Any chance rush signs an extension?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think it will come down to every phase. We can't miss FGs or shank punts. The defense has to be playing elite (they have been) and you're right the O line has to be strong. I feel like the O line has been a mostly positive surprise. Plus the 12 personal package is nice. 2 TEs to help, plus Brown a underrated blocker imo.

I agree. You mention every phase, likely because people are focusing on those two potential INTs. But that happens to every QB. Even Aaron Rogers throws picks. It's going to take a team effort in all phases. Everyone has to minimize mistakes and elevate other players to win.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I agree. You mention every phase, likely because people are focusing on those two potential INTs. But that happens to every QB. Even Aaron Rogers throws picks. It's going to take a team effort in all phases. Everyone has to minimize mistakes and elevate other players to win.
Not only do all QBs throw picks, but you can't really count INTs that never happened. I'm pretty happy with how they have played.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Honestly at this point I think it might be too late. But is there any reasonable amount of money we could offer him to keep him around after this season?

Honestly his agent is probably seeing $$$ so I think he’s probably goin into free agency at the end of the year no matter what.

But I really hope we can give this guy a multi year deal for a reasonable amount.
MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, M-O-N-E-Y, M-O-N-E-Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Honestly at this point I think it might be too late. But is there any reasonable amount of money we could offer him to keep him around after this season?

Honestly his agent is probably seeing $$$ so I think he’s probably goin into free agency at the end of the year no matter what.

But I really hope we can give this guy a multi year deal for a reasonable amount.
I highly doubt he gets starter money, but he is for sure getting a raise next year.

A high-end backup that can come in and win you some games is a valuable commodity in the NFL.

Think Bridgewater in Miami, he is getting around $6 mill this season to backup Tua. I could see Rush getting that level of contract next yr.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Rush is NOT going to be a hot commodity in free agency, contrary to what some delusional fans think. He’s done better than we ever imagined. Most fans were mad when he was signed to the practice squad, thinking we could do better. No team is going to offer him a starting gig….period. There may be teams that would like to have him as a backup, but he’s not looking at a huge contract that Jerry can’t fit under our cap.

The big question will be do you want to sign him to a contract that makes him your backup for 3-4 years, or do you continue looking for more talented QBs (arm and mobility) to develop. If the front office still thinks Dak is the long term answer, you sign Rush. If you are concerned that Dak may need to be replaced in 2-3 years or whatever is possible, then you draft a QB with a high ceiling and start developing him. You are never going to plan on Cooper as your franchise QB.

This

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
fans that need to have their cataracts removed. Fans NOT GMS, Owners, current and Ex-players nor Media none are saying Rush is better, all say Dak derives his job back.

fans maybe split but that half that think Rush is better need eye surgery's, Rush is playing above expectations and the recipient of great defense, better play calls, better OL lay, less Penalty's, less mistakes ie dropped passes, more open WRs, a better FG kicker etc etc etc you know lie 11-5 Matt castle, Nick Foles, Trent Dilfer, matt flynn, and many others , they go elsewhere start and fail..its a mirage

you give dak that he also win and most likely its over by the 3rd qtr, pull and rest the starters..
Dak literally plays on the same team. What do you mean "give Dak that?" He LITERALLY HAS THAT. Amazing how much better all those things suddenly got when he wasn't playing.