Another "statement" game

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
these are the games we've failed miserably at for years...will tomorrow night be any different?

It wouldnt kill the season to lose up there, but its time for us to at least play good, solid football and not get embarassed in one of these for a change...

this is a real measuring stick game, especially for our offense...move the ball well and score 24+ up there on that defense and that would be a huge statement...fumble, bumble and get our QB killed would probably be a good indicator that we arnt there yet and that the first two games were just us taking advantage of bad teams with no playoff shot

I think we can win this game, but we cant turn the ball over...they feast off turnovers, especially at home...Romo has to take care of the ball better than he ever has for us to win tomorrow night...not just by avoiding stupid throws, but also by covering the ball up when he gets pressured or takes off

David

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I am actually pretty worried about how Romo is going to play tomorrow. Things he has gotten away with in the past (for example, the TD pass to Curtis against Miami).....thats not going to fly against Chicago methinks.

He is going to have to learn to harness in some of that improv stuff he does.

Or we could be in some trouble.

Id be amazed if he doesn't throw a pick this game.

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1661332 said:
these are the games we've failed miserably at for years...will tomorrow night be any different?

It wouldnt kill the season to lose up there, but its time for us to at least play good, solid football and not get embarassed in one of these for a change...

this is a real measuring stick game, especially for our offense...move the ball well and score 24+ up there on that defense and that would be a huge statement...fumble, bumble and get our QB killed would probably be a good indicator that we arnt there yet and that the first two games were just us taking advantage of bad teams with no playoff shot

I think we can win this game, but we cant turn the ball over...they feast off turnovers, especially at home...Romo has to take care of the ball better than he ever has for us to win tomorrow night...not just by avoiding stupid throws, but also by covering the ball up when he gets pressured or takes off

David

I agree-however, what IF we lose-it's not going to be the end of the world, but you can bet 90% of Zoners will be acting like so, and even more will start questioning Romo.

If anything, compared to many teams in the NFL, we've probably had the hardest 3 game start-before the season started, I expected to be 2-1, so regardless of the outcome tomorrow, I'll be happy.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
TunaFan33;1661340 said:
I agree-however, what IF we lose-it's not going to be the end of the world, but you can bet 90% of Zoners will be acting like so, and even more will start questioning Romo.

If anything, compared to many teams in the NFL, we've probably had the hardest 3 game start-before the season started, I expected to be 2-1, so regardless of the outcome tomorrow, I'll be happy.

San Diego's start of Chicago, New England, and Green Bay trumps our start.

I mean, the Giants and Dolphins could be top 5, likely top 10 picks in the draft.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
With a young team confidence is really important. A loss wouldn't be that significant but a win could help elevate the team confidence.

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage;1661343 said:

I mean, the Giants and Dolphins could be top 5, likely top 10 picks in the draft.

True, but the Fins game was on the road(and their D is actually pretty good). Nonetheless, starting 2/3 on the road is not an easy task.

cowboys19

Reaction score
Vintage;1661343 said:

Most QB's usually struggle @ Miami so Romo actually did a good job considering.

cowboys19

Reaction score
Vintage;1661335 said:
I am actually pretty worried about how Romo is going to play tomorrow. Things he has gotten away with in the past (for example, the TD pass to Curtis against Miami).....thats not going to fly against Chicago methinks.

He is going to have to learn to harness in some of that improv stuff he does.

Or we could be in some trouble.

Id be amazed if he doesn't throw a pick this game.

The Bears D is good, but they aren't unpentratable. Why would you be amazed if Romo doesn't throw a pick?

In 13 starts he has thrown 11 picks. Thats not bad at all IMO
In 13 starts he has thrown 23 TD's. Thats GOOD.
He has over a 2:1 td int ratio

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
cowboys19;1661369 said:
The Bears D is good, but they aren't unpentratable. Why would you be amazed if Romo doesn't throw a pick?

In 13 starts he has thrown 11 picks. Thats not bad at all IMO
In 13 starts he has thrown 23 TD's. Thats GOOD.
He has over a 2:1 td int ratio

And through 2 games this year, he's thrown just ONE pick-that THAT'S GOOD!:star:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
TunaFan33;1661354 said:
True, but the Fins game was on the road(and their D is actually pretty good). Nonetheless, starting 2/3 on the road is not an easy task.

That is true.

I laugh when I hear commentators saying, well the Cowboys opponents so far are a combined 0-4. Well duh, two of those losses were to us.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Sorry... the Bears team is not good enough for me to call it a statement game.... the Pats would be a statement game.

The Bears are a good defense and one offensive threat in Hester. We can overcome that fairly easy.

mmetzger

Reaction score
So beating our defending conference champs wouldn't be a statement apparently? I agree that a game vs. the Pats would be an even larger statement, but that doesn't mean that this isn't a huge game for us.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
mmetzger;1661451 said:
So beating our defending conference champs wouldn't be a statement apparently? I agree that a game vs. the Pats would be an even larger statement, but that doesn't mean that this isn't a huge game for us.

Come on... you and me both are scratching our heads wondering how the Bears came to represent the NFC last year..... If we had Garrett running the offense against Seattle... we probably beat the Bears in NFC title game.

The Bears are gonna take hit on Sunday.... an early season downward spiral

38-17

I give them 17 because Hester prob gets a TD

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
YoMick;1661454 said:
Come on... you and me both are scratching our heads wondering how the Bears came to represent the NFC last year..... If we had Garrett running the offense against Seattle... we probably beat the Bears in NFC title game.

The Bears are gonna take hit on Sunday.... an early season downward spiral

38-17

I give them 17 because Hester prob gets a TD

Man, I love your optimism.

I am kinda expecting a loss myself.

A win would really send a statement and put us in the driver seat for possible home field advantage.

Close-lose, would not be all that negative. At least it would show that we can play with the so called "big boys". However, a rematch in the playoffs would probably be a return trip to Chicago.

Get blow out is worst case scenario. Basically it will show we are not yet ready for the big boys. Most of the media would drop us like a hot potatoe.

As long as we dont get blown out, we can come away with some postives.:D

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;1661443 said:
Sorry... the Bears team is not good enough for me to call it a statement game.... the Pats would be a statement game.

The Bears are a good defense and one offensive threat in Hester. We can overcome that fairly easy.

I disagree. This is going to be a tough game and a close one at that. I'm not as convinced AT ALL that we are just going to march right in to Soldier Field and win "handily" as others have stated. Ain't gonna happen.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TunaFan33;1661340 said:

its not a huge deal if we lose...but how we lose says something IMO...if we get manhandled and blown out its a bad omen

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
YoMick;1661443 said:

The Bears went to the super bowl last yr and easily could be 2-0 right now...they have one of the best defenses in the league

if what they had was so easy for teams to overcome, they'd have never sniffed the super bowl

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Sarge;1661574 said:
I disagree. This is going to be a tough game and a close one at that. I'm not as convinced AT ALL that we are just going to march right in to Soldier Field and win "handily" as others have stated. Ain't gonna happen.

I agree Sarge...would love if it if we went in there and rolled over them, but I seriously doubt that happens

David

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dbair1967;1661716 said:
I agree Sarge...would love if it if we went in there and rolled over them, but I seriously doubt that happens

David

Prepare for the worst... hope for the best.

Romo is gonna have a career day