Another Draft Trade Suggestion??? Ellis to

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
neosapien23 said:
If BP is willing to play Bledsoe, he would be more than willing to play Owens.
That is simply not true.

TO will not be a Cowboy. Period.

BTW you realize that TO is 32 years old (Born: Dec 7, 1973).

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
TO will not be a Cowboy. Period.

BTW you realize that TO is 32 years old (Born: Dec 7, 1973).

The TO groupies, do NOT want to hear that.

He won't ever be a Cowboy.

I read where (I think it was JJT) said he asked a Dallas scout about TO and the scout just rolled his eyes and walked away. If that doesn't tell you that TO isn't coming here... I don't know what will.

Since the TO groupies don't deal in reality... perhaps if the psychic Cleo told them he isn't coming...then they'd believe.

neosapien23

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
The TO groupies, do NOT want to hear that.

He won't ever be a Cowboy.

I read where (I think it was JJT) said he asked a Dallas scout about TO and the scout just rolled his eyes and walked away. If that doesn't tell you that TO isn't coming here... I don't know what will.

Since the TO groupies don't deal in reality... perhaps if the psychic Cleo told them he isn't coming...then they'd believe.

Rivera and Bledsoe were both 32 when they were broght in. I'm not saying TO will be a Cowboy, but with Parcells penchant for bringing in older players it is still a possibility. The only thing keeping TO from being a Cowboys would be is turdish behavior not his old age. I would trade Glover for Owens straight up. Both players are the best in their postion but will not command much in a trade due to their salaries. Both would have to renogotiate new contracts before the trade is finalized.

kartr

Reaction score
sago1 said:
Understand Broncos are $30+M over the salary cap & have to jettison several of their vet players. Adding to this problem--Broncos have 2 first round draft picks which increase costs of their rookie draft pool. One of the players cited as probably being cut is DE Courtney Brown (and 2 OL players). Unless Broncos have capable backup behind Brown, they need add quality DE.

Ellis would be good fit for them (along with his 8 QB sacks) but he will cost too much if they have to compete in FA for him. Locked into 4 more years in his contract, Ellis base salary $3M+ in 06 may prove very attractive to them. Would Broncos be interested enough to trade their 29th pick in first round to us & in return we send them Ellis & our first round pick in 07??? If not the first round, would it be attractive enough to get done in 2nd round?? If not doable in these 2 rounds, maybe they'd give us their third round for Ellis to avoid competing in FA for him???

Above scenario based on whether Cowboys do indeed plan/forced trade Ellis.

Ellis is a model of consistency and with good production. To me omitting players who have been solidly productive for years and who still can play makes no sense. I would only move players that I have questions about, like Bledsoe for instance. If Bledsoe reverts to his old self and we don't draft a qb or bring in a vet backup, we're screwed, but with Ellis and Glover, we know that every year they will be productive and wont cause trouble.

kartr

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
We are extremely old at all the skill postions. QB and Wr. Our guards are both old and overpaid. Those guys only have 2 years left. Johnson might only have one year left. If BP is willing to play Bledsoe, he would be more than willing to play Owens. As old as we are in those positions, we might as well bring in Owens and try to win now. It will take us three years to groom another QB when we couold have already done it.

Which is why we need to draft Omar Jacobs in the 3rd this year and not wait for Quinn next year. This time next year, Jacobs will be ready to start. We shouldn't be trying to unload consistently productive players when we don't have a replacement in place. I say keep Ellis, trade Bledsoe and bring in a vet qb(Brad Johnson,Daunte Culpepper,etc.) and move forward.