Andy Dalton Appreciation Thread

phildadon86

Reaction score
He was playing really well until 2 lineman went down, and the stupid coaching call to go for it on 4th at their own 30 in the first half. I think the cowboys had the lead, and were getting the ball back after the half.

He was looking good until zeke fumbled in the 2nd half.

Just saying you might not like andy, and it may be for reasons other than football

That loss wasnt on andy, and he was making good throws, and 2 nice runs for 1st downs. He did have some bad throws, but more good ones

when the qb has half of the yards rushing as both rb's combined, it is not good. rb's had 47 yards rushing
Playing really well? 2 linemen went down in 4 plays lol. And no he wasnt looking good. He missed Amari for a TD and multiple other times didnt see the open guy going down the field "something Dak gets killed for on here every game". Its amazing we make excuses for Dalton but Dak doesnt get the same treatment.

I have nothing against Dalton at all. Im just grading him the same way everyone on here graded Dak. Every missed throw, every time he makes a mental mistake, every time he makes the wrong read. I will be bringing it up. Because thats what ive heard for 4 years straight.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dalton didnt play well yesterday but was nowhere near the reason we lost this game. Ceedee dropping easy TDs, Zeke fumbling, stupid playcalling by Kellen Moore etc.
Dak's Cowboys led the league in drops last year. Did he get the same excuse? I am just curious. And no Dalton is definitely not why we lost the game. That honor falls on coaching. Never seen a team come out that flat after having something like what happened to coach Paul happen. Thats a disgrace and they should be ashamed.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
He was playing really well until 2 lineman went down, and the stupid coaching call to go for it on 4th at their own 30 in the first half. I think the cowboys had the lead, and were getting the ball back after the half.

He was looking good until zeke fumbled in the 2nd half.

Just saying you might not like andy, and it may be for reasons other than football

That loss wasnt on andy, and he was making good throws, and 2 nice runs for 1st downs. He did have some bad throws, but more good ones

when the qb has half of the yards rushing as both rb's combined, it is not good. rb's had 47 yards rushing
Bro good post, but you are wasting your time. These homers are HAPPY this team lost because of their agenda about Dak.

Dak has a huge number of games in his career like Dalton’s yesterday and they made nothing but excuses for him too

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Playing really well? 2 linemen went down in 4 plays lol. And no he wasnt looking good. He missed Amari for a TD and multiple other times didnt see the open guy going down the field "something Dak gets killed for on here every game". Its amazing we make excuses for Dalton but Dak doesnt get the same treatment.

I have nothing against Dalton at all. Im just grading him the same way everyone on here graded Dak. Every missed throw, every time he makes a mental mistake, every time he makes the wrong read. I will be bringing it up. Because thats what ive heard for 4 years straight.

Dak is irrelevant, he is injured and out for the season. It sucks, but he should not factor into any grade you give andy. If 4 years of people posting on here weighs that heavily on you, do what you got to do.

He had a really nice throw to cooper for a long TD, and might have had another if not for a PI. You know those looked good. That pass to Lamb in the endzone looked real nice. He had good throws

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dak's Cowboys led the league in drops last year. Did he get the same excuse? I am just curious. And no Dalton is definitely not why we lost the game. That honor falls on coaching. Never seen a team come out that flat after having something like what happened to coach Paul happen. Thats a disgrace and they should be ashamed.
From a majority if you homers, yes he did

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak is irrelevant, he is injured and out for the season. It sucks, but he should not factor into any grade you give andy. If 4 years of people posting on here weighs that heavily on you, do what you got to do.

