Twitter: Another QB option for the Cowboys

School

Reaction score
Dak would of looked like crap playing for the Jets. Can’t really know what Darnold is made of.

Sometimes you can still tell. Like with Tannehill in Miami under Gase and Dak in 2017. It wasn't surprising they flourished when conditions improved.

With Darnold though, yes he's played under awful conditions, but he also hasn't shown redeeming qualities like the aforementioned two that would make you think he'd become a high-end qb once he's in a better situation.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sometimes you can still tell. Like with Tannehill in Miami under Gase and Dak in 2017. It wasn't surprising they flourished when conditions improved.

With Darnold though, yes he's played under awful conditions, but he also hasn't shown redeeming qualities like the aforementioned two that would make you think he'd become a high-end qb once he's in a better situation.
Yea, I’m not sure we can say the Jets are a bad team with a good QB. But I would like to see how he’d do on a better team.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If we can get the Darnold that looked like the second coming of Joe Montana against us two seasons ago I'll take him.

So you're saying he'd look so great in training camp that we'd think we have the answer. Then, we'd get to the regular season and realize we weren't asking the right question.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OP must have meant for pick #1. Certainly not all that for Darnold!

Mannix

Reaction score
------Sam "Darnit" Darnold is not an option.

This is a family site.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I agree with you there
I see Darnold in the same mold as a Josh Allen, kids got a big arm, just needs to develop the mental aspect of the game.
I bet when its all said and done that Darnold and Allen have very similar careers.

Mannix

Reaction score
Dak is no Josh Allen. He started making "business decisions" a couple years ago....its gonna be even worse now following his injury. So now he is going to be elite just because of his arm? Hahaha....that is a good one!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I see Darnold in the same mold as a Josh Allen, kids got a big arm, just needs to develop the mental aspect of the game.
I bet when its all said and done that Darnold and Allen have very similar careers.
He’s going to need to be on a better team to fully meet his potential.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dak is no Josh Allen. He started making "business decisions" a couple years ago....its gonna be even worse now following his injury. So now he is going to be elite just because of his arm? Hahaha....that is a good one!!!

Good.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its the "anything but Dak" effect. Anyone potentially available will better then Dak for those who don't want to resign him.

I'm more along the lines of, I just want the saga resolved one way or the other, but I'm aware when the fan base dislikes a player, suddenly, every other option is the best option.
You and me both man. I’m tired of this. Just end it.

Motorola

Reaction score
Cowboys are going to sign Dak. And it could be this week. It’s going to be a fun day in this forum. Lol
Even if the opposite happens - Cowboys tag (exclusive or non-exclusive) Prescott - it will be a 'fun day in this forum'.

Mannix

Reaction score
-----Exactly what season was it that Dak got his team within one game of the Super Bowl?

Did Romo?

Why you bringing Romo into this? We were talking Josh Allen vs Dak.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
-----Exactly what season was it that Dak got his team within one game of the Super Bowl?

Did Romo?

Why you bringing Romo into this? We were talking Josh Allen vs Dak.

Romo gets a pass by Dak haters. So i'll bring him up when posters mention the "what has Dak done analogy".

Mannix

Reaction score
Not biting.....Romo is gone. Dak is the concern that needs discussing.