Another game... another interception!

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Ender;2303085 said:
I dont know how many of you are actually able to go back an watch the game again. But the safety who made that pick just mad a good *** play. That play shows how we were out coached because as soon as the DB back off the safety knew exactly where Romo was going and basically sprinted right to the ball. He actually started running to that spot befor it was thrown. So it was just a good designed play.

If you ask me plays like that are the reason you run the ball even if the running game isn't working, because you have to run the ball to keep the Defense honest. They were basically able to do that because they knew Romo would change the play if there where 8 in the box. But that what happens when you dont run the ball.

I always tried to give Wade and Brian Stuart the benifit of the doubt, but after watching that game over a couple times, it time for them to really start making some adjustments and if they cant Jerry needs to find some one who can.

Nice reasoning there... A realistic view among the knee-jerk pundits

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
superpunk;2303221 said:
Do you really have this much of a one-track mind?

3.0% of Aikman's career passes were intercepted. For the first three years of his career, his averages were 6.1%, 4.5%, and 2.8%.

3.6% of Tony's passes are intercepted. For his first three years, the averages are 3.9%, 3.7%, and 2.9% so far this season.

If he can stay around 3%, then that will be a great improvement, and that's where most of your elite QBs are anyway. It's a tradeoff with Tony. He also has a ridiculous percentage of passes that go for TDs - 6.3%. As a comparison, Brady's career pct is 5.4% and Manning's is 5.6%. Aikman's was 3.5%.

BTW - I've looked at several top QBs so far, and if Tony can maintain that 6% TD average he will throw more TDs per pass attempt than any QB in history. It's a longshot, but looking at the numbers 5.6% appears to be the gold standard. If you're above that, you're amazing.

But by all means, focus on the negative. Makes for a great outlook.

Look at all that hard work you had to do to Google and cut/paste those numbers, though. It is so much easier to focus on the negative :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There are some ints that is on the QB and others that you have to give credit to the defense for making a great play. No doubt Romo has made mistake but the int in the skins game was just a great play by the linebacker.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2303266 said:
There are some ints that is on the QB and others that you have to give credit to the defense for making a great play. No doubt Romo has made mistake but the int in the skins game was just a great play by the linebacker.

You have got to be kidding. That was a rookie-type INT.

Reminded me of a game with Ryan Leaf right before half time. A very similar INT.

On a side: Just as we have the "chicken little's" we also have the "dont worry, be happy crowd" and that will have us watching playoffs at home... AGAIN.

There is legitimate cause for concern with these "patterns" with Romo.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
superpunk;2303221 said:

3.0% of Aikman's career passes were intercepted. For the first three years of his career, his averages were 6.1%, 4.5%, and 2.8%.

3.6% of Tony's passes are intercepted. For his first three years, the averages are 3.9%, 3.7%, and 2.9% so far this season.

If he can stay around 3%, then that will be a great improvement, and that's where most of your elite QBs are anyway. It's a tradeoff with Tony. He also has a ridiculous percentage of passes that go for TDs - 6.3%. As a comparison, Brady's career pct is 5.4% and Manning's is 5.6%. Aikman's was 3.5%.

BTW - I've looked at several top QBs so far, and if Tony can maintain that 6% TD average he will throw more TDs per pass attempt than any QB in history. It's a longshot, but looking at the numbers 5.6% appears to be the gold standard. If you're above that, you're amazing.

/thread

Reaction score
Darkhound;2302957 said:
Ok!

I just got back from Dallas and well.. my first time EVER to see the Cowboys loose live at Texas Stadium. I guess it is part of life.

Anyhow... I cannot deny the fact that I wondered not if but BUT WHEN was Tony Romo going to trow an INT. Call it coincidense, caall it whatever, but who here gets the feeling that he will throw and int in possibly EVERY game of the remaining season?

Is this the QB we want?
Are you guys worried or are we just buying into the drama?

I personally am starting to think Tony is not what we thought he was....

Just close your eyes and think of the following: Carter, Hutchinson, Henson, Testaverde, Bledsoe, and the feeling will go away.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;2303300 said:
You have got to be kidding. That was a rookie-type INT.

Reminded me of a game with Ryan Leaf right before half time. A very similar INT.

On a side: Just as we have the "chicken little's" we also have the "dont worry, be happy crowd" and that will have us watching playoffs at home... AGAIN.

There is legitimate cause for concern with these "patterns" with Romo.

No I'm not kidding and no it was not a rookie mistake the LB came from a good distance to jump in front of that pass. Romo was looking at soft coverage over the top on the outside there was no way he was going to see the LB come from that part of the field to get into position to make the play.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2303335 said:
No I'm not kidding and no it was not a rookie mistake the LB came from a good distance to jump in front of that pass. Romo was looking at soft coverage over the top on the outside there was no way he was going to see the LB come from that part of the field to get into position to make the play.

