And the Cowboys pick in the first round 2025 is

gtb1943

Reaction score
There is not 1 RB drafted in the first round in 20 years who has been a good pick.

You're old, I get it. But what you learned 40 years ago doesn't really matter. Sorry.
Your football intelligence, judging from your posts, is that of a refugee of Pee Wee Football.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Sorry, but you absolutely wrong on this one. Also, the Lions could win the NFC with a 1st round running back. Jeanty is a back that the Cowboys need and it looks like he will go between picks 9 and 15 at this point.
KC won Super Bowls with Clyde. Wasting a pick doesn't mean that you can't win.

Maybe Jeanty will, maybe he won't. Any team that takes an RB in that range is dumb.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Yes. Bijan was definitely worth the pick. Was drafting Tony Dorsett and Emmitt Smith worth a first round pick?
Lmao no he wasn't. He's not even a 1,000 yard back and is only averaging 4.1 ypc.

DORSETT WAS DRAFTED 47 YEARS AGO lol. Those guys are entirely irrelevant to the modern game.

rambo2

Reaction score
There is not 1 RB drafted in the first round in 20 years who has been a good pick.

You're old, I get it. But what you learned 40 years ago doesn't really matter. Sorry.
The Lions have never gone to the Super Bowl and they do have a chance now with their 1st round back.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Put Jeanty on the team and subtract Zeke. It would be a huge upgrade and you would have him on his rookie deal.
It would make very little difference and would be slightly more expensive.

Brian Thomas - pick 23 last year - has a cap hit of $2.665m. Zeke's cap hit for his current deal is $2m.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
It's already obvious that he was a good pick for their team.
Nope. He is a good player but nowhere near worth that draft capital. I don't see how using a top-15 pick on, effectively, a split backfield is good value. Never was, never will be.

Hardline

Reaction score
Lmao no he wasn't. He's not even a 1,000 yard back and is only averaging 4.1 ypc.

DORSETT WAS DRAFTED 47 YEARS AGO lol. Those guys are entirely irrelevant to the modern game.
Bijan's career isn't over and he is a big weapon for the Falcons. I know all about Bijian. I am a die hard Longhorns fan.
The modern NFLs pass to run ratio from 47 years ago is basically the same. I instantly dismiss anyone that claims this is a passing league.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Bijan's career isn't over and he is a big weapon for the Falcons. I know all about Bijian. I am a die hard Longhorns fan.
The modern NFLs pass to run ratio from 47 years ago is basically the same. I instantly dismiss anyone that claims this is a passing league.
Lol no he isn't. He could disappear tomorrow and the offense would be exactly the same.

Per the bolded - I don't even know how to argue with that. You are unequivocally wrong and stuck in the past. It is a passing league, entirely. I don't know how you look at all of the good teams in the last 4-5 years and think it's not a passing league.

Hardline

Reaction score
Lol no he isn't. He could disappear tomorrow and the offense would be exactly the same.

Per the bolded - I don't even know how to argue with that. You are unequivocally wrong and stuck in the past. It is a passing league, entirely. I don't know how you look at all of the good teams in the last 4-5 years and think it's not a passing league.
The run to pass ratio is basically the same. You can BOLD anything you want. It still isn't any more true. Defenses game plan against Bijan because he is that good. You are a part of RBs are a dime a dozen crowd and that is blatantly false. Believe me. I played football for eight years and not just a casual fan. You can make a pro and con argument for any position in football. And as you probably have noticed. Teams are even getting more run heavy now.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The run to pass ratio is basically the same.
Doesn't matter. The run game is a product of the passing game now. Fundamentally, the passing game is several degrees more important.

The ratio (which has evolved a handful of plays a game) is always going to be close because of the way teams play with a lead.

Hardline

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. The run game is a product of the passing game now. Fundamentally, the passing game is several degrees more important.

The ratio (which has evolved a handful of plays a game) is always going to be close because of the way teams play with a lead.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/NFL/index.htm

Checkmate. The run game plays off the passing game and the passing game plays off the run game.
It goes both directions.

This is why you want a balanced offense.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Some people think they are smarter than everyone else and usually that means they are dumber than most