Another NFL coach's marriage bites the dust--Belichick

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Parcells a couple of years ago (granted, he was out of football at the time); Fisher last year; & now it turns out Belichick also split up last year.

Belichick calls separation 'not a new development'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

In a statement to ESPN.com, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick confirmed Wednesday night that he and his wife, Debby, are separated.

"This is not a new development," Belichick said. "I ask that my personal privacy be respected."

Rumors of the separation first appeared earlier this week on internet message boards, including one devoted to Patriots fans, and the Boston-area media in recent days began to make inquiries about the status of the Belichicks' marriage.

The inference of some posts on one message board have been that the separation will be a distraction for Belichick and undermine New England's chances in 2005 of becoming the first team in NFL history to capture three straight Super Bowl championships.

But the separation occurred before the 2004 season, one in which Belichick appeared undeterred by personal issues, and in which the Patriots won a third Super Bowl title in four years.

Belichick, 53, won an ESPY on Wednesday night as the coach/manager of the year.

The Belichicks have long shared philanthropic interests and their charitable endeavors together have been considerable, including the Bill and Debby Belichick Scholarship, founded in 2001 and awarded annually to an Annapolis High School senior for academic and athletic achievement.

The couple has three children.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not to kick a man or make fun of his marriage here...but I can't resist.

I wonder if she got tired of him mumbling and could never get a understandable answer from him. :p:

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
I know it's cold (& even tho I don't particularly care for Belichick, I truly am sorry to hear of anyone's marriage breaking up), but I was wondering who would make the first "mumbles" reference. I was expecting LaTuna! Must admit--I had a hard time not mentioning mumbles myself.

dewey

Reaction score
I hate to see a marriage break up, especially with kids, but do you think maybe she just got plain sick and tired of that butt ugly grey sweatshirt.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
Parcells a couple of years ago (granted, he was out of football at the time); Fisher last year; & now it turns out Belichick also split up last year.

Fisher!? Jeff FISHER???

Now there's one worth chasing, KM. :)

Good for Mrs Mumbles, btw. Belichicken is notoriously stingy and has four houses just on Nanticket Island, who knows how many elsewhere. The Mrs should score at least two of 'em. Let her enjoy the money he tightwaded away before she's too old to enjoy it. Buy herself a young stud while she's at it.

Maybe Lawyer Milloy. :D

later

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I can't believe anyone would marry him in the first place.

He has the personality of a soap dish.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Not to kick a man or make fun of his marriage here...but I can't resist.

I wonder if she got tired of him mumbling and could never get a understandable answer from him. :p:

Naw. It was the "could you pass the football, I mean salt" requests at the dinner table.
icon11.gif

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
Fisher!? Jeff FISHER???

Good for Mrs Mumbles, btw. Belichicken is notoriously stingy and has four houses just on Nanticket Island, who knows how many elsewhere. The Mrs should score at least two of 'em. Let her enjoy the money he tightwaded away before she's too old to enjoy it. Buy herself a young stud while she's at it.

Maybe Lawyer Milloy. :D

later

Barb... I must admit I kind of expected this reaction out of you. :D

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Kittymama said:

Is it me or that it seems like Little Bill follows everyone of Big Bill's steps to T?

I mean it seemed just like BP when Bellichek opted for himself being the OC this year. All his methodology in operating with his players is very similar to BP except BB doesn't have anywhere near the Big Bill's charm etc. to get away with stuff.

Thats why his players are whining about him in public a lot before season. You dont see that much with Big Bill. Other than that it seems like BB is following his teacher to T.

Shaun

Reaction score
Guess he couldn't find the right playcalling to save his marriage.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Is it me or that it seems like Little Bill follows everyone of Big Bill's steps to T?
So now we'll have to see if he picks up a 30-years-younger girlfriend! ;)

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Fisher!? Jeff FISHER???

Gotta admit, Jeff is pretty good looking. Unfortunately, I just have a thing for lumpy droopy-faced guys (I also loved Walter Matthau). :p: Sigh.