Video: Andy Dalton is putting in some work! Shows some great accuracy as well!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
not sure I understand the question. this is a new line of argument you are throwing in there.....there is a cap. Jerry and the NFL spend within the cap...and QB salaries are what they are today. Cousins making 33M, Wilson the same, and now salaries creeping up to 35M..... and soon, Mahomes going above 40 or 45 (unless he gives a home town discount)……. so Jerry offering 35M contract is not over spending.....over paying....its the market value as set in the NFL market....

Okay...let me see if I can be more clear.

Can we say that Jerry has been criticized for overpaying...being "too loyal"? Draft reaches? Head scratches? Keeping Garrett so long? If we don;t agree with that, then no need to go on.

You said: "you are part of a minority..all the stats, facts and the FACT that they are negotiating a $35 million/year contract says otherwise, and that is from people in football world, who shiet more football knowledge than you and I combined!!!"

So how would referencing a...fairly high? ...contract prove their "football knowledge adeptness? When they have been criticized in the past for excessive contract on players not worth it?

I am not saying he is or isn't. Just trying to put your logic together. I am sure you understand.

bigE79

Reaction score
I am pretty sure he will look good.

Dak is going to be overwhelmed with the pressure an expectations he will be having.

Dalton on the other hand will be getting fitted for ring sizes for NFC Conference Champs and a trial fit of a SB ring with DAKs old team.

Is Dak really that secure to think nobody can beat him out??

Really?

Dak has always got his starting QB positions because of injury to the QB ahead of him. That dates all the way back to HS and Romo in the NFL.

He has never had to win the job. Always luck played a hand for him.

Hmm...
I was just going to post that dubious little fact.

erod

Reaction score
I don't agree with you at all. Based on the position he plays and his production it can definitely be argued that Dak is our best player.
It's an argument that neither of us will win, so lets just enjoy the freedom of having our own opinions.

Dak is fantastically average. Nothing more.

erod

Reaction score
OK. Riddle me this. How many of those playoff games did Dalton win?

How many has Dak won in a much shorter career?

Wow just look at those playoff numbers. 4 loses for 4 games. 1 TD & 6 ints.

That's almost as good as Dak's 7 TDs & 2 picks in 3 game & 1-2 record.

Capture.jpg

Cincinnati.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Those other players aren't asking for +$35mil a year.

Dak was getting paid 1 million a year for 4 years. Where were you then? Still B#tching and moaning about Dak.

Sorry, but your new agenda is a fraud just like the last one.

erod

Reaction score
by what metric? lemme guess, eye test?

You're about to pay a guy $35 million a year who isn't as good as Dalton.

Dalton would get $7 million if he was starting here.

On the open market, Dak couldn't get anywhere near $35 million. He's not particularly respected by his peers.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
FYI, everyone. there is a way to measure this, instead of taking unsupported claims. It's called DVOA:

The other statistic given is DVOA, or Defense-adjusted Value Over Average. This number represents value, per play, over an average quarterback in the same game situations. The more positive the DVOA rating, the better the player's performance. Negative DVOA represents below-average offense. DVOA (and its cousin, VOA, which isn't adjusted based on opponent) is further explained here.

Capture.jpg

Dak is fantastically average. Nothing more.