another player cowboys looked at senior bowl: Zach Follet

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Zach follet linebacker California
the cowboys looked at this player tuesday evening, i posted in the draft section more players the cowboys looked at if your interested, joe:star:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
as you can tell, this is a quick info on Follett, and from what the stats are, he is a quick small fast linebacker, maybe the cowboys are preparing to loose burnett in free agency

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is Todd McShay's observation.

Sounds like a winner.

Cal OLB Zach Follett has strong hands and the upper-body strength to jolt blockers on contact, but his mobility is subpar. He plays too top-heavy and loses his balance at times as a result. In fact, he appeared so rigid during kick-coverage drills today that we question his ability to contribute on special teams. Making matters worse, Follett is a plodder who hasn't shown much closing speed in pursuit.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't like that report but then I have to admit I don't know how good McShay is at scouting and knowing a whole lot of what he's talking about.

I'm not saying he doesn't, I just don't know.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Alexander;2593991 said:
This is Todd McShay's observation.

Sounds like a winner.

Cal OLB Zach Follett has strong hands and the upper-body strength to jolt blockers on contact, but his mobility is subpar. He plays too top-heavy and loses his balance at times as a result. In fact, he appeared so rigid during kick-coverage drills today that we question his ability to contribute on special teams. Making matters worse, Follett is a plodder who hasn't shown much closing speed in pursuit.

the description starts out strong. Then quickly dissolves. NEXT!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
hey Wade, maybe you don't need a smaller/faster ILB in your defense. incase you haven't noticed your defenses have never won anything!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Follett looked pretty in drills good at the Senior Bowl practice aired on NFLN this morning. IIRC, the announcers noticed his performance, and then compared it positively to the existing book on the guy, so it may just have been a case where the Cowboys perked up when they saw him going after it on drills in an otherwise pretty weak LB group.