Anonymous Agent Rips Jerry: I Don't Think They Want To Win Above All

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They all want to make money first.

There is not a single owner in sports who wants to lose money to win Championships. Clark Hunt was one of the driving forces in allowing private equity to invest in NFL teams even though the Chiefs are the most successful on-field product in the league.
There you go. That is JJ to the tee. He could care less about a SB and if/when he extends Dak, that will prove it. He just wants money, and Dak's fans want Dak to take it all.

Cowboys on three! 1..2...ah, screw it.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Well of course the actual game has passed him by. But considering all of that this team has won 36 games in 3 seasons. Someone is doing okay over there.
You're not wrong. They're definitely doing something right to be a consistent playoff contender.

But it feels like they're happy with that.

The Eagles are not afraid to say "we'll swing for the fences now, and worry about being miserable later" because that's what you have to do to make deep post season runs.

Feels like the Jones family is trying to avoid the misery at the expense of having a legit shot at the Lombardi.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-nfl-agent-i-think-the-game-has-passed-him-by

In an survey of player agents about the state of the NFL conducted by The Athletic's Ben Standig, one agent speaking about Jones believes "the game has passed him by."

"I don't think they want to win above all," the agent said when ranking the Cowboys as the most unstable franchise in the league. "Jerry (Jones) wants to turn profits and make headlines.”
I 100% agree with this agent. no, correction. I 1000000% agreee with this agent.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
There you go. That is JJ to the tee. He could care less about a SB and if/when he extends Dak, that will prove it. He just wants money, and Dak's fans want Dak to take it all.

Cowboys on three! 1..2...ah, screw it.
This is stupid.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-nfl-agent-i-think-the-game-has-passed-him-by

In an survey of player agents about the state of the NFL conducted by The Athletic's Ben Standig, one agent speaking about Jones believes "the game has passed him by."

"I don't think they want to win above all," the agent said when ranking the Cowboys as the most unstable franchise in the league. "Jerry (Jones) wants to turn profits and make headlines.”
It's amazing the amount of heat JJ takes on how he runs HIS organization, since this organization is with worth the most money in all of sports in this country. He's laughing all the way to the bank.......................

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think the difference is that most pro sports team's financial success is more dependent on winning
You make a good point. Staying relevant like JJ wants does bring him money, but you have to spend money the right way to make a good team and making a good team that will win a SB will bring in tons more money than just staying pat.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No thank you.

You decided to bash Dak and people who think he should be getting a contract for no reason. It was stupid, pointless drivel.
Oh, did I hurt your feeling because I mentioned your hero, the Dak?

Get lost...go find a job.

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
Man that anonymous agent is going out on a limb with that statement. It's all about the money for Jerry. He needs to hire a real GM and just worry about signing the cheques

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
We all know this and have for years. But what I don't like these anonymous sources. If you're going to say something like this about Jerry or anyone else, have the gonads to go on record. Journalism has gone to crap in this country. There have been so many instances where these journalists cite anonymous sources when all they did is make something up.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Oh, did I hurt your feeling because I mentioned your hero, the Dak?

Get lost...go find a job.
No. But the fact that you tried makes you stupid. It is what it is.

I'm good enough at my job that I can take 30 seconds to call you dumb while I work.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
We all know this and have for years. But what I don't like these anonymous sources. If you're going to say something like this about Jerry or anyone else, have the gonads to go on record. Journalism has gone to crap in this country. There have been so many instances where these journalists cite anonymous sources when all they did is make something up.
Yes I totally agree, but I want everyone to be this way too players also. We often hear players talk about their former team once they're off that team, if you have issue while on the team, don't be afraid voice them to the media or whatever

phildadon86

Reaction score

Been saying it for years.

The problem isnt on the field. Its above it. In the owners suite.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Not really.

MLB, NHL, and NBA teams all tank constantly and NFL revenue (TV money) is split evenly among the 32 teams I believe.
True.

I think my comment was overly simplistic.

The majority of revenue is shared in the NFL, and there are several other factors that can limit a team's revenue.

But team performance does factor into revenue.

An overly simplistic example: If you're team consistently sucks, it's hard to raise ticket prices.