And Texas A&M still can't win

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
Newly signed recruit Terrence McCoy on why he chose Texas A&M over other schoools.

McCoy, who said he’s been looking forward to Wednesday since he watched his brother Jaime sign his letter of intent a year ago, has received positive reports from his brother about A&M and the football program.

“They take care of you down there,” McCoy said. “I know from my brother they keep your pockets full, give you plenty of money, keep feeding you meals. Besides that all the help they give you with football. They keep you on your grades with private tutoring. Just good all-around.”

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Are you seriously taking the word of a 17 year old who isnt even on campus yet? :rolleyes:

And tu is widely known to have been paying their players for years, they just havent gotton caught yet.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Are you seriously taking the word of a 17 year old who isnt even on campus yet? :rolleyes:

And tu is widely known to have been paying their players for years, they just havent gotton caught yet.

All successful programs do it (yes, even you Golden Domers)...

It just looks bad for this kid to say something that stupid...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue said:
All successful programs do it (yes, even you Golden Domers)...

It just looks bad for this kid to say something that stupid...

Of course everyone does it to some extent.....

Texas has just made a business out of it. Ricky Williams once said that Texas shelled out some big bucks to keep him around his senior season

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Not all programs.

Every major D-1 team has payed a player at some point in their history

Miami, Texas, FSU and Michigan are just notriously bad about it

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Every major D-1 team has payed a player at some point in their history

Miami, Texas, FSU and Michigan are just notriously bad about it

And A&M can't even teach their recruits to keep their trap shut. :eek:

royhitshard

Reaction score
Glenn Carano said:
Newly signed recruit Terrence McCoy on why he chose Texas A&M over other schoools.

McCoy, who said he’s been looking forward to Wednesday since he watched his brother Jaime sign his letter of intent a year ago, has received positive reports from his brother about A&M and the football program.

“They take care of you down there,” McCoy said. “I know from my brother they keep your pockets full, give you plenty of money, keep feeding you meals. Besides that all the help they give you with football. They keep you on your grades with private tutoring. Just good all-around.”
CLASSIC!!!! :laugh2: :laugh1:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ags try to clarify remarks
Recruit told paper A&M keeps 'your pockets full'

By JOSEPH DUARTE
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Midland Lee receiver Terrence McCoy has yet to step on campus, but he's causing a stir in Aggieland.

http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/After signing with Texas A&M on Wednesday, McCoy told the Midland Reporter-Telegram, "They take care of you down there. I know from my brother they keep your pockets full, give you plenty of money, keep feeding you meals."

McCoy's older brother, Jamie, is a freshman quarterback for the Aggies.
Texas A&M coach Dennis Franchione issued a statement Friday in an attempt to clear up McCoy's comments.

"We follow NCAA rules here at Texas A&M," Franchione said. "I believe Terrence did not explain himself well. We will do all that we can, within the rules of the NCAA, to help our players be successful on the field, in the classrooms and in life."

An A&M official said McCoy was referring to the $30 per day schools are allowed to provide players hosting prospects for entertainment purposes on official visits. Franchione also said on his Web site that players can receive meal stipends under certain conditions.

The school's compliance office, which reports directly to the university president, is likely to review the matter.

Franchione said on his Web site Friday that Charley North, the school's director of football operations, works closely with the school's compliance and business office to manage what players receive.

"It is monitored and audited to the dime," Franchione wrote. "There are all kinds of checks and balances and procedures to make sure there is no abuse of the system."

Efforts to reach McCoy and Midland Lee head coach Randy Quisenberry were unsuccessful Friday.

joseph.duarte@chron.com

Link

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Priceless.

Way to go after those Phi Beta Kappa's there Dennis.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Name one...

Paterno's as clean as they get at Penn State. I'm associates with some of their major boosters and have actually had a few lament to me in private about not being able to do things to "keep up with the competition".

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Paterno's as clean as they get at Penn State. I'm associates with some of their major boosters and have actually had a few lament to me in private about not being able to do things to "keep up with the competition".

:rolleyes:

2 words: Kerry Collins

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
That comment is almost as dumb as the U. Houston player who said of then-head coach John Jenkins "He treats us like men, he lets us wear earrings"

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Should we seriously take the word of a 20 year old on an internet forum?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Texas A&M pays their players?

They aren't paying them enough, apparantly.