonstrated Landry and Horton's deficiencies. I mean, here was our backup TE and our undrafted QB making high 1st round draft choice Laron Landry look like a chump out there...wow. I wonder if he'll ever develop into a decent player?

SP, I love it. Got anymore left in ya?

superpunk

Reaction score
apickmans;2431591 said:
SP, I love it. Got anymore left in ya?
It's clear that you have no rebuttal, and that you are ok with the fact that you guys spent a top 10 pick on a safety who....lines up 30 yards off the ball and does nothing. I do appreciate the props to Romo and Bennett, though. Hopefully they'll be scorching Washington (and lost safety Landry) for the next 5 years.

dboyz

Reaction score
That was one of those plays that when executed like it was, it basically can't be stopped. If you have Bennett and Witten coming downfield who do you cheat towards? Witten. That left just enough room to get it to Bennett. If he keeps making plays like that, we are really dangerous.

apickmans

Reaction score
superpunk;2431598 said:
It's clear that you have no rebuttal, and that you are ok with the fact that you guys spent a top 10 pick on a safety who....lines up 30 yards off the ball and does nothing. I do appreciate the props to Romo and Bennett, though. Hopefully they'll be scorching Washington (and lost safety Landry) for the next 5 years.

Its not like that at all. I said my piece and you said yours. We're not gonna change our minds, so Im just gonna leave it at that. If we ever get a pass rush, look out.

true_north

Reaction score
theogt;2431092 said:
Nice. Witten and Roy on one side, TO and Bennett on the other, with Barber leaking out underneath. Weapons galore.

Witten, Owens, Williams (The WOW factor) (not original, saw it on BTB).

Plus: Bennett & Barber

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
This is why I called our 2 TE formation a future deadly formation for us, especially when Felix is back and you can plug him in at RB.

And it's apparent that they are going to send Bennett downfield against any safety or linebacker, this guy is a freaking rookie, just give him a couple of years, teams may not know who RWR or TO is.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I have always liked the pick just questioned whether or not he could put it together. I'm much more optimistic now. Martellus see ball, Martellus catch ball.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
dboyz;2431643 said:
That was one of those plays that when executed like it was, it basically can't be stopped. If you have Bennett and Witten coming downfield who do you cheat towards? Witten. That left just enough room to get it to Bennett. If he keeps making plays like that, we are really dangerous.
Especially with that defense. Why can't we see man on man on TO, Witten and RW11, with one deep safety over the top all the time??

Ren

Reaction score
superpunk;2431551 said:

If he doesn't follow Witten it's a Witten TD it was just a great play for the defense they where in, it was a no win situation for him right from the snap

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;2430987 said:
Man, Roy Williams breaks free just as Romo looks back to his left.... He was wide open too!!!! Good to see guys making plays, no matter who it is.

You cannot cover that package (TO ROY WITT BENNETT) with man-to-man. Two or three of those guys will draw double-teams. Someone's going to be open.