Andy Dalton Appreciation Thread

jjktkk

Reaction score
And Dak has gotten reamed for them by you Dak haters. Where is your hate now?
I actually would prefer Dak over Andy, but as you know I really want to draft our next QB out of this 2021 draft class. Its a strong class.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I actually would prefer Dak over Andy, but as you know I really want to draft our next QB out of this 2021 draft class. Its a strong class.
If Dak fully heals from his injury and is willing to settle between $32 - $35 mil / year on a new contract, I would be more than good with that since he is proven. Drafting a new QB is a big risk. More often than not those super costly 1st round picked QBs don't pan out. Plus, it would take 2-3 years for a rookie QB to get enough experience and adequately learn the playbook and get used to NFL games speed. 3 years from now, many of our current in-their-prime players will no longer be in their prime or with this team. I would rather keep Dak and keep the ball rolling with him without skipping a beat.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The throw wasn’t the best, but that was just an awesome play by Kendricks.

That and I don't think the other passes that could have been interceptions were "easy." Kendricks nearly made another really good play, but could only get his fingertips on the ball. And on the slant at the goal line to Shultz, I believe Shultz kept the defender from getting a clean shot at the ball.

There was some throws Dalton made that he could have thrown better and there were some passes he shouldn't have thrown, but he also made a bunch of good throws and had a couple of passes dropped by Gallup. If he's my first-string quarterback, I want him to clean up his mistakes. As my backup, I'm pleased with that performance.

Proof

Reaction score
That and I don't think the other passes that could have been interceptions were "easy." Kendricks nearly made another really good play, but could only get his fingertips on the ball. And on the slant at the goal line to Shultz, I believe Shultz kept the defender from getting a clean shot at the ball.

There was some throws Dalton made that he could have thrown better and there were some passes he shouldn't have thrown, but he also made a bunch of good throws and had a couple of passes dropped by Gallup. If he's my first-string quarterback, I want him to clean up his mistakes. As my backup, I'm pleased with that performance.

Same. And yeah Gallup missed a couple of expect him to grab. On the flip side, Amari made a few difficult catches.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Dude, if Dak played this same game, he'd be crucified. 200 yards? Close INTs, bad sacks, overthrows?!

Dalton is a game manager who is prone to turnovers.
See, he made all those mistakes and still guided his team to 31 points, usually, only elite quarterbacks make many mistakes and still put up points...he should have put up 50 ... :muttley::muttley::muttley:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not turnover averse..how many of his would be ints were dropped?...just this year alone,I'd say 6 and let's not forget his fumbles.
I counted three today for Dalton, specially the one in the endzone that the viking defender still kicking himself....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Same. And yeah Gallup missed a couple of expect him to grab. On the flip side, Amari made a few difficult catches.

Cooper had a good road game. I wonder if his critics will give him credit for that. It's been a tough year with playing four QBs and the offensive line woes and he's still got a great chance at finishing with a 1,000-yard season.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Came up lunch but yeah dakmis on a whole other level tbh, and I ain't no dak stan

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
31 points

3 Td passes on the road

:dance::dance::dance:
But I expected this from the beginning from Dalton.

He is a cool cucumber.

Not once did I see him play out of control or look panicked.

And when we fell behind..

he just kept the chains moving and finding the endzone.

He is no player who will succeed one or two weeks and then flatline.

He does reload and let it go.

And have you noticed his accuracy?

The ball is where it needs to be to let the receiver make a play.

Cee Dees TD catch?

OMG.

The catch was spectacular but the throw was a rainbow.

We will revisit this again starting Thursday.

But get ready for some juicer threads on Dak Vs. Dalton vs. Goldie Locks.

I will wait for now..

but I am hearing some far away thunder coming.

Hear it?

Last edited:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
But I expected this from the beginning from Dalton.

He is a cool cucumber.

Not once did I see him play out of control or look panicked.

And when we fell behind..

he just kept the chains moving and finding the endzone.

He is no player who will succeed one or two weeks and then flatline.

He does reload and let it go.

And have you noticed his accuracy?

The ball is where it needs to be to let the receiver make a play.

Cee Dees TD catch?

OMG.

The catch was spectacular but the throw was a rainbow.

We will revisit this again starting Thursday.

But get ready for some juicer threads on Dak Vs. Dalton vs. Goldie Locks.

I will wait for now..

but I am hearing some far away thunder coming.

Hear it?

umm . this is a family forum ...

these love letters are getting too adult ...

:muttley:

nobody

Reaction score
He did great for being the backup QB. He helped the team win. That's his job! Thanks Dalton!