Anthony Davis going #3 overall by McShay

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ehhh who cares.....As long as we get Iupati, I am happy.

We can get our tackle after the 1st. His name is Jared Veldheer. Look him up, you will be intrigued to say the least.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
I know the boy may be way outta our range

unless Jerry does some serious trading

I seen him at about draft spot 10 - 15

if thats the case

Matt McGuire's 2010 NFL Mock Draft

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2010matt_1.php

has him going number 9
Buffalo Bills: Anthony Davis, T, Rutgers
Anthony Davis makes the most sense here even though I think this might be a little high for him at the moment

but has us taking

26 Dallas Cowboys: Earl Thomas, FS, Texas
57 Dallas Cowboys: Jon Asamoah, G, Illinois

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2010.php

has him going at 14

San Francisco 49ers: Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

26 Dallas Cowboys: Taylor Mays, S, USC

NOT trade down and pick up two of these

Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame - 35
Jason Fox, OT, Miami - 38
Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida - 52
Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois - 46
Mike Iupati, G, Idaho - 47
Daryl Washington, ILB, TCU - 64

with our 59 pick

Dallas Cowboys Jon Asamoah, G, Illinois

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;3187960 said:
ehhh who cares.....As long as we get Iupati, I am happy.

We can get our tackle after the 1st. His name is Jared Veldheer. Look him up, you will be intrigued to say the least.

I am reading about this kid he ranked 11 outta 150 OT's

Hillsdale College senior offensive tackle Jared Veldheer got some exciting news to close out 2009. On Wednesday December 30th, the pro hopeful was officially invited to the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. Veldheer will compete against the rest of the linemen vying for a spot beginning February 24th.

OT Jared Veldheer, Hillsdale- Could run in the mid 4.8 range at 6’8, 321 pounds and that would make him faster than most tight ends at 50-60 pounds heavier.

Gil Brandt recently ranked him as the 6th best senior Offensive Tackle in the upcoming draft

lifting #425

[youtube]TZUoHh8gupE[/youtube]

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3187992 said:
I know the boy may be way outta our range

unless Jerry does some serious trading

I seen him at about draft spot 10 - 15

if thats the case

has him going number 9
Anthony Davis makes the most sense here even though I think this might be a little high for him at the moment

but has us taking

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2010.php

has him going at 14

San Francisco 49ers: Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

26 Dallas Cowboys: Taylor Mays, S, USC

NOT trade down and pick up two of these

Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame - 35
Jason Fox, OT, Miami - 38
Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida - 52
Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois - 46
Mike Iupati, G, Idaho - 47
Daryl Washington, ILB, TCU - 64

with our 59 pick

Dallas Cowboys Jon Asamoah, G, Illinois

If we were able to get Earl Thomas and Mike Iupati, I think I would have a euphoric reaction.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3187992 said:

has him going number 9

but has us taking

I'm not a big fan of Walter's website, but that draft right there would shickle the tit out of me... there's two players that would fit nicely with the Cowboys...

silverbear

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3188036 said:
I am reading about this kid he ranked 11 outta 150 OT's

Hillsdale College senior offensive tackle Jared Veldheer got some exciting news to close out 2009. On Wednesday December 30th, the pro hopeful was officially invited to the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. Veldheer will compete against the rest of the linemen vying for a spot beginning February 24th.

OT Jared Veldheer, Hillsdale- Could run in the mid 4.8 range at 6’8, 321 pounds and that would make him faster than most tight ends at 50-60 pounds heavier.

lifting #425

[youtube]TZUoHh8gupE[/youtube]

Didn't realize he had that kind of strength... I like him a bit more, now...

However, with that size, if he really DOES run a sub-4.9 40, and impresses with his strength at the combine, he'll shoot up the charts... I can see him eventually going in the 3rd or 4th round if he puts up those kinds of numbers at Indy...

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3188041 said:
I'm not a big fan of Walter's website, but that draft right there would shickle the tit out of me... there's two players that would fit nicely with the Cowboys...

yup me to

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3188047 said:
Didn't realize he had that kind of strength... I like him a bit more, now...

However, with that size, if he really DOES run a sub-4.9 40, and impresses with his strength at the combine, he'll shoot up the charts... I can see him eventually going in the 3rd or 4th round if he puts up those kinds of numbers at Indy...

Gil Brandt recently ranked him as the 6th best senior Offensive Tackle in the upcoming draft

ghst187

Reaction score
I actually think there will be a run on OT's in the first. I suspect Okung, Davis, Campbell, and possibly Black will be gone before we pick in the first, esp if we win a playoff game or two. We'll be fortunate if Iupati is still available when we pick and he'll surely be gone by the first 5 picks in the second.

silverbear

Reaction score
ghst187;3189111 said:
I actually think there will be a run on OT's in the first. I suspect Okung, Davis, Campbell, and possibly Black will be gone before we pick in the first, esp if we win a playoff game or two. We'll be fortunate if Iupati is still available when we pick

Well, if you're right about the run on tackles, that might help push Iupati down to us...

and he'll surely be gone by the first 5 picks in the second.

He's certainly a top 40 pick at the very worst...

ghst187

Reaction score
silverbear;3189135 said:
Well, if you're right about the run on tackles, that might help push Iupati down to us...

He's certainly a top 40 pick at the very worst...

true and OGs rarely go in the first. I'll have zero problem with drafting Iupati in the first if Dez, Rolando, and Haden are already gone. The only problem is Kosier has actually been pretty well and we'd be giving him a pink slip. There are also some other good Gs in this draft, maybe not as elite as Iupati but had in the later rounds. I like the G from Ala (Mike Johnson I think), Brandon Carter Tx Tech, and there are a few more.