Anonymous Agent Rips Jerry: I Don't Think They Want To Win Above All

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-nfl-agent-i-think-the-game-has-passed-him-by

In an survey of player agents about the state of the NFL conducted by The Athletic's Ben Standig, one agent speaking about Jones believes "the game has passed him by."

"I don't think they want to win above all," the agent said when ranking the Cowboys as the most unstable franchise in the league. "Jerry (Jones) wants to turn profits and make headlines.”

Sheepherder

Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-nfl-agent-i-think-the-game-has-passed-him-by

In an survey of player agents about the state of the NFL conducted by The Athletic's Ben Standig, one agent speaking about Jones believes "the game has passed him by."

"I don't think they want to win above all," the agent said when ranking the Cowboys as the most unstable franchise in the league. "Jerry (Jones) wants to turn profits and make headlines.”
MountaineerCowboy, I bet you, me and the majority of the fans have very been aware of this for years. What the hell took all these others so long to finally come that that conclusion? It ain't rocket science.

fivetwos

Reaction score
For all there is to be said about Jerry, he IS indeed pushing 82 years old, and there’s a reason people generally no longer work at that age.

Yet recently he told us that no one could be better than him. This is supposed to encourage me as a fan moving ahead?

Jarntt

Reaction score

While I totally agree with the spirit comment (although I'm more on the side of Jerry is a "never was" than a "has been", I don't listen to anything agents say. They base their thoughts on how their clients are treated. Maybe we don't want to sign your client?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry has a hobby. It's his toy, and nobody else is going to play with it.

He is not putting profit above wins. He wants to play GM. It's not about money.
…..and be a celebrity.

At this point it seems to be morphing into more of a ‘I may not be able to build a winner, but I’m the boss and that’s that….and we are first in ratings and ticket renewals.’

I’ll give Jerry his ever sought after credit for one thing…..basically spitting in fans faces and making them ask for more.

morat1959

Reaction score
I'll take 9 wins during the season with better playoff success
It may take 2-3 sub .500 seasons but at least we’d have hope that there’s a rebuild in process not status quo…just stay relevant. I just want something to give me hope. I see nothing but a franchise QB that can turn it around. We need a difference maker at the most important position on the field. ATTEMPT to get one…please!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It may take 2-3 sub .500 seasons but at least we’d have hope that there’s a rebuild in process not status quo…just stay relevant. I just want something to give me hope. I see nothing but a franchise QB that can turn it around. We need a difference maker at the most important position on the field. ATTEMPT to get one…please!
We're too busy at the moment flexing our tough guy stance knowing they really want to keep Dak to avoid finding someone new. It would be great to have a new difference maker at the position one that we know in times of need is going to get it done, and that's in the BIGGEST of games!!