Another Boo-Boo by Emmit on ESPN 2 minutes ago

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1762906 said:
Giants Fan??

i know that TwoDeep banned you from his site, Giants fan and although he and I dont get along all that well I trust him more than you. Considering what they tolerate over there that is saying something.

You come over here and dont in any way shape or form indicate that youre a Giants fan. I look at posters like Wimbo or EagleTalon or SinsGibbs or Tom and they dont come over here making threads that denigrate our team and the make it readily apparent that they are fans from other teams. Youll note that our mods are very welcoming to everyone.

But you, ever since TwoDeep banned you, come over here and start a thread or two a week criticizing one of our players or questioning our signings or generally talking smack and Im telling you that i dont appreciate it and i wish you would stop.

Its disrespectful and disingenuous. I think youll find here that were a cool bunch of peeps and will treat you with respect regardless of what team you play for but youre little disingenuous act is lame.

Here is what Two Deep describes you as:

TwoDeep3;1698326 said:
I cannot begin to tell you how happy it makes me that this poster no longer posts on my board.

I feel bad for you guys. Tjis is a rash that is difficult to get rid of.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1762963 said:
i know that TwoDeep banned you from his site, Giants fan and although he and I dont get along all that well I trust him more than you. Considering what they tolerate over there that is saying something.

You come over here and dont in any way shape or form indicate that youre a Giants fan. I look at posters like Wimbo or EagleTalon or SinsGibbs or Tom and they dont come over here making threads that denigrate our team and the make it readily apparent that they are fans from other teams. Youll note that our mods are very welcoming to everyone.

But you, ever since TwoDeep banned you, come over here and start a thread or two a week criticizing one of our players or questioning our signings or generally talking smack and Im telling you that i dont appreciate it and i wish you would stop.

Its disrespectful and disingenuous. I think youll find here that were a cool bunch of peeps and will treat you with respect regardless of what team you play for but youre little disingenuous act is lame.

Here is what Two Deep describes you as:

So because Emmitt Smith was a Cowboy I'm not supposed to point out he has no skills in as a ESPN Analyst??

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1762975 said:
So because Emmitt Smith was a Cowboy I'm not supposed to point out he has no skills in as a ESPN Analyst??

No Im saying that when you come in here trying to seem neutral and really are a Giants fan and then proceed to lie about it that makes it look like you have something to hide and are up to no good.

Starting posts making fun of our players or describing how the Patriots are going to beat us by 30 or how we dont manage our FA signings well is really really suspect considering the above.

Youre trying to troll. Youre trying to get us down on our team and Im telling you that the way you go about it is deceitful and i for one do not appreciate it. This is not James Bond and youre little subversion campaign is lame.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1762988 said:
No Im saying that when you come in here trying to seem neutral and really are a Giants fan and then proceed to lie about it that makes it look like you have something to hide and are up to no good.

Starting posts making fun of our players or describing how the Patriots are going to beat us by 30 or how we dont manage our FA signings well is really really suspect considering the above.

Youre trying to troll. Youre trying to get us down on our team and Im telling you that the way you go about it is deceitful and i for one do not appreciate it. This is not James Bond and youre little subversion campaign is lame.

Kudos... I knew something stunk.

GoBigD

Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1762975 said:

what position do you hold that makes you an expert on this matter?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Danny White;1763010 said:
Kudos... I knew something stunk.

He does this is revealed for what he is, disappears for a bit, then comes back a bit later with the same old strategy. Its not liek this board has a bias against Giants fans. Hostile tries to get Tom to post over here more often.

I just dont understand why someone would get off to or even want to do something like he does.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1762954 said:
NO Cowboys fan, EVER, Anywhere, spells Emmitt's name wrong. If you are in fact a Cowboys fan, you #1 should be ashamed, #2 you should be shot, #3 you should be left for the dogs to eat.

