Any Chance For Colt Mccoy To Be A Cowboy Next Year?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CATCH17;3137847 said:
You're underestimating his arm strength.

Its not that good but is at worst average.

Hes got a stronger arm than Sam Bradford and you saw all the salivating going on about that guy.

I think Bradford is gonna be lousy too.

But I do think Bradford has a little more zip on hsi throws than McCoy does.

RS12

Reaction score
Kiss of death, SN article says Lil Danny boy scouting McCoy and Claussen.:laugh1:

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3136791 said:
McCoy will be the top QB of this draft class in the NFL, book it.

Clausen, no better than Stafford.

Locker, no better than David Garrard.

McCoy and Bradford are where the real potential lies.

That is maybe the most hideously ridiculously bad comparison between football players I have ever seen.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Bradford is tall and has great, great accuracy, which might be the most important quality for a pro QB. Of course, his shoulder has to prove healthy.

McCoy is just another decent athlete who has no chance to be a good NFL Qb.

Shady12

Reaction score
My take on McCoy. He has the physical tools to be a starting NFL qb. His arm is good enough. I mean, did anyone see the bomb to Shipley earlier in the season where he threw 50 yards almost on a line? He's big enough to where his size won't have a negative effect. And he'll be one of the most mobile qb's in the league in terms of pocket presence and scrambling ability. Absolutely deadly outside the pocket.

He's accurate on short and mid-range stuff. His deep accuracy is hit and miss, but that's hard to gauge due to small sample size, they don't go deep that much. And while he's accurate, I don't know if his "fit the ball in a tiny space" accuracy is good enough. His balls are usually catchable but not always perfect, so guys don't always catch in stride.

Also he will sometimes lock on to guys, decide where he's going before the snap(Shipley)..and doesn't seem to read the D all that quick when the ball is snapped. But maybe that's because he locks on to a guy beforehand then doesn't have time to read..if so that's correctable.

I think he's got a shot to be a legit starting option in the league but not sure I'd drop a first rounder on him, maybe towards the end if I was looking to replace a starter in 2-3 seasons.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3145572 said:
Bradford is tall and has great, great accuracy, which might be the most important quality for a pro QB. Of course, his shoulder has to prove healthy.

McCoy is just another decent athlete who has no chance to be a good NFL Qb.

But does he have great accuracy when he is pressured?

Thats the question.

At Oklahoma we saw him play behind one of the best pass protecting Olines of all time in a terrible defensive conference.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;3149813 said:
But does he have great accuracy when he is pressured?

Thats the question.

At Oklahoma we saw him play behind one of the best pass protecting Olines of all time in a terrible defensive conference.

Tom Brady doesn't

not saying Bradford is Brady, but if you're getting protection and get the ball out there quickly...

Shady12

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3149826 said:
Tom Brady doesn't

not saying Bradford is Brady, but if you're getting protection and get the ball out there quickly...

I think Brady has much better pocket presence though. He'll slide away from pressure where Bradford will get nailed.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3149826 said:
Tom Brady doesn't

That is true but we're talking about a guy who doesn't have the greatest arm strength and ran a spread system in College behind one of the best pass protecting Olines ever vs horrible defenses.

I'll admit if you give Bradford time he can throw an accurate football. But who couldn't?