Video: Andy Dalton is putting in some work! Shows some great accuracy as well!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
People are absolutely getting tired of it. I agree. I am somebody who likes Dak a lot and believes in him. (Cowboys fan first and foremost though).

and even though I personally believe in Dak as a player. I am tired of all the contract stuff. So if you’re somebody who doesn’t believe in him. Or isn’t sure what you think of him. Then yeah. I’m sure it’s even more tiresome.

I actually see it as an issue for Dak and CAA in that, a lot of what is driving this is popular public opinion. At some point, pressure will be there to get this done and support to move on will replace support for "pay the man" opinion. That's kinda what I see here. I don't know, from the perspective of the numbers etc., I know that that is more of an internal negotiation but if Dak loses the support of the fan base, then it becomes real easy to just let this thing go on the Tag and plan to run with Dalton. I don't see that as a positive for the Dak/CAA team. Now, that's just my opinion on things but I kinda think that this is where things are headed.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not really an opinion.

I remember the same convo's about Zeke and Tank right before they got their deals.

The FO & coaches are going to do what they think is best. Always have, always will.

Trust if fan opinion mattered we would have fired Garrett a long time ago.

Neither Zeke, nor Tank got the deals they wanted. Neither are represented by CAA. CAA is not the same sort of agency. I think it could be a mistake to simply think that Zeke did it like this, Lawrence did it like this, Dak will to, so to speak.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dat's da Bunny.
Possibly the best B/U QB in the NFL, I'm thrilled We've got Him.
But if He's Your starter, You're not winning anything.
Don't be so quick to pull that trigger, my Limey friend. I don't think he's ever had the offense around him that we can give him, and he did pretty well in Cincy.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I actually see it as an issue for Dak and CAA in that, a lot of what is driving this is popular public opinion. At some point, pressure will be there to get this done and support to move on will replace support for "pay the man" opinion. That's kinda what I see here. I don't know, from the perspective of the numbers etc., I know that that is more of an internal negotiation but if Dak loses the support of the fan base, then it becomes real easy to just let this thing go on the Tag and plan to run with Dalton. I don't see that as a positive for the Dak/CAA team. Now, that's just my opinion on things but I kinda think that this is where things are headed.

I hear what you’re saying. It’s definitely the tight rope that Dak and his agents are walking. To get paid the most amount of money possible without turning fan support against him. It’s frustrating as a fan. But on the other end kind of fascinating to see how it will all work out in the end.

nobody

Reaction score
It's not anything to worry about yet. They'll get a contract done or they won't. If Dak insists on too much he'll play under the tag and everyone will reevaluate from there....and he can hope he doesn't get a nasty injury during that playing under the tag. Either way, it's going to be interesting to see his play not hampered by Garrett's system.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I hear what you’re saying. It’s definitely the tight rope that Dak and his agents are walking. To get paid the most amount of money possible without turning fan support against him. It’s frustrating as a fan. But on the other end kind of fascinating to see how it will all work out in the end.

It is. I'd guess that the team will just ride with exclusive and perhaps change designation to None Exclusive next year, if nothing is worked out. IDK, it's kind of crazy to see where this has gone to me. I guess we'll see come July 15th right?

HungryLion

Reaction score
It is. I'd guess that the team will just ride with exclusive and perhaps change designation to None Exclusive next year, if nothing is worked out. IDK, it's kind of crazy to see where this has gone to me. I guess we'll see come July 15th right?

I personally would prefer they come to a
Deal because I personally believe in Dak. But even Moreso I don’t want to go through another season and off season all worrying about his contract.

But you’re right. We will know a lot more by July 15.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I am loving watching that.

He's my QB.

Dak can piss up a rope.

All Dalton has to do now is show up to camp wearing a ten gallon and you Texas boys will swoon.

I live in Ohio. Where has Dalton been playing the last several years? He came cheap for reasons.

But I was impressed with his basement box jumps, and his kids are cute.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak has issues with pinpoint accuracy, always has. He can get the ball to the WR so statistically it is catchable, but the WR has to make an adjustment or just a great catch to actually bring it in. There is a difference between catchable and easily catchable.
There is also Dak's career passer rating that says you're a damn liar. Nothing you say can explain it away. Not even the "garbage time theory". Other QBs get their garbage time stats figured into their career passer rating too so it's not like Dak's garbage time stats are really giving him an advantage in how the career passer rating is calculated.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
All Dalton has to do now is show up to camp wearing a ten gallon and you Texas boys will swoon.

I live in Ohio. Where has Dalton been playing the last several years? He came cheap for reasons.

Please be kinder to the Texans that post here. We don't all swoon at the sight of a ten gallon, FYI.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
It's not anything to worry about yet. They'll get a contract done or they won't. If Dak insists on too much he'll play under the tag and everyone will reevaluate from there....and he can hope he doesn't get a nasty injury during that playing under the tag. Either way, it's going to be interesting to see his play not hampered by Garrett's system.
Never knew he had one. :laugh:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

For sure.

But let 's put blame on his problems..

Coaching was medival and he had no other talent except a WR.

Plus he had to play in the AFC with Manning, then Mahomes and Brady.

Good luck advancing with Girl Scout Troop B as your team.

johneric8

Reaction score
Oh my gawd.

Dak is the 8th best player we have on offense.

I don't agree with you at all. Based on the position he plays and his production it can definitely be argued that Dak is our best player.
It's an argument that neither of us will win, so lets just enjoy the freedom of having our own opinions.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Or pay 5 and add the 30 mil in FAs to our defense . Dalton has given this team an option to add talent and not suffer at the QB position
If only games were played on someones lawn, then Dalton would be a real option

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
If Dak get his wish and makes 40 million/year and doesn't live up to it, he'll lose more in endorecements per year than the extra 5-10 million in salary.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
P
I've watched Dalton for a long time. I agree, he can't push the ball throw wind etc., like Dak can. If you watch Dalton, his numbers fall off as the weather turns because of this IMO. But he's a lot more accurate, in terms of just hitting the easy, open target IMO. As I watched that clip of Dalton making throws into the net, I just keep thinking about Dak doing that challenge against Carr, I think it was, where car was hitting stationary targets and Dak was missing. IDK, it's hard to figure out why Dak's accuracy just leaves at times.
Precisely.

I posted a thread asking for comment from the peanut gallery.

Amazing how many people never answer the question but went off on Garrett, the assistant coaches and Jerrah.

The same old fall guys.

People will not think sometimes.

They just recite something they saw over on Si,com by Peter King.

Weird..