Any dark horse NFC teams this season?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFC South has 4 possible dark horses. Any of those teams can get the first pick in next years draft or get double digit wins next season.
The Saints will win the south. Finally got a QB to replace Brees.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I’ve got one no one has mentioned yet.

Played in the best division in football, and didn’t have a losing record. Got swept by none of the 3 divisional round playoff teams in their division. Only team to beat Jalen Hurts last year other than Kansas City. Blew out the Dallas Cowboys. Beat the playoff Jaguars. Beat the Packers. Lost on a last second FG to Minnesota. Came an inch from taking NYG’s playoff spot. Went 6-3-1 in games Carson Wentz didn’t start, even though Heinecke was the 27th best QB in football last year. Had a span where they won 6 of 7 games.

All this with bad QB play. If Sam Howell is even just mediocre, they could very well be an 11 win team. They have the D, the pass rush, the Oline, the run game, and some decent offensive weapons.

plasticman

Reaction score
Eagles, 49ers, Cowboys - likely one of these teams will represent the NFC in the super bowl this season.
But there are some others that intrigue. The Lions, the Falcons, for example. Maybe the Giants or Vikings? I'm looking for the NFC surprise team that will get all the way to the NFC championship.
I'm also on the record as predicting that the Jaguars will win the Super Bowl and it will be the of the most obnoxious Trevor Lawrence Worship Era you can imagine.
I'm just trying to wrap my head around which NFC team will be the Super Bowl runner up.
Is it just me, or does Trevor Lawrence look like Prince Charming in the Shrek movies?

I agree that Jacksonville will take a huge leap but I think they are one more season away from the Super Bowl.

The Detroit Lions are an emerging power in the NFC.

Motorola

Reaction score
I’ve got one no one has mentioned yet.

Played in the best division in football, and didn’t have a losing record. Got swept by none of the 3 divisional round playoff teams in their division. Only team to beat Jalen Hurts last year other than Kansas City. Blew out the Dallas Cowboys. Beat the playoff Jaguars. Beat the Packers. Lost on a last second FG to Minnesota. Came an inch from taking NYG’s playoff spot. Went 6-3-1 in games Carson Wentz didn’t start, even though Heinecke was the 27th best QB in football last year. Had a span where they won 6 of 7 games.

All this with bad QB play. If Sam Howell is even just mediocre, they could very well be an 11 win team. They have the D, the pass rush, the Oline, the run game, and some decent offensive weapons.
Plus a new OC comes in --- Eric Bieniemy.
No kudos given to him during his time in KC while the Chiefs' continue their outstanding run (thus contributing to not getting a HC position).
Expect the new Commanders OC to come in and elevate that offense.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Badly overstating the Commanders' talent.

The defense is alright, but the OL stinks and they can't run the ball. They have a decent WR corps, but it's unproven, and they've got an entirely new offensive staff. They might win 9 games but they're not a contender.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Lions to me will make another move forward..Dan has them playing well
they also got gibbs who I thought was the best rb in the draft, so they might have a good run game to rely on.
I predict they make the playoffs.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Plus a new OC comes in --- Eric Bieniemy.
No kudos given to him during his time in KC while the Chiefs' continue their outstanding run (thus contributing to not getting a HC position).
Expect the new Commanders OC to come in and elevate that offense.
will be interesting, but wash is low on talent, and disorganized.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they also got gibbs who I thought was the best rb in the draft, so they might have a good run game to rely on.
I predict they make the playoffs.
Every team that faces them needs to look at their 17th game of the season when they were already out of contention. Any team that plays like that for their HC is a dangerous animal.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Lions to me will make another move forward..Dan has them playing well

I completely agree. I think they will win the NFC North. If we want to talk about making a WC spot, I would say keep an eye on Chicago. I think they could sneak the 7th seed. I think Fields and DJ Moore will make quite the duo. I think they'll get promptly blown out by whoever the 2nd seed is, but I could see them as a sleeper to make the playoffs.

As for a sleeper to make it to the NFCC, I could see the Lions doing that. Mind you, they narrowly lost to Philly last year in a game they really should've won. I think they will win their first playoff game since the 91-92 season, and I think their ceiling is the NFCC. I think they'll get owned there, but hey, I could see them making it.