And then there were 4

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
By now you could pretty much nail it down to 4 if you listen to the draft show and guys like Broaduss who still has friends in the office. It’s pretty straight forward that one of these 4 players will be the pick @17 for the Cowboys....

1. Javon Kinlaw DT
2. CJ Henderson CB
3. K’lavon Chassion DE
4. Kenneth Murray LB

Murray seems to be picking up a lot of steam with Cowboys Brass according to Broaduss. Thinks he’s the safest pick if Kinlaw is gone.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I like Murray but he he wont make the kind of impact Kinlaw or Chaisson ,i would consider trading up for them.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If they draft Kenneth Murray, LVE is about to announce his retirement or we are going to a pure 3/4 defense and Jaylon is moving to outside linebacker. Or maybe they are trying to entice teams to move and make a trade with us.

Sydla

Reaction score
By now you could pretty much nail it down to 4 if you listen to the draft show and guys like Broaduss who still has friends in the office. It’s pretty straight forward that one of these 4 players will be the pick @17 for the Cowboys....

1. Javon Kinlaw DT
2. CJ Henderson CB
3. K’lavon Chassion DE
4. Kenneth Murray LB

Murray seems to be picking up a lot of steam with Cowboys Brass according to Broaduss. Thinks he’s the safest pick if Kinlaw is gone.

Murray would be interesting but would you get real value there? What if Smith and LVE are fine and play well this year? Where's Murray fit?

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Picking murray simply confirms that the LVE pick was a disaster and/or jaylons deal was a bad move.
Picking a lb makes little difference imo
I'm know I'm going to hugely disappointed in two weeks time, I have no trust in this franchise

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think the LB is out, and if Broaddus is saying Murray is gaining stream then I'm confident he's not the pick.

chrlopez

Reaction score

1. Javon Kinlaw DT
2. CJ Henderson CB
3. K’lavon Chassion DE
4. Kenneth Murray LB

i think Xavier the Safety need to be in the discussion. Picking K’Lavon would pretty much set the DE but would he even play more than 25 snaps a game. I think he’s still to light. I still think the Safety and Dark Horse would be a WR. I hate to say it but that’s what I think. Maybe even trade down.

keep an eye on Phili they are identical to us. They definately will pick a WR and also CB. With Skay on one side and 1st Rounder in the other they will be able to challenge us.

I think is Henderson is key. He’s not their somebody will drop. A WR probably

morasp

Reaction score
Than I'm not sure why they interviewed Baun because I doubt he will be there at 51.

Sydla

Reaction score
He nails the Cowboys first pick every year. Don’t know how you could say that.

he’s nailed zeke, LVE, Taco and Hill.

Not this early he hasn't. Closer to the draft he may have more information but the team itself doesn't even know who they will definitely take at this point plus the board could break any different way and the guy he predicts today could be off the board anyway.

Gaede

Reaction score
If they draft Kenneth Murray, LVE is about to announce his retirement or we are going to a pure 3/4 defense and Jaylon is moving to outside linebacker. Or maybe they are trying to entice teams to move and make a trade with us.
I think this make sense. We have more flexibility to go to a 3 man front. Which eliminates the need for a dominant rde, which is extremely difficult to find, and means we focus on getting an olb/edge rusher, which is easier.

That said, pretty flimsy plan to base your defense on your first round pick.

btcutter

Reaction score

1. Javon Kinlaw DT
2. CJ Henderson CB
3. K’lavon Chassion DE
4. Kenneth Murray LB

I am very concerned about drafting Henderson. Freak athlete and probably real good cover CB. But his tackling is awful. IMO, tackling is about toughness, heart and desire. All of them are the core of a great football player. Sure athleticism is super important as if you don't have it you can't play in the league. At the same time we've all seen plenty of elite athlete that fail in the league especially after $$$ shows up in their bank account.

He reminds me of Mike Jenkins CB we had. Also great athlete but no desire to tackle anyone. When things were good he would put in the effort but when things go south he folds..

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I can definitely seeing it come down to Diggs and Murray on draft night. I have no idea what the Murray interest means but apparently they think he fits somehow.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Not this early he hasn't. Closer to the draft he may have more information but the team itself doesn't even know who they will definitely take at this point plus the board could break any different way and the guy he predicts today could be off the board anyway.
Exactly

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Can somebody please explain to me, why Murray?

All I remember is that the Sooners Defense was bad.

What do I miss?