Anthony Brown - Next Gen Stats Top 10 Coverage Players of 2021

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes when he played slot with byron and chido outside. I liked him in the slot.

To go into further detail. J lew played great outside when chido go injured. And the defense played better. Of course as soon as that bum richard came he benched J lew cuz of height before they even took a practice rep. If given the chance j lew would have taken the outside job he had the confidence and momentum from the end of the previous year
I think I remember arguing with someone about the height difference. It's like an inch!
Lewis just looks better on the edges IMO, and even though Brown isn't THAT much bitter, he seems better vs TEs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Except there was nothing to suggest Heath was a good player. You believe he sucks because you have this warped view of what the cornerback position is in 2022.

Brown played better then I thought last season, but he still isnt a good corner. I will come off my "sucks" soap box, but he is NOT a good corner.

Great backup, solid 3rd corner, but not a good #2. He is the weakness in our secondary. Brown has been in the league more then this year and it hasnt been good.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Any actual metrics you have? Any data? This is just an opinion at this point backed up by no facts

Pull up his metrics from the first 4 years. What do they say? Last year was his best year, but he still isnt a good corner. Great backup, solid #3, but not a good #2.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You would have to imagine that he got more attention because Diggs was a machine, plus others were getting turnovers, So did Brown. And a pick 6.
That's not bad.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
If you counted his 4 pi's for 90 yards as completions im sure it would be worse.
In the grand scale of things not too bad. If i judged you on your worst night i would have to kick you for throwing up too much Hennessey.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The 1st round is epic bad....and to top it off...Gladney just died...that's just...ouch. Jeff Okudah is the real one though that just makes the first round class look terrible.
At least he is still there though lol. Henderson, Arnette and Gladney didn't even make it their 2nd season. Igbinoghene hasn't even played 400 defensive snaps for his career.

Okudah is definitely the worst considering he was a top 5 pick though

ColeBeasley11

BruceCarter54
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. Brown gets dumped on here all the time. The guppies think he should be Champ Bailey. Guy was a 6th rounder and has been a good pro. One of the best 6th round picks in team history.

Where he was picked is irrelevant in an assement of him. He’s constantly getting burned, that’s why we’re all waiting for Joseph to take his job. He’s decent as 3rd/4th guy but as a starter he’s below average to me.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Sounds like awuzie more then Brown.
There were multiple accounts were he was flagged for not turning to the back and interfering. And it most were earlier when the defense was suspect.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Brown got absolutely worked by Brown in the season opener. Good for a 6th round pick? Yes. Trust to start 17 games a season? No.
umm no it lies somewhere in between Star=no elite =no but very solid and fulltime starter umm YES

show me all the cbs who shut down brown especially 6th rounder LOL that like saying all CBs who couldnt cover Hopkins, TO, Rice, Moss, adams, Fitzgerald, Hill and many other HOF type WRs suck..right umm those dudes are elite special for reason as is ABrown as wr nearly uncoverable even by a #1. you need to try and double these guys and then have your #2 and 3 corners take the other guys..isue are when teams have 2-3 great wrs lie TB did..its pick your poison. The Bucs corners sure were struggling against our 3 Wrs weren't they..got lit up just as badly.

again OP said other then the Raiders game Brown had his best season so get over it..hes good as solid starter opposite of Diggs but hopefully KJ and other young bucs eventually take over for him..his demise and accusation of being terrible are wrong. Go show me all the teams that are 4 deep at corner, so after say their best CB how many others they have better then brown as a 2 or 3 lmao.. not many, most likely NONE, this is how teams are set up you have one great one pay them then fill out the roster with solid starters,,

I mean Larry brown and Smith never excited me neither were elite and both were much like Abrown,. thats a fact.

irishline

Reaction score
I dont agree with the article, I watched the games. I cry BS.

Plenty of these PFF type rankings dont jive. This is one of them.

So you agree with stats on Dak and when someone says the watch they watch the games you cry BS

Then when there are stats for a player you don't like you say I watch the games and cry BS.

Interesting. Contradictory. But not unexpected. Blind love and blind hatred for players seems to be a go to. Truth is both lie somewhere between what that hatred and love.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I do not understand this attempt by Cowboy fans to convince people Brown is a good starter ........ he is a great backup and a mediocre starter, do these fans not want to be better than just below average?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Where he was picked is irrelevant in an assement of him. He’s constantly getting burned, that’s why we’re all waiting for Joseph to take his job. He’s decent as 3rd/4th guy but as a starter he’s below average to me.
I agree. Not a top guy but a quality 3/4. The draft status sets expectations. People shouldn’t think he is a Revis.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So you agree with stats on Dak and when someone says the watch they watch the games you cry BS

Then when there are stats for a player you don't like you say I watch the games and cry BS.

Interesting. Contradictory. But not unexpected. Blind love and blind hatred for players seems to be a go to. Truth is both lie somewhere between what that hatred and love.

There are 6 years worth of stats on Dak from every possible angle and metric that shows he is easily a top 10 QB. The eye test also blows it away.

This is article is some measley little metric on one season. Very different.

Is Brown breaking cowboy records, winning rookie of the year, pro bowls ect...ect....ect...?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I challenged someone to pull up these same stats for Browns other 4 seasons. Pull them up and lets see what they say.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I had my battles!
I was a proud fan back then.
I don't hardly wear my gear anymore.
The NFC East was nasty back then. Three of the greatest football teams in the history of the NFL led by Hall of Fame coaches and players. Between 1982 and 1995 Dallas, Washington, and New York had dynasty level franchises. Even the Eagles had one of the best defenses of all time and Randell Cunningham. I miss those days.