Any Chance For Colt Mccoy To Be A Cowboy Next Year?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
not after we spent a 2009 4th rounder on some scrub from A&M

DFWJC

Reaction score
no....maybe not even if he slips to the 5th round.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
McCoy will be the top QB of this draft class in the NFL, book it.

Clausen, no better than Stafford.

Locker, no better than David Garrard.

McCoy and Bradford are where the real potential lies.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3136791 said:
McCoy will be the top QB of this draft class in the NFL, book it.

Clausen, no better than Stafford.

Locker, no better than David Garrard.

McCoy and Bradford are where the real potential lies.

Garrard >>>>>McCoy....book it.

Silverstar

Reaction score
McCoy is a top 15 prospect right now. If he beats Bama he'll be top 10 for sure, and maybe top 5 depending on his performance. Also, I think he's a much better prospect than Sanchez.

Even at 8-8 (God forbid!) the Cowboys would still have to trade up for McCoy. If that nightmare scenario happens, you might as well trade Romo along with our pick and just start over with a new HC, OC (playbook) and McCoy in 2010.

Horrible to imagine, but with an 8-8 record all hell is gonna break loose and even Romo won't escape the wrath IMO.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Silverstar;3136857 said:
McCoy is a top 15 prospect right now. If he beats Bama he'll be top 10 for sure and maybe top 5 depending on his performance. Also, I think he's a much better prospect than Sanchez.

Even at 8-8 (God forbid!) the Cowboys would still have to trade up for McCoy. If that nightmare scenario happens, you might as well trade Romo along with our pick and just start over with a new HC, OC (playbook) and McCoy in 2010.

Horrible to imagine, but with an 8-8 record all hell is gonna break loose and Romo won't escape the wrath IMO.
I've seen several Mocks with no Colt in the 1st round....I even posted one yesterday. But yes, I have seen him in a few lingering around 20th or so.

I'm a McCoy fan, but am not so sure about him at the next level. But I'm pulling for him as much or more than any other player to make it.

I could not disagree more with your insinuation that we would ever consider Colt over Romo.

But local fans do love thier favorites---the Governor of Florida was moronic enough to come out and say Jacksonville needs to draft Tebow. I think Garrard is good, but Romo is better.

update....
I just pulled up 6 mock drafts. 4 of 6 had Colt out of the 1st round but one had him as high as #12 to Jacksonville. However, another one did not have McCoy in the 1st three rounds. There are a LOT of decent QBs coming out this year.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CowboysFanStore;3136724 said:
It Could Happen But Not Likely.

I wouldnt ant him in any round, especially early.

1- we dont need a QB

2- he isnt going to be any good anyway

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Silverstar;3136857 said:
McCoy is a top 15 prospect right now. If he beats Bama he'll be top 10 for sure, and maybe top 5 depending on his performance. Also, I think he's a much better prospect than Sanchez.

homer much?

McCoy isnt going to a Cowboy...no way, no how...

Horrible to imagine, but with an 8-8 record all hell is gonna break loose and even Romo won't escape the wrath IMO.

I dont care what the record is, McCoy is not even in the same galaxy as Romo when it comes to NFL passing ability.

Silverstar

Reaction score
DFWJC;3136865 said:
I've seen several Mocks with no Colt in the 1st round....I even posted one yesterday. But yes, I have seen him in a few lingering around 20th or so.

I'm a McCoy fan, but am not so sure about him at the next level. But I'm pulling for him as much or more than any other player to make it.

I could not disagree more with your insinuation that we would ever consider Colt over Romo.

But local fans do love thier favorites---the Governor of Florida was moronic enough to come out and say Jacksonville needs to draft Tebow. I think Garrard is good, but Romo is better.

update....
I just pulled up 6 mock drafts. 4 of 6 had Colt out of the 1st round but one had him as high as #12 to Jacksonville. However, another one did not have McCoy in the 1st three rounds. There are a LOT of decent QBs coming out this year.

Like I said, a lot has to happen for the Cowboys to even consider McCoy in 2010.

An 8-8 record for example (5 game losing streak), complete with a total Romo meltdown, a Championship for McCoy, the hiring of a new HC (not named Garrett) and suddenly, all those mocks you cited will be telling a different story...at least for Dallas.

For this whole chain reaction to occur, the Cowboys must finish an unthinkable 8-8 first and I want them to finish 15-4...if you catch my drift. :)

Anyway, the question was asked and I gave my possible scenario.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
None at all. We won't look for a QB unless Kitna retires or leaves.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;3136910 said:

1- we dont need a QB

:signmast:

he isnt going to be any good anyway

:laugh1:

to funny the people that think he will be any good - I don't see him even as good as Chrissy Simms

Silverstar

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3136993 said:
he isnt going to be any good anyway

:laugh1:

to funny the people that think he will be any good - I don't see him even as good as Chrissy Simms

Based on what?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;3136910 said:

1- we dont need a QB

he's a glorified Jason White

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think this is a deep QB class. I wouldn't mind snagging a guy.

RS12

Reaction score

You better put the pipe down. At best a reincarnation of Jeff Garcia. Career backup written all over him.