Antonio Brown doesn't report to Squealers today

Batman1980

Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Antonio Brown did not report for meetings and film review on Monday.

Ed Bouchette and Gerry Dulac temper the report by saying they are not sure if the absence was excused, but it is still notable considering it came a day after Brown got into it with coaches on the sideline. Brown also tweeted, "Trade me let’s find out," on Monday in response to a tweet from a former Steelers employee questioning how good he would be without Ben Roethlisberger. The most likely outcome here is Brown being at practice Wednesday and suiting up Monday night, but there is a lot of smoke suggesting Brown is not happy.

Source - Rotoworld.com

mattjames2010

Reaction score
116-61 and a ring. He isn't the one who wont pay the players, its the owners.

Antonio Brown isn't having a problem with a contract - he's simply not happy in Pittsburgh.

I don't care about his record, good records don't tell the entire story. His ring? His ring piggybacked off a Bill Cowher defense. Guess what Dallas coach got a ring in 1995? How did the players feel about him? What did Aikman have to say?

Steelers have consistently played down to their competition, they lose to bad teams and continue to flub in the playoffs. Their last super bowl appearance was 8 years ago - in that time span, they have actually missed the playoffs a few times, lost to freakin Tim Tebow, they can't beat the Patriots, and allowed Blake Bortles to play like Joe Montana against them in the 2017 playoffs.

Tomlin is an overrated coach that allow a bad culture to fester. The Rooney's are the only one making a good decision here, not giving a pot head, injury prone, cry baby RB a big contract.

John813

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24723110/agent-says-antonio-brown-want-trade-pittsburgh-steelers

Antonio Brown does not want to be traded by the Steelers and was not with the team Monday because he was dealing with a personal matter, his agent said Tuesday.

Brown got into a sideline confrontation with offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner during Sunday's 42-37 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs and responded 'Trade me let's find out' to a former Steelers staff member who tweeted Brown wouldn't be the same player without quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is meeting with Brown on Tuesday to discuss his absence and other issues surrounding the All-Pro receiver.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Twill and a 2 for AB would be GREAT value. I don't like trading high picks, but that'd be GREAT! Him and Gallup would be LETHAL.
I mean, I'd give up more than that really... He is arguably the top WR in the NFL. I'd go as high as a 2nd and 3rd.... still a heck of a lot cheaper than freaking Roy Williams.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I mean, I'd give up more than that really... He is arguably the top WR in the NFL. I'd go as high as a 2nd and 3rd.... still a heck of a lot cheaper than freaking Roy Williams.

Well, depending on how our record turns out, I don't know how much I'd want to give up. That being said, AB would be a MASSIVE boost to our team, and a 2nd and 3rd would be a BARGAIN. How long is his contract though?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We've been complaining ALL offseason how we don't have great WRs outside of maybe Beasley (a slot chap), and Gallup needs a WR mentor. AB would be the BEST thing that could happen for Gallup here.