Anthony Brown about to get the Connor Williams treatment

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don’t understand how people make it to the NFL and can’t turn their head around, or can’t catch the ball, or can’t block. It’s perplexing

Cmac

Reaction score
Simple: Anthony Brown has NEVER shown he is a good CB in this league, much less a starter.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I've seen more PI penalties called in the NFL this year than ever. Brown isn't bad but every team from here on out is going to be game planning to throw deep on him. They need to get Joseph in period.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I hope Dallas and Brown are smart enough to know that for the remainder of the season he is going to get a big dose of teams just throwing the ball up at him to see how he reacts.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
After that display on Thanksgiving, I firmly believe that AB has now become the "instant pass interference" first down for opposing teams. All they have to do is throw it up in his general direction and the refs will be all be competing to get their flags out. Two of the calls on Thanksgiving were legit. One was borderline and the other was plain ridiculous and was clear it was only called because of "reputation." The one where Brown ran with the receiver and the guy reach out and grabbed his helmet was terrible. Brown actually never did make contact with the guy until the guy grabbed his head. But the flags came out immediately. Then Steratore with the "he didn't get his head around" BS.. He couldn't get his head around because the receiver had hold of it!!! Brown will lead the NFL in PI for the rest of this season.. Book it.. They will have to bench him to get it to stop. Similar to what they had to do with Williams.

4 of his 5 penalties this season took place against the Raiders this past week....and all 4 of those were pass interference penalties.

Brown is giving up 58.7% Comp % to opposing QB's, which is only roughly 2 points higher than Diggs.Brown has missed roughly 9% of tackles whereas Diggs has missed almost 20%......add to that the fact that Lewis is giving up 73% of Comp % and what this says is the Dallas secondary doesn't have many options beyond Brown in spite of his penalties and are in dire need of a legitimate #1 shut down corner opposite of Diggs.

Trendnet

Reaction score
After that display on Thanksgiving, I firmly believe that AB has now become the "instant pass interference" first down for opposing teams. All they have to do is throw it up in his general direction and the refs will be all be competing to get their flags out. Two of the calls on Thanksgiving were legit. One was borderline and the other was plain ridiculous and was clear it was only called because of "reputation." The one where Brown ran with the receiver and the guy reach out and grabbed his helmet was terrible. Brown actually never did make contact with the guy until the guy grabbed his head. But the flags came out immediately. Then Steratore with the "he didn't get his head around" BS.. He couldn't get his head around because the receiver had hold of it!!! Brown will lead the NFL in PI for the rest of this season.. Book it.. They will have to bench him to get it to stop. Similar to what they had to do with Williams.

Jourdan Lewis gave up 7 catches for 161 yards, which is more than Anthony Brown including his penalties. Anthony Brown still has less penalties than Diggs as well.

Surface level fans man.

ondaedg

Reaction score

I've always felt he was the weakest link. Alot of Zoners started talking about how good he had become earlier in the season but I didn't see it. Some of us have become so use to poor dB play that not hearing a guy's name equates to him playing good and being "solid".

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Jourdan Lewis gave up 7 catches for 161 yards, which is more than Anthony Brown including his penalties. Anthony Brown still has less penalties than Diggs as well.

Surface level fans man.

Your picking and choosing. Look over his career. You will not be to impressed with it. CB's are going to get beat, miss tackles and have "OCCASIONAL" PI's. A. Brown career speak mediocre play period, particulary in big games and man coverage.

He started off the season well in Zone coverage or man coverage with a Safety over the top. Al harris should know better! If you are defesne lawyer, there is no way you would feel comfortable defending AB is a solid CB and shouldn't be replaced. He's not good son!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's funny because there were a lot of fans that claimed Brown was the best CB on the roster.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Surface level fans man.
ahh that too many facts and common sense here..lol

truth :hammer:

If it were up to fans around the zone we would have benched or cut half our team and coaches since game 1..

far too emotional for sure..

Creeper

Reaction score

I have been wondering if the Raiders spoke to the refs about the way Brown does not play the ball before the game. There were rumors some teams spoke to the refs about Connor Williams holding and of course we know how many holding calls he got before he was removed. I think one call against Brown should have been, or could have been, holding rather than PI. But I thought the other 3 calls were not consistent with the way other refs have been calling PI in other games. It seems every game I watched this weekend the refs were allowing way more contact without throwing a flag. It could be the league talked to the officials about being so flag happy after the Cowboys-Raiders game but I have no info on that. Watching the Seattle-Washington game last night, clearly the refs were not making themselves the story the way Hochuli's team did on Thanksgiving.

