Another Facebook scam

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I got a bunch of texts that said, "Your Facebook reset code is 406915." (Or some number like that). I ignored them. Then my cousin (supposedly) Facebook PMed me that she needed the Facebook reset code. I said that she and I needed to talk on the phone so I knew it was really her. Of course she didn't call.

What I think some bozo was doing was trying to hijack my FB account. They probably stole photos of my cousin from her real page and then PMed me hoping I would fall for it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I got a bunch of texts that said, "Your Facebook reset code is 406915." (Or some number like that). I ignored them. Then my cousin (supposedly) Facebook PMed me that she needed the Facebook reset code. I said that she and I needed to talk on the phone so I knew it was really her. Of course she didn't call.

What I think some bozo was doing was trying to hijack my FB account. They probably stole photos of my cousin from her real page and then PMed me hoping I would fall for it.
Just one more reason.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You can pretty much safely ignore any email you get from any entity claiming to be Facebook. They simply dop not operate that way. Their preferred method of communicating with users is through their own Facebook mail which can only be accessed when logged onto Facebook itself. I don't think I have received any legitimate email from them in 4-5 years. Pretty much since they stopped sending notification emails when someone in my friends list posts something. I don't recall ever opting out of those but they just stopped at one point. Can't say that I mind..

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Most of the info on my FB page is misinformation. For my work, I put down ACME corp, after the Road Runner cartoons. And then I put down that I was born on an island in the pacific (not true). I put down that I'm married (I'm not), and I only have really old photos of myself.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have been getting emails supposedly from various retail companies claiming I won a nice prize, like a Dewalt Drill or something. When I got the first one it looked real in that the email sending address was from a marketing company that handles retail promotions. But then I got 3 more similar emails claiming I won a prize from other retailers. I knew that could not possibly be true since I have the worst luck ever. So I contacted Home Depot (one of the retailers) and let them know but they ignored me. I just deleted the emails. I never click on links in any emails, not even the ones my sister sends me.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Most of the info on my FB page is misinformation. For my work, I put down ACME corp, after the Road Runner cartoons. And then I put down that I was born on an island in the pacific (not true). I put down that I'm married (I'm not), and I only have really old photos of myself.
Damn it... and here I was believe that you were the real Reverend Conehead from Saturday Night Live. You fraud. You make me sick.
:muttley:LOL-JK

terra

Reaction score
I have complete contempt for Facebook and all social media.

Seriously people get a real life.

Hardline

Reaction score
Most Facebook scams I see are through the Facebook messenger asking me to add a friend that is already on my friends list.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
There will soon be a required biometric scan and block chain identifier to access any major internet site

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I'm weird, but you Doctor Evil type weird. I'm glad you don't have Elon Musk money cause you'd try to take over the world with it. :D

If i had elon musk money, I would have a nice homestead with a clear spring/river on the property, and I would be raising meat and vegetable and increasing my flock

I don't think elon musk has elon musk money, I think it is blackrock, state street, and vanguard money, which is someone elses money. It was an interesting person to relate to my post, because his father was a leader in Technocracy movement, and I wont get in on the stuff his mother did. As the "great reset" is being implemented, I doubt i will be too far off on that guess of where things are going.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I'm weird, but you Doctor Evil type weird. I'm glad you don't have Elon Musk money cause you'd try to take over the world with it. :D

Google and apple behind the biometric identity. Even if they have not been rolled out, the systems are being implemented everywhere

Last edited: