Video: Andy Dalton is putting in some work! Shows some great accuracy as well!

HungryLion

Reaction score
You think Dak’s critics are “lying” or “seeing things” when they mention accuracy issues?

I never said either one of those things. So I don’t know why you put them in quotation marks. Dak’s accuracy isn’t perfect. He does miss some Throws
And has a few particular routes that he is weak at throwing (fades and drag routes come immediately to mind). Him throwing behind receivers on the underneath drag routes pisses me off every time it happens to be honest.

That being said his accuracy issues are overstated by some and he is by basically every objective measure, more accurate than Andy Dalton at just about every level of the field.

We all as cowboys fans see every cowboys game. So we see every missed throw and nitpick them.

I’m just saying most people probably have seen Andy Dalton play like 2 games a season or so, for years. Because how often does anyone watch the Bengals play? If people did watch all 16 games. I guarantee they would also see a lot of missed throws. Just like you do with just about every other QB except the most accurate ones.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
First off I love Dak he is my favorite player on the team but I cant control whats in his head or make him sign and play for what he believes is unfair

Second I love the Cowboys more than Dak and if he wont play for whatever reason Andy will start and play for 3 million + the incentives that could take his pay to a max of 7 mil .

Improving the team is what I care about most and Andy Dalton along with 30 mil to spend on Defense makes us a better team than if we pay Dak 36 mil So we bought a great Insurance policy that makes us even better this year in the event dak and the team cant come to terms .

Its really that simple Andy will honor his Contract and start for 3mil if necessary
Has nothing to do with whether or not you love Dak. Dalton is not signing again or 3 million. He signed that as backup. If he thought he was coming here to start he would've signed for more. The plan is for him to get a much bigger deal next season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have no doubt when the season starts that Dak will be behind center. Having said that, I think Andy will surprise some if given the chance. When he's had good people around him, he's been pretty good. And he's never been surrounded by this amount of talent.

I for one would love to see how he plays under pressure with this offense. You could be right, but I think he would do quite well.
I don't think Dalton is a bad quarterback. I just don't think he gets better with talent. I know that sounds crazy but look at Baker Mayfield for instance. Great supporting cast but he didn't look any better than he did his rookie year. RYAN FITZPATRICK is the same way. Dalton isn't bad by any means but he's not going to turn into a top 10 quarterback based on talent around him. He's always going to be Andy Dalton.

nobody

Reaction score
I think we now have a reliable, solid backup that will pick up the slack if Dak goes down...it's no longer such a concern. If it comes down to he, hopefully he challenges Dak to improve. There's no downside here.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He looks like he is working his rear off and looks fabulous! This really ought to bring out the best in my favorite player Dak Prescott! Watch around the 2:30 minute mark if you get bored easily.. His kids are really cute as they throw him footballs in between his reps..

Dalton is going is going to take us to the championship if you listen to the trolls.

QB Guru's all of them. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Against those powerhouse teams like the Giants, Commanders, and Dolphins?

You mean that stretch where Dak won 11 games in a row? Or the stretch at the end of the season going 7-1 to get us in the playoffs? Then he beat the Seahawks in the playoffs?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dalton has a stronger and more accurate arm than Dak. That's not debatable. However, Dak has better field vision, more mobility, can make plays when things breakdown, amongst other intangibles that are hard to teach.

You are no QB guru...……….THAT is not debatable. :muttley:

Daltons average completion percentage is 62% while Dak averages 67%. Most yards he ever threw for was 4300 yards while Dak threw for 4900 last season.

Any other dumb comments you need me to debunk?

Last edited:

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Dalton has a good arm and he's accurate. Probably the best backup in the league right now. And I'm sure mentally he's super focused because he basically went from franchise starter to journeyman backup over the course of a few years. But he'll be 33 this year, that gives him like a 2 year window in the NFL (maybe longer a backup) and you want to move on from your franchise QB? Cmon.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
You mean that stretch where Dak won 11 games in a row? Or the stretch at the end of the season going 7-1 to get us in the playoffs? Then he beat the Seahawks in the playoffs?
We're talking about what he did this past season friend. You know, where we lost to the Eagles and didn't make the play-offs. Where was "injured" yet remarkably fully healed the next week against another basement dwelling team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We're talking about what he did this past season friend. You know, where we lost to the Eagles and didn't make the play-offs. Where was "injured" yet remarkably fully healed the next week against another basement dwelling team.

What about the Rams game the week before? Were they a bottom dweller too?

Of course you want to cherry pick because you have no case.

The entire team didn't show up for that game. I don't hear you talking about anyone else. Your agenda is showing.

No defending Dak or any of them. And certainly no defending a HC that had none of his players ready.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm really glad you're not the GM since no other team came close to offering Dalton such a number. Unlike Dak, we actually saw AD's market this year.

lol you guys are so sensitive.. It was a joke.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak finishes 2019 as one of the NFL's most accurate passers, as accounted for in multiple statistical databases:

*fans blow it off*

Dalton tosses a few into a net in his back yard:

*OMG, such accuracy!*

I'm not crazy about paying $35 million for any QB, but the narratives of this place have rendered any sort of objective analysis virtually obsolete. :muttley:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I apologize to jump in here on this but after reading your post I must say that your reasoning is flawed. Dak’s contract has nothing to do with your ticket prices, the salary cap does. If Dak gets 20 mil then the other 10/20 mil goes into other positions. The money is spent either way.
Yes.

I understand that.

But there is an inverse relationship b/w cost and profit..

The Cowboys are a financial cash register. Money in Mony out..balance the drawer at the end of the day.

If sales are up, increase prices for more profit. If sales are down, you discount and increase sales.

With this illness issue, the NFL product is losing money big time. If games are played, it will probably with half empty stadiums or no fans at all.

So no cash receipts are coming, vendors are closed at the concessions, the teams lose another income stream.

All different parts of the cash register. So owners will have to get that back. I guarantee this.

So when I say prices will increase for tickets it is not tied to the cap directly. But the cost for salaries is born by the team as a cost of doing business.

If those costs continue to increase..use your innate accounting brain and know YOU and I will pay for this. Your cable bill is going to increase to increase revenue. And your cellphone bill will, etc.

This is the undiscussed truth of what is coming.

That is my concern as a paying fan.

Not everybody sees all this as they just watch TV and read their tablets and phones in order to be fans. That's normal.

But thank goodness the cash customers can and will step up regardless if they can.

As I have gotten older, my family has changed how we handle it. My nephew is a ticket broker in Dallas and he brokers our tickets out.

We just go to the lesser games and sell Thanksgiving and late season games for a profit. We will get $500 per seat or $2000 for that game. Same for other sold out games.

We only buy the package at cost. All together with parking, etc is about $1000 a seat. We sell them for twice or more. We go free plus a profit.

Now this has taken years to do.

But when I say Cost..it's a different animal than most here understand.

Done. Understand me?

Savey?

:thumbup: