another in a long line of countless mocks

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
2nd: Mississippi State FS Derek Pegues - 5'10" 190, 4.49 40

3-time, All-SEC free safety with 12 career INTs, is the all-time SEC leader in kick-off returns and kick-off return yardage, and is 2nd all-time in total return yardage, which can explain the type of speed he has

improves on the nickel FS

3rd: Cincinnati DE Connor Barwin - 6'4" 255, 4.64 40

1-year starter at DE after switching over from the offensive side of the ball, where he was a pretty good TE, won All-Big East, 1st team honors this year, finishing 2nd in the conference in tackles for loss (14.5), and 1st in sacks (11), even blocked 3 kicks this year, has a great motor and will do anything asked of him

athletic pass-rusher who could potentially play outside or inside in the 3-4

alternate: UConn DE Cody Brown

4th: Wisconsin OG Kraig Urbik - 6'6" 332, 5.29 40

mammouth RG who has also started games at RT, Wisconsin lineman are all generally technically sound but none have been quite as big as this guy, 2-time, All-Big 10 winner

could turn into a valuable swing player at OG and OT

4th: Central Florida CB Joe Burnett - 5'11" 185, 4.54 40

special teams phenom, 4-time, All-C USA punt returner, 3-time All-C USA cornerback, 4-year starter at CB, notching 16 career INTs

gives us great depth at CB and most importantly, might finally give us a great punt returner

5th: Clemson QB Cullen Harper - 6'4" 225

smart, tough, gritty QB from a football family, had a down year after setting 21 school records as a 1st-time, Junior starter last year, although in the 4 games immediately following Tommie Bowden's resignation, threw for 954 yards

might never be anything other than a solid, backup QB in the NFL, but has enough skill-set and the intangibles to be quite good in that role

5th: San Jose State DT Jarron Gilbert - 6'6" 280, 5.23 40

DE and DT at SJSU who could play the 5-technique, DE spot in the 3-4, his 22 tackles for loss led the FBS, and he chipped in with 9.5 sacks, this season's performance earned him the WAC, Defensive Player of the Year award

battles with Jason Hatcher and/or Bowen for their job as rotational pass-rusher

alternate: Georgia Tech DT Vance Walker

6th: Alcorn State OLB Lee Robinson - 6'3" 245, 4.68 40

All-SWAC performer at OLB, this year had 111 tackles, 10.5 for loss, and 3 INTs, his 3-year averages are 83 tackles, 11 for loss and 3.5 sacks

provides excellent depth at ILB, gets rid of Bobby Carpenter at least, and assumes his role on special teams

7th: Iowa DE Mitch King - 6'3" 280, 4.74 40

1st-team, All-Big 10 and Big 10 lineman of the year, provides all-out hustle for top-10 rushing D, 3-year average is 55 tackles, 14 for loss and 4.7 sacks

provides hustle and playmaking energy off the bench

7th: Ball State OT Robert Brewster - 6'5" 310, 5.10 40

1st-team, All-MAC OT for top-27 rushing and passing offense

battles Pat McQuistan for backup spot

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I like Joe Burnett a lot and have him in my mock too . He may be the best return man in the NCAA , and a pretty damn good CB too . He'd be a great guy to have active on game day playing ALL special teams sets , and as depth at CB .

I like the Urbik pick too .

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;2483361 said:
I like Joe Burnett a lot and have him in my mock too . He may be the best return man in the NCAA , and a pretty damn good CB too . He'd be a great guy to have active on game day playing ALL special teams sets , and as depth at CB .

I like the Urbik pick too .

Cool we are drafting my Uncle :D

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2483432 said:
Cool we are drafting my Uncle :D

Well if he's a Meister , then at least we know he's from good stock . He'll have the genes of a dang thoroughbred !

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;2483622 said:
Well if he's a Meister , then at least we know he's from good stock . He'll have the genes of a dang thoroughbred !

I do have an uncle named Joe Burnett in Fla but he's in his 60's :laugh1:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Mitch King in the 7th? I think we may need a corner know that Pac is gone. No back up C? Considering we're going to have Holland and Koiser next year I really don't want to see Proctor in the NFL anymore.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2484107 said:
...I really don't want to see Proctor in the NFL anymore.

Come on now. I want to see him. I want to see him playing for the Commanders.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2483238 said:

I like this pick a lot!

I'd wait till 2010 to grab a L.B., we are a win now team and of course we are a win for the next 5-7 year team as well, but I'd hold off on L.B. for this year since all 4 starters should be coming back!

I don't mind this pick, a little tall for a guard, but sine he can play tackle also, I like the versatillity.

Don't get this pick at all.
Even with Henry gone, we got Newman/Pacman/Jenkins/Scandrick, so I don't see using a 4th rounder to be used as our 5th C.B., would rather go D-line here, or even another safety since even with Pegues, we don't have as much depth at safety as we do corner.

I don't think we'll draft a Q.B., I think we'll get a good vet and that's it.
I wouldn't mind drafting a young Q.B., but that hasn't been Jerry's motto the past few years keeping just 2 Q.B.'s most of the time, Romo and a good vet.
I say bring in John Kitna!

I love this pick!

Walkers' a 2-3rd round talent, no way he last till late 5th!

I don't mind this pick!

I like it!

I like it.

ONE QUESTION, where's our #1 or #2 off season need for a big run stuffing 3-4 N.T.?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2484107 said:
Mitch King in the 7th?

NFLDraftScout, the drafting Bible as far as I'm concerned has him there right now, I think he could go higher, but right now he's a 7th round guy

DaBoys4Life said:
I think we may need a corner know that Pac is gone. No back up C? Considering we're going to have Holland and Koiser next year I really don't want to see Proctor in the NFL anymore.

backup Cs are a dime a dozen, we could pick one up as UDFA, but if we had to draft a C, I'd use the other 7th on him instead of taking Brewster

ThatsmyQB;2485196 said:
Walkers' a 2-3rd round talent, no way he last till late 5th!

as I told DaBoys, NFLDraftScout has him pegged as a 5th round guy, right now, so that's where I'll have him too

as far as the NT, this scheme doesn't call for a huge one, and I think Tank could do the job as a quality backup, spot player there again

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2485307 said:
NFLDraftScout, the drafting Bible as far as I'm concerned has him there right now, I think he could go higher, but right now he's a 7th round guy

backup Cs are a dime a dozen, we could pick one up as UDFA, but if we had to draft a C, I'd use the other 7th on him instead of taking Brewster

as I told DaBoys, NFLDraftScout has him pegged as a 5th round guy, right now, so that's where I'll have him too

as far as the NT, this scheme doesn't call for a huge one, and I think Tank could do the job as a quality backup, spot player there again

Oh I haven't checked out Mitch King in a while however if he's projecting 7th then that would be an amazing pick. Maybe my opinion on the O Line position is skewed by how much hate I have for Proctor and how he does absolutely nothing when he's in the game.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2485330 said:
Oh I haven't checked out Mitch King in a while however if he's projecting 7th then that would be an amazing pick. Maybe my opinion on the O Line position is skewed by how much hate I have for Proctor and how he does absolutely nothing when he's in the game.

hopefully Proctor is done in Dallas

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2483238 said:

3-time, All-SEC free safety with 12 career INTs, is the all-time SEC leader in kick-off returns and kick-off return yardage, and is 2nd all-time in total return yardage, which can explain the type of speed he has

improves on the nickel FS

1-year starter at DE after switching over from the offensive side of the ball, where he was a pretty good TE, won All-Big East, 1st team honors this year, finishing 2nd in the conference in tackles for loss (14.5), and 1st in sacks (11), even blocked 3 kicks this year, has a great motor and will do anything asked of him

athletic pass-rusher who could potentially play outside or inside in the 3-4

alternate: UConn DE Cody Brown

mammouth RG who has also started games at RT, Wisconsin lineman are all generally technically sound but none have been quite as big as this guy, 2-time, All-Big 10 winner

could turn into a valuable swing player at OG and OT

special teams phenom, 4-time, All-C USA punt returner, 3-time All-C USA cornerback, 4-year starter at CB, notching 16 career INTs

gives us great depth at CB and most importantly, might finally give us a great punt returner

smart, tough, gritty QB from a football family, had a down year after setting 21 school records as a 1st-time, Junior starter last year, although in the 4 games immediately following Tommie Bowden's resignation, threw for 954 yards

might never be anything other than a solid, backup QB in the NFL, but has enough skill-set and the intangibles to be quite good in that role

DE and DT at SJSU who could play the 5-technique, DE spot in the 3-4, his 22 tackles for loss led the FBS, and he chipped in with 9.5 sacks, this season's performance earned him the WAC, Defensive Player of the Year award

battles with Jason Hatcher and/or Bowen for their job as rotational pass-rusher

All-SWAC performer at OLB, this year had 111 tackles, 10.5 for loss, and 3 INTs, his 3-year averages are 83 tackles, 11 for loss and 3.5 sacks

provides excellent depth at ILB, gets rid of Bobby Carpenter at least, and assumes his role on special teams

1st-team, All-Big 10 and Big 10 lineman of the year, provides all-out hustle for top-10 rushing D, 3-year average is 55 tackles, 14 for loss and 4.7 sacks

provides hustle and playmaking energy off the bench

1st-team, All-MAC OT for top-27 rushing and passing offense

battles Pat McQuistan for backup spot

Bob, you keep getting better and better.....but, I must say, as far as Cullen Harper goes.......HELL NO. I have seen him play and he is not impressive at all. Other than the QB pick, I love your mock. I like some different players, but I could definitely back this mock. Of course, if you would be willing to replace Harper with Mike Reilly, I would be 100% on board with your mock.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2485307 said:

you really shouldn't put all your draft info into ONE SITE!
I look at a TON of sites, weed out the bad ones, and get a consensus and where the players will go, and right now Walkers roughly a mid-late 2nd early 3rd rounder on most all sites, with draftscout being the only good one who has him that late./

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2486088 said:
I look at a TON of sites, weed out the bad ones, and get a consensus and where the players will go, and right now Walkers roughly a mid-late 2nd early 3rd rounder on most all sites, with draftscout being the only good one who has him that late./

If that ONE SITE has an excellent reputation, why not? So many on here and other sites I have been to say that very site does the best job of evaluating the draft talent. I don't go there too often cause it is a pay site and it only gives me limited access.....Draft Blitz is one that I wish was free, just so I could see what they are making everyone pay for. I bet it is a bunch of nonsense, similar to ESPN Insider.

BTW, as far as using multiple sites, the people who like this ONE SITE, have been to many sites and found that none of them compare to this ONE SITE. That is why they stay with this ONE SITE, because it gives them the best evaluation for their draft knowledge thirst.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2486469 said:
If that ONE SITE has an excellent reputation, why not? So many on here and other sites I have been to say that very site does the best job of evaluating the draft talent. I don't go there too often cause it is a pay site and it only gives me limited access.....Draft Blitz is one that I wish was free, just so I could see what they are making everyone pay for. I bet it is a bunch of nonsense, similar to ESPN Insider.

BTW, as far as using multiple sites, the people who like this ONE SITE, have been to many sites and found that none of them compare to this ONE SITE. That is why they stay with this ONE SITE, because it gives them the best evaluation for their draft knowledge thirst.

for NFLdraftscout if you go to directory and look up players by school you can look up anyone.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2486469 said:

They are reputable, as moany others, to put your eggs all in one basket is a mistake IMO.
If 5 out of 6 reputable sites have a guy in rounds mid to late 1st and early 2nd, and ONE SITE out of 6 have him late 3rd, I'd question their assessment of that ONE GUY is all.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2485854 said:
Bob, you keep getting better and better.....but, I must say, as far as Cullen Harper goes.......HELL NO. I have seen him play and he is not impressive at all. Other than the QB pick, I love your mock. I like some different players, but I could definitely back this mock. Of course, if you would be willing to replace Harper with Mike Reilly, I would be 100% on board with your mock.

I love Cullen Harper, I've seen him play alot, he's just a tough, tough guy, although he has a nasty tendency to hold onto the ball for too long, I just love the intangibles with this guy, and think he fits the backup QB, prototype to a "T"

but I could go with Reilly too, who probably has a much, higher upside

ThatsmyQB;2486088 said:

it's pretty easy for me to jump straight to NFLDS as the final word, actual scouts pay to see the same information, and it was started by one of the best personnel evaluators the game has ever known, Bill Walsh

I look at alot of sites, but the final word is alway NFLDS for me

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2486469 said:

Lindy's NFL Draft guide has teamed up with the Sports Exchange, the site that hosts or sponsors NFLDS

it's a pretty good rag