Andy Reid Demoted from GM Duties in Philly

Tobal

Reaction score
If Andy wasn't so damn stubborn he'd be one of the best coaches around.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Nors said:
thats a lame move -

Philly in free fall
Wow, can't disagree with you Nors, Reid's ego is almost as big as his frame, this is bound to cause some serious friction. Looks like one off-season soap opera ends and another begins for the Eagles.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Wow, can't disagree with you Nors, Reid's ego is almost as big as his frame, this is bound to cause some serious friction. Looks like one off-season soap opera ends and another begins for the Eagles.

and it all started with TO.

Just say "NO" to TO.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
and it all started with TO.

Just say "NO" to TO.

No way Parcells signs TO. Now if he wasnt here...................... :D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC said:
No way Parcells signs TO. Now if he wasnt here...................... :D

Hey...if that's the only thing that keeps TO out of a Cowboy uniform, then I'm a Parcells fanatic! :D

kdog

Reaction score
why the T.O. no way rants! Less i remind you of parcells man love for the coak induced LT.

If you think T.O. is not a playmaker then you are doing the cowboys a diservice! T.O. is now on a short leash he is aware teams will pull the plug on him and i bet he will not make waves. I've said this before with T.O. on this team we will be a force to reckon with.

DC will be pulling their hair out trying to game plan for T.O. and our improved oline and strong running game will give teams fits!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
kdog said:
why the T.O. no way rants! Less i remind you of parcells man love for the coak induced LT.

If you think T.O. is not a playmaker then you are doing the cowboys a diservice! T.O. is now on a short leash he is aware teams will pull the plug on him and i bet he will not make waves. I've said this before with T.O. on this team we will be a force to reckon with.

DC will be pulling their hair out trying to game plan for T.O. and our improved oline and strong running game will give teams fits!

...and what is your plan for TO when Parcells retires?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
kdog said:

T.O was on a short leash in Philly also. He managed to pull the team apart before he could be shown the door. We need more than T.O any ways. Bledsoe wont hit T.O. either from his back.

kdog

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
...and what is your plan for TO when Parcells retires?

The writing is on the wall for T.O., he will for ever be seen as a troubled player and no team will give him a contract w/o a conduct clause! We don't give him a long contract and make it incentive laden. Eases the cap hit if we need to boot his@**!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC said:
T.O was on a short leash in Philly also. He managed to pull the team apart before he could be shown the door. We need more than T.O any ways. Bledsoe wont hit T.O. either from his back.
It wasn't a very good spot for him. He joined an organization which is very anti-player, a team with very weak leadership. This situation is different. BP's persona overshadows the players here. Jerry is well liked by the players, and he's dealt with TO's kind before. They have an infrastructure in place to deal with problem players.

But most of all, as the previous poster said, this is truly TO's last shot. If he blows this one, no one will take a chance on him. The initial contract is likely to be very favorable, as will be his attitude.

What I can't vouch for is the attitude of the fans. Can we get past what he did to the star in 2000? I'm not sure that I can. We might just have to view him as a pure mercenary. My brain will edit the star from his helmet in real time. :)

kdog

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC said:

We will address the oline through FA and the draft! Coming to dallas or any team T.O. knows teams will have the upperhand. THis guy blew a $49 million dollar contract. He is now dearly afraid because teams will always have that conduct clause! And we all know T.O. is all about the MONEY!!!!

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
kdog said:
We will address the oline through FA and the draft! Coming to dallas or any team T.O. knows teams will have the upperhand. THis guy blew a $49 million dollar contract. He is now dearly afraid because teams will always have that conduct clause! And we all know T.O. is all about the MONEY!!!!

If T.O. had any smarts at all he would have fired D.R the minute he was suspended from Philly. That alone would have gained some respect around the legue and probably some fans.
T.O. is convinced he has done nothing wrong, thats not a mentaly stable human being. Dont be so sure T.O. wouldnt see it as a challenge of nerves between himself and Parcells.

Hes a few apples short of a bushell.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
What I originally read it was Reid who Gave him the GM job to keep him in Philly. I think it was a move by Andy not Laurie....

kdog

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC said:
If T.O. had any smarts at all he would have fired D.R the minute he was suspended from Philly. That alone would have gained some respect around the legue and probably some fans.
T.O. is convinced he has done nothing wrong, thats not a mentaly stable human being. Dont be so sure T.O. wouldnt see it as a challenge of nerves between himself and Parcells.

Hes a few apples short of a bushell.

I agree, However if T.O. burns anymore bridges he will be persona Non-grada around the league. HOwever think of the great possibilities with this guy in our imrpoved line up next year!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Tobal said:
If Andy wasn't so damn stubborn he'd be one of the best coaches around.

yea, we'd NEVER have a stubborn coach here in dallas. : )

dcjules

Reaction score
The article says nothing about Reid being demoted, to me it says that that Eagles gave up more cash and a title to keep the guy....