Twitter: Another Zeke workout video, just because

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We need to get the game breaking speed back, that threat to take it to the house.
I'm not so sure of that. I'll give you that we need to see those 20yrd runs he consistently had in his first few years. He had one of those about once a game. Emmitt never had that breakaway speed like Dorsett had. Even the greatest RB's of all time none of them had that breakaway speed. It's more about quickness. Barry Sanders for example. Quickness, consistency and longevity is the 3 keys. You can argue Zeke regressed in the consistency last year. Part of the problem was himself as he didn't take the offseason as serious as he seems to be taking it this year. But then you lose Dak and the entire offensive line and defenses are going to just stack the box against Zeke. We weren't going to win last year without Dak. That's a given. Zeke probably knew that. Now that's no excuse for taking the year off but understandable. I mean these guys can make big bucks the longer than can be productive. They're human.

Praxit

Reaction score
We need to get the game breaking speed back, that threat to take it to the house.
..I dont think, he is that type of runner. More like bounce off or break tackles for extra yardage. On occasion a nice run of 40+. Pollard might have the break-away speed. Zeke is just a durable back. Which is great when it works.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
what threat? 60 yard run. His career long.
Yes, because while that was only a 60 yard TD run, it would have easily been a 75 yard TD run if the drive started at the 25 yard line instead of the 40 yard line. The dude was explosive his rookie year and wasn't getting touched on that play.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Reading some of these comments, and in other threads like this one, I can see why Stephen A. Smith says we have the worst fan-base. :facepalm:
Cowboys fans have a difficult time changing perceptions once created. IMO, Zeke deserves some of the criticisms he gets. Personally, I think he's been a little lazy relying on his natural ability too much to start his career. I've wanted to see him dedicated to his craft. It's been one of my big complaints about him. Now that he's doing something I've been wanting to see from him, I'm not going to continue complaining about it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yes, because while that was only a 60 yard TD run, it would have easily been a 75 yard TD run if the drive started at the 25 yard line instead of the 40 yard line. The dude was explosive his rookie year and wasn't getting touched on that play.

Yep. Zeke also went 80+ yards on a screen pass too. Lol

vicjagger

Reaction score
He looks quicker than those videos from ...where was it....Cabo?

Big_D

Reaction score

An nfl RB who can go 75 yards untouched? That’s unheard of. Explosive would be breaking a few long ones every year. Not 1 run over 50 yards in a 5 year career. This is year 6. What he did in his rookie season doesn’t matter at all.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
An nfl RB who can go 75 yards untouched? That’s unheard of. Explosive would be breaking a few long ones every year. Not 1 run over 50 yards in a 5 year career. This is year 6. What he did in his rookie season doesn’t matter at all.
Well, he did say to get the game breaking speed "back". He had it his rookie year. That's what we want to be regained. :facepalm:

Big_D

Reaction score
Well, he did say to get the game breaking speed "back". He had it his rookie year. That's what we want to be returned. :facepalm:

He went untouched. Every RB in the league can do that. Now we’re pining for his rookie season form where he broke a 60 yarder. Still talking about how “explosive” he was. lol it’s much more than just speed and having an open field.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He went untouched. Every RB in the league can do that. Now we’re pining for his rookie season form where he broke a 60 yarder. Still talking about how “explosive” he was. lol it’s much more than just speed and having an open field.
To argue AGAINST someone else wanting to Zeke's break away speed return, you brought up the 60 yard play. It wasn't just that play during his rookie year. That play did showcase his speed. There were several other plays that year that landed Elliott on the weekly top ball carrier speed list as tracked by NFL Next Gen Stats.

He had speed his rookie year, breakaway speed at that. He had the run YOU brought up, he also had the 83 yard screen pass for TD, and also a 55 yard TD run. He was a threat to take it to the house his rookie year. Are you attempting to claim he wasn't?

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Cowboys fans have a difficult time changing perceptions once created. IMO, Zeke deserves some of the criticisms he gets. Personally, I think he's been a little lazy relying on his natural ability too much to start his career. I've wanted to see him dedicated to his craft. It's been one of my big complaints about him. Now that he's doing something I've been wanting to see from him, I'm not going to continue complaining about it.

He's deserves some of that criticism. You're being fair with that post. Nothing wrong with that. But some just hate on him just be haters. Like say, if he busts a 98 yard run to the 1 yard line and taps his helmet to come out, some here would say "Why did he take himself out?" or "He would've scored if he wasn't so fat!" instead of praising him for that 98 yard run.

Scotman

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of Zeke...but dang these comments are brutal. LOL Brutal, but not completely un-earned.

I'm happy to see these things, though. It looks as if he's working towards taking his role seriously. I don't know that we ever get the rookie RB back, but he'll perform better if he shows up with a proof it attitude.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
You're not very intelligent are you.

Actually I am quite smart. Have the degrees and bank account to back that up too. Thanks for asking. Sorry if my skepticism of Zeke running away from Rubbermaids bothers you. Have a nice day.