Any chance Crayton got paid?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
LOL. You say that jokingly, but he was beginning to feel the pressure. That's why he sort of rushed and threw it side-armed. He definitely should have hit that pass though.
Yep, he rushed it out.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think the best chance was '06. Not because that was the best team but there was no elite team that year. We beat the champs.

'09 we had a great defense and Romo had a great year. OLine let us down. Against Minny, never saw an OLine get beat like that in my life. Embarrassing.

You're right, no elite teams, but we still sucked. Got stomped twice by the Eagles and who can forget that game at home against the Saints? These are playoff teams we really didn't compete against.

I forgot about the '09 season. But I do remember that Minnesota game. Probably why I forgot about the '09 season :)

glimmerman

Reaction score

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo had two legit chances in his entire career, '07 and '14. Every other year the team just wasn't any good.
The 07 team had the best balance.
But the Pats blew them out by 3TDs earlier that year. I think they could've made the SB, but beating the 19-0 Pats (without the pass rush the Giants had) would've been a tall order.

2014 maybe. But the defense was not good.

I don't get the 2006 argument at all. They were fortunate even to be in playoffs that year and were not playing well late...losing 3 of their last 4 before the playoff.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
2006 was a great opportunity.

I don't believe so. I was upset when we lost in '07, but not so much in '06. We got stomped twice by the Eagles and slaughtered at home against the Saints. Even if we got past Chicago, what are the chances of beating the Saints in New Orleans? I didn't see much improvement with out D by the end of the season, so I'd say none. I'll be honest, I didn't even think we'd win the game had Romo not muffed the snap. Seattle had over a minute to get into FG range.

Flamma

Reaction score
The 07 team had the best balance.
But the Pats blew them out by 3TDs earlier that year. I think they could've made the SB, but beating the 19-0 Pats (without the pass rush thae Giants had) wouldve been a tall order.

2014 maybe. But the defense was not good.

I dont get the 2006 argument at all. They were fortunate even to be in playoffs that year and were not playing well late...losing 3 of their last 4 before the playoff.

I agree. We would have been underdogs in both IMO. I was just pointing out years we had a legit chance at making it to the SB. Brady would have carved up that '14 team.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don't believe so. I was upset when we lost in '07, but not so much in '06. We got stomped twice by the Eagles and slaughtered at home against the Saints. Even if we got past Chicago, what are the chances of beating the Saints in New Orleans? I didn't see much improvement with out D by the end of the season, so I'd say none. I'll be honest, I didn't even think we'd win the game had Romo not muffed the snap. Seattle had over a minute to get into FG range.
No offense, but I really don't understand this mentality. It's like, it's OK to fail now because I don't think we will succeed later. It's not just your post that made me feel this way. It's a mentality I have seen in others too when they are accepting of week 17 loses because they don't believe the team would win in the playoffs anyway.

Flamma

Reaction score
No offense, but I really don't understand this mentality. It's like, it's OK to fail now because I don't think we will succeed later. It's not just your post that made me feel this way. It's a mentality I have seen in others too when they are accepting of week 17 loses because they don't believe the team would win in the playoffs anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like any losses. I just have certain expectations, and with those comes my degree of disappointment when they lose. For example, the '94 loss to the 49ers was a crushing defeat. You can't possibly think I can feel the same way about that loss to Seattle. Or any of those crap 8-8 seasons. There was no hope to be dashed, how could I feel the same about the loss?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I don't like any losses. I just have certain expectations, and with those comes my degree of disappointment when they lose. For example, the '94 loss to the 49ers was a crushing defeat. You can't possibly think I can feel the same way about that loss to Seattle. Or any of those crap 8-8 seasons. There was no hope to be dashed, how could I feel the same about the loss?
I get we all have our opinions and I respect differences of opinions.

For me, I guess it's a chip and a chair mentality. When you get to an elimination game, you can't win next week if you don't win this week. Even the 8-8 crap seasons, if we go to the playoffs we at least have an opportunity to keep extending the season. Nobody thought the Giants had any shot at winning their last 2 SBs. The majority of people were claiming Philly would be one and done last season after Wentz went down and the Philly offense tanked immediately after, but they kept moving forward and improving. So all the season ending losses are disappointing to me.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Romo had two legit chances in his entire career, '07 and '14. Every other year the team just wasn't any good.
in 2014 THAT wasn't on Romo. The home cookin from the refs at GB was the reason. Think about Zeke and Dak etc. Had that call in GB not went against us, it changes this roster drastically. If we go on to win that game we likely go to Dallas and beat Seattle a 2nd time and go on to the SB. We wouldn't have had the chance to draft Zeke or Dak. Things happen for a reason.

DFWJC

Reaction score
in 2014 THAT wasn't on Romo. The home cookin from the refs at GB was the reason. Think about Zeke and Dak etc. Had that call in GB not went against us, it changes this roster drastically. If we go on to win that game we likely go to Dallas and beat Seattle a 2nd time and go on to the SB. We wouldn't have had the chance to draft Zeke or Dak. Things happen for a reason.
True about the Gb loss not being about Tony..

But we still could've had the same draft two years later.
We didn't draft Dak and Zeke until 2016,

kskboys

Reaction score
Seriously, is there any chance Patrick Crayton fixed this game? He ****ed us on the two biggest chances of the day. Starting to believe he conspired.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-super-bowl-but-didnt-even-win-a-playoff-game
The pass across the middle was on Crayton's hip. Very difficult to catch running full speed across the field when having to reach out behind you.

And I have no idea what happened on the long route. Someone misread the D, looks like to me.

Flamma

Reaction score
I get we all have our opinions and I respect differences of opinions.

For me, I guess it's a chip and a chair mentality. When you get to an elimination game, you can't win next week if you don't win this week. Even the 8-8 crap seasons, if we go to the playoffs we at least have an opportunity to keep extending the season. Nobody thought the Giants had any shot at winning their last 2 SBs. The majority of people were claiming Philly would be one and done last season after Wentz went down and the Philly offense tanked immediately after, but they kept moving forward and improving. So all the season ending losses are disappointing to me.

That's fair enough. Like I said, I didn't want to see them lose, I just had little hope. BTW, none of those teams you mentioned were crap. Even that 9-7 Giants team was pretty good by the end of the season and when several defenders came back from injury. When you have a quality team there is always hope.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We didn't draft them until 2016, not sure how losing at GB in the 2014 playoffs affected that.
yes,I'm aware, but all I'm saying is, it may have changed the teams thinking player-wise. Winning affects a whole lot of things. Maybe Romo retires in 2015 instead? If we won the SB...MAYBE HE RETIRED IN 2014-15?

Rayman70

Reaction score
If we won in 2014 up in GB and so on, MAYBE DEMARCO MURRAY is still a Cowboy? Maybe he never is let go...THUS...we never have a shot to draft Zeke. Think about it.

kskboys

Reaction score
And as to the OP's idea, ridiculous. Now go get your tinfoil hat and say 185 hail mary's!!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
True about the Gb loss not being about Tony..

But we still could've had the same draft two years later.
We didn't draft Dak and Zeke until 2016,
hmm..MAYBE, but do you think for 1 second we would allow our bell cow RB walk if we won that game in GB? hell NO! Zeke would not have been our pick. Joey Bosa or Jalen Ramsay would have been. In a way I'm glad we lost that GB game..if anything, because we now have Zeke.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
That's fair enough. Like I said, I didn't want to see them lose, I just had little hope. BTW, none of those teams you mentioned were crap. Even that 9-7 Giants team was pretty good by the end of the season and when several defenders came back from injury. When you have a quality team there is always hope.

I agree they weren't crap. I just used that term because you used it. I thought the teams under-achieved those years. :thumbup:

Flamma

Reaction score
The pass across the middle was on Crayton's hip. Very difficult to catch running full speed across the field when having to reach out behind you.

And I have no idea what happened on the long route. Someone misread the D, looks like to me.

Go to the 5:53 mark, then pause it as it reaches Crayton. It definitely wasn't behind him, either slightly in front or like you said, at the hip. I can't find a better replay. But during the game they had multiple angles if I remember correctly because I remember the throw also being a bit wobbly. Still, he has to make that catch.

Flamma

Reaction score
hmm..MAYBE, but do you think for 1 second we would allow our bell cow RB walk if we won that game in GB? hell NO! Zeke would not have been our pick. Joey Bosa or Jalen Ramsay would have been. In a way I'm glad we lost that GB game..if anything, because we now have Zeke.

I don't believe Bosa was available by the time we picked.