Video: Another D Woodson hit

RonWashington

Reaction score
It is a absolute disgraced that Brain Dawkins is in the Hall of Fame and Darren Woodson can't even get pass the semifinals of voting. It's a freaking joke.

Brian Dawkins was a fine player I can see him in the HOF but a head scratcher to me is Cliff Harris same team different generation makes HOF then here comes Woody 20 years later just a superb career helped win SB’s ( multiple ) and he’s not in ?

Ah if these two gentlemen were on the same club Cliff would be substituting in to give Woody a breather, and yes I saw Cliff play .

JustChip

Reaction score
The nice thing about that clip is Woody just got up, no dancing or other grandiose “look at me” celebration.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Woodson was such a great player. That defense with Woodson, Williams, Newsome, Glover, Ellis, Coakley, and Nguyen was littered with talent at each level. It seemed though after Woodson's departure a lot fell apart, we were switching schemes and moving on from a lot of players over the next couple of years. Parcells rebuilt a lot of components over the next few years, Ware was drafted and 6 or 7 years later the D looked really strong again.

These windows are so small to bring everything together.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I think it was in the secondary Cowboy hit the Charger text book shoulder pad not helmet and yup here comes the yellow flag “ personal foul unnecessary roughness “ …..forgot which Cowboy it was , a brutal call.
I believe what happened was the receiver (was it Ekeler?) had started going down and Diggs shoulder pad made contact with his head. Had he remained upright it would've just been a tackle but there's no way for you to adjust at that point. They need to only be throwing flags like that on blatant hits to the head. Doesn't college have a targeting penalty or something like that?

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Spearing? Launching?

My intent was a sarcastic response to the NFL's continously changing rules that seem to punish any physical contact that has more force than a hug when it is made be a defensive player.

Getting into the weeds on this, I suspect targeting might be considered as the infraction because the last angle of the replay seems to indicate Woodson lowered his head at the very last second and hit him with the crown of his helmet.

Havic

Reaction score
Great hit, would have been a flag for sure in todays league.