He had a really nice throw to cooper for a long TD, and might have had another if not for a PI. You know those looked good
I agree those were amazing passes. That one for the TD was a DIME. I will always give credit where its due. But as ive been told on here. Consistency is what matters. Dak had some very nice throws but also had some very bad ones. Which ones did we hear about on here? lol. Thats what I am saying. I dont care whos at QB as long as the team wins. Doesnt mean I am going to give Dalton a pass when he doesnt play well.

phildadon86

Reaction score
From a majority if you homers, yes he did
Did you excuse him when the WR dropped perfect passes? You personally? No you didnt lol. But now you're doing it for Andy. See what I am getting at here? Either way. This team loss was not on Dalton by any means. This team isnt even a team. Its a bunch of individuals all looking for personal glory. The problem with this team was in the press box wearing a mask yesterday. Looking dumbfounded.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Bro good post, but you are wasting your time. These homers are HAPPY this team lost because of their agenda about Dak.

Dak has a huge number of games in his career like Dalton’s yesterday and they made nothing but excuses for him too
And I am never Happy after a loss fine sir. We both knows this lol.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I agree those were amazing passes. That one for the TD was a DIME. I will always give credit where its due. But as ive been told on here. Consistency is what matters. Dak had some very nice throws but also had some very bad ones. Which ones did we hear about on here? lol. Thats what I am saying. I dont care whos at QB as long as the team wins. Doesnt mean I am going to give Dalton a pass when he doesnt play well.

I get it, but don't let what is on here influence what you say. It lessens your opinion

I am all for criticizing or complimenting andy, but dak shouldn't be in it. Just like you shouldn't criticize dak because he didnt do the stuff tony did. I was a huge Tony fan, but Dak was really fun to watch when he took over

I am jaded because that is all you see on here, and people are so invested in the dak contract andy comparison stuff, that they are missing the little that we have to enjoy this year.

Dalton is fun to watch too. He is pretty tuff, and takes hits well. He runs for firsts, makes good throws. I don't get down about loses anymore so, i look at it on the optimistic side. He did miss some throws though

phildadon86

Reaction score
I get it, but don't let what is on here influence what you say. It lessens your opinion

I am all for criticizing or complimenting andy, but dak shouldn't be in it. Just like you shouldn't criticize dak because he didnt do the stuff tony did. I was a huge Tony fan, but Dak was really fun to watch when he took over

I am jaded because that is all you see on here, and people are so invested in the dak contract andy comparison stuff, that they are missing the little that we have to enjoy this year.

Dalton is fun to watch too. He is pretty tuff, and takes hits well. He runs for firsts, makes good throws. I don't get down about loses anymore so, i look at it on the optimistic side. He did miss some throws though
Only optimism is the chance at a top 5 pick and putting that on defense

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I agree. There aren't any negative threads about Dalton because overall...he played well.

He outplayed Smith yet Washington scored over 40 points. That's the issue.

The pick 6 when the game was out of sight is irrelevant. Washington brought the house and the back up to the back up o line caved in like a pack of cards. If that had happened in the first half then chances are Dalton just takes the sack. But as the team were in a hopeless situation he took the risk of following through with yet another horrific play call.

We wouldn't have won with Prescott yesterday...did people not actually see the game!? The coaches gave the opposition 14 points on a plate, Zeke fumbled again in his own half and Lamb failed to catch an easy TD.

Dalton even extended drives by running for third downs.

Where Dalton was disappointing was that he didn't audible and change enough of the horrific play calls (E.g . dumping off screens which didn't work and he should have thrown more deep balls). Also, I couldn't believe he didn't get the snap off before their defender was running off for either a 5 yards penalty or a free deep shot. So disappointed with that. You would expect all of that to be meat and drink to a vet guy like Dalton. But I guess that lack of swagger and backbone is why he hasn't been more successful in the nfl.

Overall Dalton played well enough for a rookie or Vet QB on a cheap deal to have won. That's why there aren't a load of negative threads about his performance in a game where he actually played well.
wait, the pick 6 is irrelevant, yet people burned Dak for throwing interceptions in the opponents endzone with few seconds left on the clock...what gives?

this game would have been totally different with Dak yesterday....we would have had a larger lead and no need for coaches to even consider taking those risks.