Another bad decision by the team

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
No, I do have a take. Which is that your post was incredibly ignorant.

One, do you know that the entire league is going to them? The NFL signed the deal with MS last year. So how is this a colossal Cowboys mistake?

And two, comparing the Surface to a Pinto is ridiculous. I'm no MS fanboy and don't even own a tablet, but you obviously don't know anything about them.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No, I do have a take. Which is that your post was incredibly ignorant.

One, do you know that the entire league is going to them? The NFL signed the deal with MS last year. So how is this a colossal Cowboys mistake?

And two, comparing the Surface to a Pinto is ridiculous. I'm no MS fanboy and don't even own a tablet, but you obviously don't know anything about them.

No, you're ignorant. What does it matter that the whole NFL is going to it? My take stands. I'm an IT professional so I know ALL about them.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, you're ignorant. What does it matter that the whole NFL is going to it? My take stands. I'm an IT professional so I know ALL about them.
Waitasec, AB.

You're an IT professional. If your professional opinion is that the tablets are faulty, wouldn't that mean the NFL erred in adopting them as a consequence? Following your logic, wouldn't CL be justified in applying blame to the entire league instead of only to our franchise? What am I missing?

mmohican29

Reaction score
Waitasec, AB.

You're an IT professional. If your professional opinion is that the tablets are faulty, wouldn't that mean the NFL erred in adopting them as a consequence? Following your logic, wouldn't CL be justified in applying blame to the entire league instead of only to our franchise? What am I missing?

I'm picturing the "shoot me now/shoot me when you get home" daffy duck cartoon where daffy stubbornly gets his face blown off about 9 times.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
You got owned badly on this one.

Uhhh...no.

Your take was that the Cowboys made this mistake. The Cowboys were not given a choice as this is what the league signed and there for they all have to go to it.

So if your take had only been that these things were bad (And I'll take your word on that as an IT professional as I've never used these things) then yes your take would stand be correct. But due to the fact that your entire point was this was a mistake by the Cowboys organization to move a terrible product makes your take not stand.

Cause, you know, the NFL made this move league wide. This isn't a Cowboys management mistake.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Waitasec, AB.

I wasn't aware that this was an NFL decision.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wasn't aware that this was an NFL decision.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...rike-deal-to-enhance-fans-tv-viewing-of-games

NFL, Microsoft strike deal to enhance fans' TV viewing of games
  • Associated Press
  • Published: May 21, 2013 at 02:40 p.m.
  • Updated: May 21, 2013 at 11:21 p.m.
(Relevant excerpts)

Imagine Sean Payton holding up a Surface tablet instead of a cardboard playsheet on the sideline.
The NFL and Microsoft, through its next generation Xbox device, are combining to upgrade interactive TV viewing of pro football games in a multiyear agreement announced Tuesday. The next step after that, perhaps as early as 2014, will be bringing technology to the sidelines on tablets.
Branding of Microsoft products on the hoods of the referee's on-field instant replay station and other sideline areas will begin this season. In coming years, coaches or coordinators figure to have Surface tablets to aid in-game planning and for play calling.
Signing a five-year deal also gives the NFL some flexibility as technological advances make even more improvements possible.

Marc Ganis, the president of SportsCorp, which does consulting work with the NFL: "The tablets are a huge deal. For a league that prides itself about being at the forefront of technology, having Peyton Manning look at Polaroids isn't exactly cutting edge. Having him look at a tablet is."