Any chance Crayton got paid?

kskboys

Reaction score

Go to the 5:53 mark, then pause it as it reaches Crayton. It definitely wasn't behind him, either slightly in front or like you said, at the hip. I can't find a better replay. But during the game they had multiple angles if I remember correctly because I remember the throw also being a bit wobbly. Still, he has to make that catch.

Good stuff!!!

I remembered the ball being behind him, but yes, he should've caught it, no doubt.

Flamma

Reaction score
in 2014 THAT wasn't on Romo. The home cookin from the refs at GB was the reason. Think about Zeke and Dak etc. Had that call in GB not went against us, it changes this roster drastically. If we go on to win that game we likely go to Dallas and beat Seattle a 2nd time and go on to the SB. We wouldn't have had the chance to draft Zeke or Dak. Things happen for a reason.

I have one minor nit to pick. The problem is we wouldn't have gone to Dallas to play Seattle, Seattle was the #1 seed. I still think we could have won, just would have been a bit harder a second time at their place, and I believe Cam was back.

Oh, one other thing. What does that season have to do with drafting Dak or Zeke? They came two years later.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Romo had two legit chances in his entire career, '07 and '14. Every other year the team just wasn't any good.

I would say the coaching wasn’t good. In 06 he had a great chance to with real coaching but unfortunately we know how that ended

Flamma

Reaction score
I would say the coaching wasn’t good. In 06 he had a great chance to with real coaching but unfortunately we know how that ended

I like Parcells and he did a lot for the Cowboys recovery process. But he all but played for a FG at the end of that game. Nothing is automatic, and that includes FGs. Play for the TD first, then attempt the FG if you don't get it. I know what he was trying to do, drain the clock and have Seattle use up their timeouts. The problem is, Seattle still had about a 1:20 left to get into FG range. And we all know what happened. I didn't like that decision when your D isn't that good and you leave that much time on the clock.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I have one minor nit to pick. The problem is we wouldn't have gone to Dallas to play Seattle, Seattle was the #1 seed. I still think we could have won, just would have been a bit harder a second time at their place, and I believe Cam was back.

Oh, one other thing. What does that season have to do with drafting Dak or Zeke? They came two years later.
TRICKLE DOWN EFFECT. Do you think we let Murray walk to PHILLY if we beat GB? In my scenario we beat GB in 2014,then we sign Murray to a deal for 2 more years , thus he never leaves until MAYBE the 2017 season. So with that premise, it sure does change our draft strategy in 2015 AND 2016...even if we only win a couple games or whatever in 2015 and we still draft high in 2016, do you STILL think we are entertaining the idea of drafting Zeke with Murray here? I do not. I think Jalen Ramsey would be the pick. PLUS I am not so sure we draft Dak either...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Nah, he just had a bad game. Always liked Crayton, but he just didn't make the catches needed.

A bad memory during a season we probably should have been in the Super Bowl. No doubt in my mind we would have went and beat Green Bay.

Flamma

Reaction score
TRICKLE DOWN EFFECT. Do you think we let Murray walk to PHILLY if we beat GB? In my scenario we beat GB in 2014,then we sign Murray to a deal for 2 more years , thus he never leaves until MAYBE the 2017 season. So with that premise, it sure does change our draft strategy in 2015 AND 2016...even if we only win a couple games or whatever in 2015 and we still draft high in 2016, do you STILL think we are entertaining the idea of drafting Zeke with Murray here? I do not. I think Jalen Ramsey would be the pick. PLUS I am not so sure we draft Dak either...

GB was just the divisional round. We still had to go and beat Seattle again at their place to make it to the Super Bowl. Had we done that, then yes, I agree, no Zeke. But otherwise I don't see anything changing by beating GB.