Your take on that last PI call on Brown is 100% correct. The receiver pulled Browns helmet into his chest when that ball was about to hit Brown in the back. It looked to me like he was trying to prevent Brown from turning because he could have easily intercepted that pass. If Brown was the receiver and the Raiders receiver was playing defense, who would have gotten flagged for interference? The Raiders guy because he impeded Brown's ability to catch the ball. And that is how the PI rule is written. Both players have a right to the ball.

khiladi

Reaction score
It's more like the Kevin Smith treatment that started in late 1996.

Please don’t ever insult Kevin Smith like that again. Brown, even with respect to pre-injury KS, is not to be mention in the same galaxy as the all-time great Pre-injury Smith would frustrate the hell out of the like of Jerry Rice. This was Post-Achilles tear Kevin Smith and bad back and many of theme were clear BS calls, only because Deion was on the opposite side. If they were paired healthy, they would have made the LOB look like Falcons secondary under Quinn. OK, that’s hyperbole but you get the point.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
4 of his 5 penalties this season took place against the Raiders this past week....and all 4 of those were pass interference penalties.

Brown is giving up 58.7% Comp % to opposing QB's, which is only roughly 2 points higher than Diggs.Brown has missed roughly 9% of tackles whereas Diggs has missed almost 20%......add to that the fact that Lewis is giving up 73% of Comp % and what this says is the Dallas secondary doesn't have many options beyond Brown in spite of his penalties and are in dire need of a legitimate #1 shut down corner opposite of Diggs.

I didn't say Brown was bad.. or that he sucks or anything so mindless as that. My point is that he has now become a target.. both for opposing QBs and more importantly for the refs. Teams are going top just heave the ball in his general direction knowing that 7 out of 10 times they're going to draw the flag. Even if the contact is minimal Brown is going to get flagged from here on out. He has GOT to fix his technique and quit playing inside out on deep balls. The way to avoid the penalties is to play outside in technique and use the upfield arm to feel for the receiver while you look back for the ball. Brown is fast enough that he doesn't have to just accept receivers getting by him as easily as they do and having himself always bustin it trying to catch up. Just run with them in the first place. Once they commit to the outside route you ride them toward the sideline and make the throw that much harder.. His biggest issue appears to be that he is not great at reading routes.. because he gets caught flat footed several times a game and then has to use that speed to get back to make a play on the ball. He has been decent at doing that most of the year but when you're running full bore to play catchup it makes it easy for the receiver to just slow down in front of you and draw a flag. Yes all of this is easy to say sitting here on the computer.. but Brown and the coaches need to be ready for what is about to happen to him. He is not going to be allowed to continue to play the same way he has all season. They either got to change it up or bench him.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I didn't say Brown was bad.. or that he sucks or anything so mindless as that. My point is that he has now become a target.. both for opposing QBs and more importantly for the refs. Teams are going top just heave the ball in his general direction knowing that 7 out of 10 times they're going to draw the flag. Even if the contact is minimal Brown is going to get flagged from here on out. He has GOT to fix his technique and quit playing inside out on deep balls. The way to avoid the penalties is to play outside in technique and use the upfield arm to feel for the receiver while you look back for the ball. Brown is fast enough that he doesn't have to just accept receivers getting by him as easily as they do and having himself always bustin it trying to catch up. Just run with them in the first place. Once they commit to the outside route you ride them toward the sideline and make the throw that much harder.. His biggest issue appears to be that he is not great at reading routes.. because he gets caught flat footed several times a game and then has to use that speed to get back to make a play on the ball. He has been decent at doing that most of the year but when you're running full bore to play catchup it makes it easy for the receiver to just slow down in front of you and draw a flag. Yes all of this is easy to say sitting here on the computer.. but Brown and the coaches need to be ready for what is about to happen to him. He is not going to be allowed to continue to play the same way he has all season. They either got to change it up or bench him.

I never said you did but simply pointed out the fact that the Dallas secondary as a unit are symbolic of Brown and the dire need to improve the overall group.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
People say "turn and look for the ball", but that's easier said then done, because you don't know where the ball is.

When a QB throws a ball, all benches yell "ball" to signal the CBs. At that point, the ball is just getting in the air. Locate it, determine if you can have a play on it, and if not just concentrate on making the tackle. Panic sets in lots of times when a receiver loses them and they accelerate just to keep pace but sometimes the ball is underthrown and you can get a piece of it if you're looking. It is easier said than done though, I agree.