Any Dish network subscribers here being affected by Fox?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Fox in Austin has pull the channel from Dish
Really blows for those of us outside the metro.
Free streaming?
Go to antennaweb.org or tvfool.com and get an antenna at Walmart, Home Depot, or Lowes. (Or the internet. Or google some plans and make a very good one for cheap with hardware store materials.). Then scan for channels and you're good.

It's an even better picture than satellite or cable, and it's a great backup for storms anyway.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i dont know about anyone else but sunday ticket was the biggest waste of money

i got no cowboys games not even the 1pm ones because even though im over a thousand miles from texas its a “local broadcast” to them

If a game is shown on a local statin it will not be on the DTV station. No matter where yo live.
You should have seen it on the local station
I live 7 miles from the stadium, but even when I had SUnday ticket, it was on the local FOX station and not on the DTv channels. But I could watch it on FOX or CBS.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Both Dish and Direct are trash and leeches.

It takes work, but get away from the pair of them.

Eventually Hulu and Sling will morph into being clones except streaming, so you have some time.
I agree. I cancelled directv in feb. I miss having dvr but other than that I don’t miss it one bit.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Awesome link. Never heard of that. I’ve been using either reddit and sometimes YouTube. Hard to find a good stream sometimes on both though.
It works well and almost never gives me any issues. You kind of have to struggle with pop ups sometimes but I can watch any sport, anywhere.

Great for football.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
It works well and almost never gives me any issues. You kind of have to struggle with pop ups sometimes but I can watch any sport anywhere.

Great for football.

Working great so far. Found a stream for mlb network which I haven’t been able to find since June or July.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Working great so far. Found a stream for mlb network which I haven’t been able to find since June or July.
Every now and then it will freeze and I’ll have to get out and re-open the game but most of the time, I just open up a game, pick a server, and watch the entire game with no hiccups.

I’ve used it for a couple of years now.

Glad you like it.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Every now and then it will freeze and I’ll have to get out and re-open the game but most of the time, I just open up a game, pick a server, and watch the entire game with no hiccups.

I’ve used it for a couple of years now.

Glad you like it.
Thanks again for sharing it!

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
A wise man once said "if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a dodgeball."

Same thing with satellite and local channels. If you can use a satellite, you can use an antennae to pick up the channel. It is up to you to find the sweet spot in your house when using the indoor antennae and a good antennae.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Fox in Austin has pull the channel from Dish
Really blows for those of us outside the metro.
Free streaming?
FOX must be sticking it to ALL these cable and satellite providers for them to carry FOX programming content. I hadn’t had my FOX affiliate since June 1 and just got it back today.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
FOX must be sticking it to ALL these cable and satellite providers for them to carry FOX programming content. I hadn’t had my FOX affiliate since June 1 and just got it back today.

During your time, it didn't mean anything to have FOX. June is dead for Fox. Now, Fox means everything to a lot of people at the moment and it is smart for Fox to do this at this time.

Eventually, Fox will get what they want and the consumer will have to pay. The question is when will it get resolved.

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
Me. I been wanting to watch Skip and Shannon all week and keep forgetting when you flip to channel 150 all you see are words.

No offense intended, but how can you watch that crap? It's all fake hot takes and yelling to get views and raise eyebrows. Again this is all just my opinion but Skip is one of the biggest hacks there is along with Cowherd. Cannot stand either of them.

They both were on the Anti-Romo train way back in the day because he liked to wear his hat backwards gimme a break. I REFUSE to respect your football opinions if you're basing them on stuff like that.

And Skip was a cowboys hater for YEARS because it got him views and was the trendy attitude to have (that and he hated Aikman and later T.O). Now he's turned heel and likes/roots for them because it riles up other fans and guests and makes for controversial tv with him repping us and everyone else hating on us.

I dislike them so much I'd rather waste my time trying to convince other people to not watch them than I would just watching them lol.

Edit: oh yeah forgot to mention Skip was one of the ones leading the whole "Romo is a choker and not clutch" bs for the longest time.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
No offense intended, but how can you watch that crap? It's all fake hot takes and yelling to get views and raise eyebrows. Again this is all just my opinion but Skip is one of the biggest hacks there is along with Cowherd. Cannot stand either of them.

They both were on the Anti-Romo train way back in the day because he liked to wear his hat backwards gimme a break. I REFUSE to respect your football opinions if you're basing them on stuff like that.

And Skip was a cowboys hater for YEARS because it got him views and was the trendy attitude to have (that and he hated Aikman and later T.O). Now he's turned heel and likes/roots for them because it riles up other fans and guests and makes for controversial tv with him repping us and everyone else hating on us.

I dislike them so much I'd rather waste my time trying to convince other people to not watch them than I would just watching them lol.
Ha ha!

Yes. They’re both very obnoxious and it appears to be an act, but they talk Cowboys seemingly the entire show so I confess to watching it often.

Was skip really a hater? That seems very possible. He has his wife on and she talked all about him being a spurs fan, but never mentioned the Cowboys.

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
I have a 9.99 antenna from Home Depot.

I get cbs, Fox and ABC in HD for all of the local Sunday games and the Sunday night game.

I sprung for one of the fancy 25 dollar ones from Walmart. I get all the locals like you mentioned in hd and about 20 other random channels that also air (quest, escape, crime channels, etc).

It's awesome I get cooking shows, nature stuff, tons of crime shows, plus all the normal football you'd get on cable. Can't believe I used to pay 100+ for direct TV. Never going back, like most on here I just stream the games I don't get and plug it into my big screen with an HDMI.