Twitter: Antwaun Woods signs with Colts

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Oh I have no doubt he will improve over last year. He was the worst starter in the league last year. I just don’t think he’s any good anymore.

No difference between Woods and Poe last year. That’s how bad he was. Take the name and number off their jerseys and one would have a hard time figuring which was which on game tape.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I’m guessing vet min with little guaranteed money and maybe a few face-saving incentives thrown in for kicks and grins.

I had Woods signing with the Raiders. I guess Chuckie had enough with Marinelli, finally firing him mid-season, and won’t even take a phone call from Marinelli giving a ringing endorsement of Woods.

I thought he would step up last year. He took 5 steps backwards and wasn’t even PS-squad worthy.

Carson

Reaction score
I’m guessing vet min with little guaranteed money and maybe a few face-saving incentives thrown in for kicks and grins.

I had Woods signing with the Raiders. I guess Chuckie had enough with Marinelli, finally firing him mid-season, and won’t even take a phone call from Marinelli giving a ringing endorsement of Woods.

I thought he would step up last year. He took 5 steps backwards and wasn’t even PS-squad worthy.
He may not make the squad. They have about 6-8 DTs lol

John813

Reaction score

He was their DL coach, promoted to DC after Guenther got fired mid season.
The Raiders hired Bradley to be their DC this past January but Rod is still their DL coach.

fwiw

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He was their DL coach, promoted to DC after Guenther got fired mid season.
The Raiders hired Bradley to be their DC this past January but Rod is still their DL coach.

fwiw

Thanks for the info. I remembered a firing and thought it was Marinelli. I’m guessing Marinelli won’t be there much longer either.

conner01

Reaction score
No difference between Woods and Poe last year. That’s how bad he was. Take the name and number off their jerseys and one would have a hard time figuring which was which on game tape.
I totally disagree
Woods actually played fairly solid
Poe did nothing
Poe had 7 tackles

jnday

Reaction score

Wentz will heal him.

Who would have guessed that the Cowboys are so good at drafting that they can use a 6th round pick to draft his replacement and cut Woods without ever seeing the draft pick play one snap of pro football? That is the kind of move that a very confident draft can bring on.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have Super Bowl contenders taking our scraps.

Puts things into perspective.
Does it? It just seems like ordinary player movement in the NFL.

Every team has depth or rotational players, and every team has players they move on from, or players they picked up that moved on from other places. It happens all the time whether a team is a contender or not.

jnday

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I remembered a firing and thought it was Marinelli. I’m guessing Marinelli won’t be there much longer either.
People keep saying that about Marinelli wherever he is coaching. I don’t know if fans expect him to finally retire, get fired or if they expect Father Time to finally catch up with him.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I totally disagree
Woods actually played fairly solid
Poe did nothing

And that is what makes the game so interesting and why we chat about the game of football.

I see something, you see something different. The powers that be dumped him because the draft picks, UFAs, and FAs have more potential. Woods was not likely making the team and not worth taking the risk of him getting injured and collecting two large.

I saw nothing from Woods last year. Nothing. Other than injury, I questioned why he was even active.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
People keep saying that about Marinelli wherever he is coaching. I don’t know if fans expect him to finally retire, get fired or if they expect Father Time to finally catch up with him.

NFL teams keep recycling the same coaches. Real head-scratcher sometimes. ‘It’s a big club, and you aren’t in it.’ - George Carlin.

conner01

Reaction score
And that is what makes the game so interesting and why we chat about the game of football.

I see something, you see something different. The powers that be dumped him because the draft picks, UFAs, and FAs have more potential. Woods was not likely making the team and not worth taking the risk of him getting injured and collecting two large.

I saw nothing from Woods last year. Nothing. Other than injury, I questioned why he was even active.
Woods is not a starter quality player
But as a late round pick he played hard, gave good effort and his team mates loved him
Moving on was a smart move because he was getting expensive and I’m a big believer in moving on from solid to good players and only hanging on to the elite players
Rowdy out played Poe last year and I hate rowdy lol
But you are right
That’s what great about this board and you are a poster who’s post I always read, even if I don’t agree lol