Your the 2nd poster to point this out and he still ducks it.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1762988 said:

Well I thought it made more sense to sign Romo after thanksgiving but he has proven he is worth the money so I guess I was wrong. But I still think Emmitt needs to leave ESPN

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
GoBigD;1763021 said:
what position do you hold that makes you an expert on this matter?

Being able to hear what Emmitt is saying and having 20/20 vision to see he still is not comfortable on camera

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Actually, he's half-right with the spelling. Emmitt Smith was born Emmit (one t) James Smith III and it's spelled that way on his birth certificate. I read somewhere that when he was in college he started spelling his name that way. His father and grandfather are both Emmit Smith so that was a way for him to be different.

NY Times - 12/31/2006

WHY IS YOUR GIVEN NAME SPELLED WITH TWO T’S? My father is Emmit and my grandfather is Emmit, but I wanted something extra so I could separate my Emmitt from the rest of them. Even though on my birth certificate it has one T, I just added the extra T for me.

More

Sometime in Emmit Smith's academic career, he received a paper with his name spelled "Emmitt" (notice the two T's). Emmit liked it, however, and decided to start spelling his name the same way. Thus was born, the new Emmitt Smith. His father is Emmit Smith II and as a child, to avoid confusion, he was nicknamed "Scoey."

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
zrinkill;1763463 said:
Why is this troll so obsessed with Emmitt?​

Because I never seen anyone that bad on TV before and It can just be me becauwe ESPN received calls to fire Emmitt and the executive producer had to defend him and say-"he is not that bad"

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
SportsAnalyzer;1763500 said:
Because I never seen anyone that bad on TV before and It can just be me becauwe ESPN received calls to fire Emmitt and the executive producer had to defend him and say-"he is not that bad"

That explains your obsession?

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1763500 said:
If you think he is that bad, then don't watch, it's not that hard.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1763512 said:
If you think he is that bad, then don't watch, it's not that hard.

I just don't tune in to see him, I been watching NFL Countdown for years and not going to stop just because he has a stuttering problem. It's just something to laugh at now

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1763517 said:
I just don't like to see people stealing money and that's what he is doing every single sunday on ESPN
Who the hell are you to say some one should or should not work? ESPN knew what they were getting and they will make decision to keep or get rid of him.

I don't think idiots should be allowed to post here but it isn't my call.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
END OF ROAD FOR EMMITT?

In what hardly can be described as an earth-shattering scoop, there's a feeling in Bristol that ESPN will not include Emmitt Smith in its 2008 NFL coverage.

But, as one source with knowledge of the situation told us, the folks at ESPN/ABC/Disney will have to eat a lot of cash for the privilege of not having Emmitt on the air. That's because Smith apparently has a multi-year deal, under which he'll undoubtedly be entitled to ongoing payments for the term of the contract if he is fired without cause.

Though we haven't seen the contract, there's a chance that ESPN could try to sever ties on a for-cause basis, if a plausible argument can be made that Emmitt failed in some way to live up to his end of the bargain. If, for example, the arrangement requires Emmitt to engage in a certain amount of show preparation or to otherwise provide a competent and capable work product, the network could assert that Smith breached the contract.

And if they take that tack, there will be plenty of supporting evidence.

Most recently, Emmitt mangled the name of the guy who "blowed out" the knee of Adrian Peterson, which suggests that Emmitt did little or nothing to prepare for the part of the 17-hour Monday night pregame festivities during which he was called upon to comment on the Peterson injury. (Emmitt also offered up one of his patented tortured phrases when discussing the NFC West after the game -- the quote is near the bottom of our Live Blog of the game.)

But ESPN would also have to take into account the potential P.R. impact of baiting the NFL's all-time leading rusher into litigation. In the end, the smart move would likely be to park him on the sidelines, like ESPN did with Joey Sunshine, and eventually work out a buyout for less than the value of the remainder of the deal.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'd love to watch an entire pregame segment with just Emmitt and Neil Smith.

Just those 2, doing analysis of every single game.