Andrew Booth, come on down!

Praxit

Reaction score
..yep, this guy has some good licks in him. Could forebode well moving forward.

1time4urMind

Reaction score
Maybe we could tell Dan Quinn he's a linebacker and get a fourth rounder from Washington for him.
I sure hope we don't keep him. His coverage looked lousy.
Diggs, Bland, Lewis, Carson... and, Booth?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Does anyone have any A-1 sauce or some Old Fashioned steak sauce I can use on this dry crow I'm gladly eating since Booth so far has proved me wrong?
:grin:
SVOO85S.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score
i don't see the impression on Booth

.. Booth gave a huge deep pass ...and if not for an overthrow miss by QB ,as Booth was beaten deep again ,, it would have been another deep pass surrendered ....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Maaan did he show up and not just this play.

He tackled well, but there were multiple completions against him, even against backup receivers. Not saying I didn't like some of what he showed, but it wasn't hard to see why the Vikings were willing to swap him for Wright.

gimmesix

Reaction score
At worst, he takes the Noah Igbinoghene role. Final CB, active some guys, inactive when they need other bodies.

But with him being a former 2nd round pick and trading for him, he likely has the inside track to the 53.
I don't know. We've got Diggs, Bland, Lewis, Carson and Scott. Then, there's Goodwin for special teams, so that's six corners. At safety, we're probably keeping at least four: Hooker, Wilson, Bell and Thomas. Most likely we go 10 at most, so even if we finally decide not to keep Goodwin (or do what we've done the last couple of years and start him off on the PS), the last spot comes down to Mukuamu (who I thought played better in coverage when he was out there than Booth), Booth and Hall.

All we traded for Booth was a corner we weren't going to keep, so that amounts to a wash.

plasticman

Reaction score
It could very well be that both Booth and Wright's new destinations have more compatible defensive styles for them. That really plays a huge part in their careers.

There are some players with average careers that would have been greatly enhanced on a different team. The ability to succeed involves many variables, some of which a person has no control.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The secondary play was the strength of the defense, while the quarterback play was the weakness of the offense.

It seems this team might do well to find a promising QB to sign, since Dak can no longer be afforded in the future.
Someone always has to turn a non-Dak thread into a Dak thread.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He tackled well, but there were multiple completions against him, even against backup receivers. Not saying I didn't like some of what he showed, but it wasn't hard to see why the Vikings were willing to swap him for Wright.
Some look at things with a glass full mentality. Nothing wrong with that just not for me. Dude made some plays Nashon never did. In 1 game.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Some look at things with a glass full mentality. Nothing wrong with that just not for me. Dude made some plays Nashon never did. In 1 game.
He tackled well. Nashon did fine as a tackler. I prefer corners who break up passes. I think he had one, but he also gave up several completions, including the long one. I like the way he stuck players when they ran at him or caught passes in front of him. I see no reason to overreact to that, though.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He tackled well. Nashon did fine as a tackler. I prefer corners who break up passes. I think he had one, but he also gave up several completions, including the long one. I like the way he stuck players when they ran at him or caught passes in front of him. I see no reason to overreact to that, though.
Who’s overreacting? No one. You haters just can’t be happy and can’t stand anyone else being excited about some players. I said Guyton and Beebe with Smith are Road Graders and someone attacked me about that. Y’all just can’t be happy.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Who’s overreacting? No one. You haters just can’t be happy and can’t stand anyone else being excited about some players. I said Guyton and Beebe with Smith are Road Graders and someone attacked me about that. Y’all just can’t be happy.
Always got to resort to the name-calling. I almost didn't respond to this thread because you always are such a jerk toward anyone you think is being negative.

I like the way Booth tackled. There's nothing wrong with just liking the way Booth tackled. His coverage was not that much different than Wright's. Receivers mostly made plays against him, but he brought them down when they did. It's OK to not care for his coverage overall and hope it gets better.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Booth made some nice tackles which bodes well for a possible spot with special teams. In coverage felt he played just ok. He saw a ton of balls his way during this game, didn't really breakup passes, but was right there to make the tackle.

He did fall behind the receiver multiple times but showed good recovery just coming up a little short on the breakup. I didn't see how he got out of position on some of these plays, but definitely has work to do. With all that said I rather keep a corner like him that has some upside to play corner vs a special teamer like CJ Goodwin. Love CJ, but at some point someone has to push a 34 year old that doesn't add much as a db.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Booth made some nice tackles which bodes well for a possible spot with special teams. In coverage felt he played just ok. He saw a ton of balls his way during this game, didn't really breakup passes, but was right there to make the tackle.

He did fall behind the receiver multiple times but showed good recovery just coming up a little short on the breakup. I didn't see how he got out of position on some of these plays, but definitely has work to do. With all that said I rather keep a corner like him that has some upside to play corner vs a special teamer like CJ Goodwin. Love CJ, but at some point someone has to push a 34 year old that doesn't add much as a db.
Goodwin has definitely had a good gig here, making the team over and over because of his special teams play despite not being a very good corner. I think part of that has been because of his willingness to go on the practice squad for a few games until a roster spot opens. The new PS rules allow him to do that and be called up for three games to play special teams while a better corner (or other player) who might be claimed is kept on the roster and just inactive for those games. This might be the year, though, that we don't add him to the roster after his three call-ups are done (at least not right away). We can keep him on the PS until we want to call him up to the roster a fourth time, then we have to sign him to the 53.

To not sign him to the 53, someone has to play as well as he does on ST and make him expendable.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Someone always has to turn a non-Dak thread into a Dak thread.
As long as he's the leader of the offense, his name will be mentioned. There's no rule that forbids it, that I know of. The team's situation in general was part of my subject matter, and Dak fits into that picture. I like him and all, but he's an unavoidable part of the team's overall picture.

Last edited:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Booth showed good good speed. Yes, he got burned on that one play, but hey, even Diggs gives up plays sometimes.

But his tackling... good aggressive open-field tackling is a nice perk in a CB.

Depth wise he's looking at a #4-#5 CB spot, which is fine. Good depth is a luxury. If he keeps hustling, he'll earn a spot.

1time4urMind

Reaction score
Booth is a willing tackler. Not a particularly good one.

His coverage wasn't great, but the Raiders QB's were bad.

Our first four corners are set.
Diggs, Bland, Lewis, Carson

Scott and Hall put up better film. But, I don't think Scott makes the 53. He is a practice squad candidate, most likely.

Hall has a lot of good film the last two weeks. Jumps off the tape. I'd keep him rather than expose him to waivers.

OH, yeah, Booth... He's most likely a cut. But, so was Wright.