Anthony Hitchens LB

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Hey BPA, no wait. Huge impact player, no wait.
Potential difference maker, no wait.

Hey it's the 4th round we are so good and deep let's just
draft a back LB because remember in the season when we
had to take a guy off the street because S. Lee is made of glass. Now,
we don't have to...whew! Load off me mind. Oh, and to boot they reached for him!

Champions make a living in rounds 4-7. Dallas drafts backups and ST.
How bout them Cowboys!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If this guy comes in and helps our defense then who cares what round he is drafted. This guy has a knack for timely big plays, so let's see what he can do first before saying he sucks. I believe in Marinelli and Will

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Has led Iowa the last 2 years, sounds like our back up MLB, caught everybody by surprise but in Willy McClay doing his thing I trust ;)

I love your optimism. IDK. I just watched what little video there is. Looks like a backup MLB. Maybe they do switch SLee outside and put this guy inside. If he starts, this year and they make that move at least it would appear glossy. I would laud it if they took the guy in the 7th.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has led Iowa the last 2 years, sounds like our back up MLB, caught everybody by surprise but in Willy McClay doing his thing I trust ;)

People get worked up when players are not drafted according the media's rankings.

The media does not put much effort into the analysis of mid to late round picks unless they are a recognizable name.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
he was a part of a well coached defensive unit, but he never stood out to me as someone that was going on to the next level. I sure hope I just have no idea what to look for in developmental talent.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Just a quick look at the guys positives will tell you exactly why the Cowboys took him:

"Possessing a compact, athletic frame, Hitchens displays an explosive first step, good balance through contact and agility to redirect quickly in space. Highly physical defender who delivers a pop on contact to fight off blockers, as well as good lateral agility to avoid them. He's also a good fundamental tackler and an effective blitzer who exploits creases in the line and closes quickly in space."

He is exactly the type of LB needed for Marinelli's system.

And speaking for myself, he has some of the traits that I want to get on the defense, like being highly physical and tough.

I don't know how anyone can be upset about taking this guy in the 4th round... unless you just get so caught up in where some mock draft guy at a computer thought he would be drafted.

jnday

Reaction score
Who cares what he is rated if he can play and help the defense not be the worst ever. Romo want drafted, Tom Brady was a 6th the last goes on. He could suck, but give him a chance first

When he could have been picked up later, it was stupid to draft him at this point. It is a matter of getting the most value at every pick.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
When he could have been picked up later, it was stupid to draft him at this point. It is a matter of getting the most value at every pick.

No, at the end of the day, it's all about getting guys that can play and help your team win games. I see what you're saying, and I don't really know why we took a guy in the 4th that could have likely been taken a lot later, but just going by where guys are ranked on a board doesn't ensure anything one way or the other. You could reach for guys who turn out to be great, or you could take guys where they're ranked or later than they're ranked, and they end up being bums. Getting good "value" during the draft is nice, but it doesn't necessarily amount to anything.

I mean, Seattle took Sherman in the 5th round, but at the same time, took James Carpenter in the 1st. If in the end, you put together a winning team, it really doesn't matter.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

You have no idea if he is there or not. Your going by your value or ones experts say. Each team had different view on players cause they have resources we can't see

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hey BPA, no wait. Huge impact player, no wait.
Potential difference maker, no wait.

Hey it's the 4th round we are so good and deep let's just
draft a back LB because remember in the season when we
had to take a guy off the street because S. Lee is made of glass. Now,
we don't have to...whew! Load off me mind. Oh, and to boot they reached for him!

Champions make a living in rounds 4-7. Dallas drafts backups and ST.
How bout them Cowboys!

Seattle was set to take him, 9ers liked him too.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
You have no idea if he is there or not. Your going by your value or ones experts say. Each team had different view on players cause they have resources we can't see

One of the givens every year in the draft, is that once you get to mid rounds, you'll see many "Mel's Best Available" still popping up on the screen for at least a round or two.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Didn't matter what Mel saids you have no idea neither does he about what teams have as best player available. Fred was picked 2 rounds to early guess we should have listened to Mel