And the Cowboys Player Complaining about the coaches is

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would be Tyrone Crawford. He checks all the boxes. “Well respected” within the organization. No offense to D-Law, but he doesn’t really fit that bill. Neither does Hill, Poe, or Griffen. LVE has been out lately so I don’t think he’d talk to/around DL players. Crawford is the only option. He’s also been show to have quite a uncontrollable temper (bar fight anyone?).

he’s on the verge of losing his job as well. He knows very well he will be cut at this rate. So he’s trying to save face. It all adds up now.

honestly, Crawford has been such a big no show I forgot he was even on the defensive line up.

edit: he also had a taunting penalty the other day, while we were down like 21-3 or something. He’s clearly on edge.

I agree that I also think that one of them is Crawford. Everything they have claimed about him for the past several years has been wrong, especially from the "leadership" point, at least in a positive view.

Did he show "leadership" by getting in that drunken barfight last year?

Was he "showing leadership" by getting a taunting penalty when he and his team were getting shelled?

Everything about the guy has been a disaster.

I hope the team finds out who it was and cuts any players that they financially can. Crawford is already a tremendous sunk cost, but that doesn't mean that they have to keep him or put up with him is he is a malcontent. Cut him and get players who actually want to be here and want to earn their money.

Anybody remember Jay Ratliff going from 'team guy' to toxic really fast? I do.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I agree that I also think that one of them is Crawford. Everything they have claimed about him for the past several years has been wrong, especially from the "leadership" point, at least in a positive view.

Did he show "leadership" by getting in that drunken barfight last year?

Was he "showing leadership" by getting a taunting penalty when he and his team were getting shelled?

Everything about the guy has been a disaster.

I hope the team finds out who it was and cuts any players that they financially can. Crawford is already a tremendous sunk cost, but that doesn't mean that they have to keep him or put up with him is he is a malcontent. Cut him and get players who actually want to be here and want to earn their money.

Anybody remember Jay Ratliff going from 'team guy' to toxic really fast? I do.

Uncle Jerry's always got the "conduct detrimental to the team" to fall back on. Surprised he didn't throw that out this morning.

Majic

Reaction score
Just reporting what I heard on the podcast folks, thought it would be of interest

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They should drop this whole thing

every team no matter how successful has one player that is overly critical about coaching and thinks they dont know squat

Media is not going to drop it. Only cure is winning. As long as they continue to play as they have the media will continue to dive head first with this story

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uncle Jerry's always got the "conduct detrimental to the team" to fall back on. Surprised he didn't throw that out this morning.

It's an option that he'll never use. As I recall, Ratliff went at Jerry Jones personally and they had to be pulled apart. Doesn't get much worse than that, but Ratliff ended up keeping every dime of what Jones and the Cowboys paid him, despite not earning it.

I think Kyle Orton did something along the same lines, in keeping money he didn't earn as well.

garyo1954

Reaction score
It's an option that he'll never use. As I recall, Ratliff went at Jerry Jones personally and they had to be pulled apart. Doesn't get much worse than that, but Ratliff ended up keeping every dime of what Jones and the Cowboys paid him, despite not earning it.

I think Kyle Orton did something along the same lines, in keeping money he didn't earn as well.

True, but Jerry's a little confused or confusing right now.

Notice how he always thinks he has a pulse on the team, what's happening in the locker room, and everything Cowboy? His normal response is, "If a player has a problem he knows my door is always open," ala Greg Ellis.

His response to this report, although his venom is aimed at Jane Slater, appears to support Big Mac and his staff. What he did not say, "I've personally spoken with the coaches and we'll be making some changes to how we go forward," another of his favorite, 'I took care of the problem because I'm the only one who knows how to do these things,' quotes.

Is it infatuation, or is Uncle Jerry sold on Big Mac?

Your choice.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I don't know, but Michael Lombardi (former NFL assistant) does. On his podcast 'The GM Shuffle' he says he knows and the Cowboys organisation know.

He says-player 1 'is well respected and a smart player' player 2 'was very critical of Jim Tomsula'

I'm really surprised about Tomsula as he is a proven coach.

I'm going to change my votes:

I think that the "well respected and smart player" is Brandon Carr. He argued with coaches prior to getting cut.

As for the one who was "very critical of Jim Tomsula"? I'd say that's either Everson Griffen or Demarcus Lawrence. Both seem thin-skinned and not big on personal accountability for their own struggles.

Majic

Reaction score
I'm going to change my votes:

I think that the "well respected and smart player" is Brandon Carr. He argued with coaches prior to getting cut.

As for the one who was "very critical of Jim Tomsula"? I'd say that's either Everson Griffen or Demarcus Lawrence. Both seem thin-skinned and not big on personal accountability for their own struggles.

1) Carr
2) Griffen

my best guess

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
it said Dallas players right? pretty sure that's how it was written when i saw it.
to accurately report she would have had to say current & former players. to lump in one category would be misleading. to intentionally mislead would make her very vulnerable to criticism. as she reports for national outlets, i can't see her taking that risk.

Yeah. Carr easily could have been the source for what the current "players" are thinking and saying privately. JJT's source seems to point to Carr as well or another recently waived player.

I guess eventually it will be revealed. Maybe we'll also see that Dez Walmart video.

MikeB80

Reaction score
This is going to help this sorry organization beat Washington for sure

MikeB80

Reaction score
Also. If Lombardi knows who the players are it’s because broaddus told him and if broaddus knows then it’s because slater told him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well I don't know, but Michael Lombardi (former NFL assistant) does. On his podcast 'The GM Shuffle' he says he knows and the Cowboys organisation know.

He says-player 1 'is well respected and a smart player' player 2 'was very critical of Jim Tomsula'

Who cares. Really.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I also guess Tyrone Crawford, decreased playing time hasn't been effective. Must be the coaching.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score

I’ve thought since the beginning it’s Antwaun Woods.

1) He was supposed to be replaced by Poe
2) DLine getting criticized for run D
3) he’s shown stupidity before.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Gee another sportswriter who speculates on something CLAIMING to know something yet not saying who it is and how he knows this. The reason, because he's just saying this for clicks and if he actually named any player he would be liable for a law suite so he's just saying I know but I'm not saying and watching how many are jumping on this. Unbelievable!