Andy Dalton is a quality QB

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LOL yeah its clear. I'd say mid-season and if we are close to getting eliminated from playoffs. Sort of like Marcus Mariota 2019 sucking, allowing Tannehill to take over. The yelling already started. It will intensify after the 1st interception, every 3 and out and heck even after every incompletion.

Dumbest thing I ever heard. Dak isn't going anywhere and Dalton isn't taking over. Poor guys, will you ever get over Romo retiring because Dak took his job? :lmao2::lmao2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dumbest thing I ever heard. Dak isn't going anywhere and Dalton isn't taking over. Poor guys, will you ever get over Romo retiring because Dak took his job? :lmao2::lmao2:

See? Exhibit 1 - This dude just brought Romo into the convo...with little giggles. And the Dak fans say that the Romo fans are the ones that bring Romo into the convo, when it's the Dak fans. hee-hee hee-hee.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
In my opinion, Andy is a quality QB. I like Dak and I believe he will be a Cowboy for a long time. However, I've been an Andy fan for years. Here's my question, if Dak doesn't sign an extension and struggles a bit early in the season, how long until,
1. The fans start yelling for Dalton?
2. How long until MM or Jerry pull the plug on Dak?
the cowboys have jsut hired a new coaching staff so if the season goes south its not going to be the new head coach that gets the blame

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dak would have to have a complete meltdown to get benched in favor of Dalton, especially considering his salary. He's not a rookie, so once he's benched you're basically saying his career as a Cowboy is over. That's quite a leap from a reported $35M year long-term offer to benching. Frankly, I see no way of it happening on performance alone.

What's more plausible IMO is a scenario where Dak has a season-ending injury and Dalton lights it up in a way when Dak replaced Romo. I'm 100% sure a number of BAD things would have to happen for Andy Dalton to replace Dak and it will be a process of bad, not knee jerk.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
In my opinion, Andy is a quality QB. I like Dak and I believe he will be a Cowboy for a long time. However, I've been an Andy fan for years. Here's my question, if Dak doesn't sign an extension and struggles a bit early in the season, how long until,

As soon as Dak struggles with anything, the fans will yell for Dalton. That doesn't mean they're right though. Look, I'm glad we've got Dalton. He's a huge upgrade over Cooper Rush, and is the best backup this team has had since Kyle Orton (not including Romo backing up Dak). If Dak gets hurt or sick, we've got a very capable guy who can come in and give us the chance to win. I love that. I remember the frustration of guys like Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassell. Dalton's role is to be that good backup who's ready in case for any reason our starter can't play. But it would be just plain stupid to pull Dak the first time he throws a pick or makes a bad throw. Dalton's not going to beat Dak out for the starting position, barring something extraordinary like Dak suddenly starts playing like a free agent rookie QB and totally stinking up the place game after game. That's not happening.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
the cowboys have jsut hired a new coaching staff so if the season goes south its not going to be the new head coach that gets the blame

While this is true, it's not a reach to see C-19 cause ALL new coaching staffs/teams at least a couple of games. Think about, MM was hired in March (?), and here we are mid-July, he's STILL waiting to simply meet all his players, let alone work with them. Lucky for us, the Skins and Giants face the same situation but w/o huge pressure coming from fans/media.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
See? Exhibit 1 - This dude just brought Romo into the convo...with little giggles. And the Dak fans say that the Romo fans are the ones that bring Romo into the convo, when it's the Dak fans. hee-hee hee-hee.

Exhibit 2- Bringing up Romo worked. :lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's plural! Questions........ The point is, if he doesn't sign and it looks like he won't, how long? Stop being a prick for a minute and play along! Salud!!!!

See, now THAT is the kind of response I can respect!!! And because of that, I will definitely play along:

Dalton is less of a long term answer than Dak, even if Dak doesn't resign. Dalton goes in ONLY if Dak gets hurt.

NO sense in putting in Dalton, even if Dak had a bad game or two. What would be the point of that?

Dak will sign long term. No way that Jerry continues to blow this negotiation.

cowboygo

Reaction score
LOL I'm PRO Dak. A scenario exists where Dak gets pulled. Its not gonna happen. He'd have to stink it up. Open your mind a little.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Come on @Ranching,

On Monday you start a thread saying we need more threads .....and then start this.

I love these WELL-KNOWN MEMBERS

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come on @Ranching,

On Monday you start a thread saying we need more threads .....and then start this.

I love these WELL-KNOWN MEMBERS
What is your deal with that? Its nonsensical. Are you under the impression that posters are giving themselves that designation, or ridiculously thinking you are making some kind of point?

It's a designation the website automatically gives to members who reach a certain post count. It means nothing more than that, so what do you think you are accomplishing by reacting to it as you are?