Didn't Romo stare his receiver down that play?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2303372 said:
Didn't Romo stare his receiver down that play?

He went through his reads and saw the open man. He threw 3 TD passes in the game and had 1 int and people freak. I agree Romo nor the offense was as sharpe as they needed to be but I think people get themselfs worked up to quickly. You have Yomick wanting Romo to be vince Young, well he isn't and running should be a last resort for a QB is main objective is to find the open man and Romo for the most part does that, he is very good about buying time until his WR can get open but he is not VY and frankly I don't want that in our QB. Hell I'll take Romo over most any QB in the NFL right now

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
superpunk;2303221 said:

:bow:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This is how I know that I like Tony Romo at QB for us. I NEVER go into a game thinking we have no shot to win and in no game that we're down do I believe that it's over.

As long as Romo is there I believe we've actually got a shot to win every time we play. That makes him more than good enough in my eyes.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Well..

I guess all this drama comes with the "media" and with the "fame" But I think there are things we need to get worried about. I try not to be a troll or a subjective person but we cannot deny that in this day in the NFL, the chances of winning a SB are narrow.

If we dont capitalize this season or the next.. it might be over.

Factors like TO being "outspoken"
The defense
Romo etc..

Well those things could jeopardize our SB run

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2303335 said:

STILL you have to be kidding. The defender ran from the middle of the field to sideline. Tony surely had to see this guy making a B-line for the sidelines?

Anyways... rookie BS INT. No excuses.

Doomsday101;2303376 said:
He went through his reads and saw the open man. He threw 3 TD passes in the game and had 1 int and people freak.

Whats funny about that is that Campbell(a much lesser quality QB) didnt lose the game for his team. Romo did.

braw

Reaction score
Darkhound;2303419 said:
Well..

I guess all this drama comes with the "media" and with the "fame" But I think there are things we need to get worried about. I try not to be a troll or a subjective person but we cannot deny that in this day in the NFL, the chances of winning a SB are narrow.

If we dont capitalize this season or the next.. it might be over.

Factors like TO being "outspoken"
The defense
Romo etc..

Well those things could jeopardize our SB run

Your views on Romo are about as backwards as your picture of Romo.So your sig is a picture of a reflection(image), so is your assessment. You have an idea of what a team and or QB should do until they do that you will complain.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
He went through his reads and saw the open man. He threw 3 TD passes in the game and had 1 int and people freak. I agree Romo nor the offense was as sharpe as they needed to be but I think people get themselfs worked up to quickly. You have Yomick wanting Romo to be vince Young, well he isn't and running should be a last resort for a QB is main objective is to find the open man and Romo for the most part does that, he is very good about buying time until his WR can get open but he is not VY and frankly I don't want that in our QB. Hell I'll take Romo over most any QB in the NFL right now

Errr... but did he stare down his receiver on that one interception play? That doesn't make him a bad QB or mean I am out to get him. But I thought that interception was his fault. A good play, nontheless, but his fault.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo versus Cleveland’s defense:intercepted late in the third quarter.
Score at the time of the interception? 28-7 Dallas.

Romo versus Philadephia’s defense:intercepted late in the first quarter.
Score at the time of the interception? 14-6 Dallas.

Romo versus Green Bay’s defense: intercepted late in the first quarter
Score at the time of the interception? 3-3 tie.

Romo versus Washington’s defense: intercepted late in the third quarter.
Score at the time of the interception? 20-17 Washington.

It would greatly concern me if Romo was consistently (i.e. two or more straight games) throwing interceptions with the game on the line, late in the fourth quarter and forced Dallas to overcome a large deficit. Interceptions are something to worry about, but you also have to consider when your quarterback is throwing them and how badly does the INT affect the probable outcome of the game because every quarterback, good or bad, throws picks. It’s the nature of the game.

Ender

Reaction score
unicornsandstars;2303114 said:
he needs to figure out how to not make mistakes late in the season when it counts...he always chokes.

Again, i ask. when did he choke. I think preception just has become reality with Tony. 2 playoff games, 2 losses, none of which are exclusivly his fault. If the line blocks better we win last year, if the recievers actually cacth the ball we win. yall need to stop listening to the media.

Dumbsheet

Reaction score
Yeah, Brett Farve throws a ton of interceptions too. And he really sucks.

Good piont.

cowboyed

Reaction score

Vince Young has been quarterbacking himself to the infirmary, bench and possibly the mental health clinic.