Any Given Day

Blitzen

Reaction score
See, I enjoy the Cinderella stories like Tennessee this season. Winning versus the defending champs and the behemoth in Baltimore. Freaking amazing. Sells people on the any given Sunday crap.

NY Giants amazing defense and strong running game, accompanied by an injury to Tom Brady, a miraculous catch and somehow people get the idea that the barely got ins really have a significant chance. Facts say that your team will consistently have a significant chance at the SB if you have either an elite defense (the hardest way to build a championship team) or an elite QB. This team has neither which tells me and should tell ownership what needs to be done to get there. But they can sell hope to fools willing to buy at any price.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I say we pay our mediocre QB like he’s one of the 5 best guys in football.

Who cares about Super Bowls anymore? I just want what is best for the Jerry’s business.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The Titans had a backup QB at QB. The Cowboys have a franchise QB in Dak.

The Titans have a good Defense. The Cowboys did not.

The Titans have a good coaching staff. The Cowboys did not.

Big difference.

So much for the comparison. Epic fail.

Meanwhile one of the other teams playing today, the 49ers have a highly paid QB who is no better than Dak and actually is measurably worse, than Dak. Yet has made it to an NFC title game.

but that goes ignored.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Meanwhile one of the other teams playing today, the 49ers have a highly paid QB who is no better than Dak and actually is measurably worse, than Dak. Yet has made it to an NFC title game.

but that goes ignored.
He said elite defense, run game or elite QB,
not both
The 49ers have an elite defense and run game

Also, their QB makes 27.5 m/year, not the 35+ being discussed.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Speaking of any given Sunday, I wonder if this will be one of those Sundays where the Packers fall behind and then have some favorable calls go in their favor.

HungryLion

Reaction score
not both

I was addressing the comments made by others in the thread.

Garrapolo’s was also one of the highest QB contracts at the time he signed it. QB contracts go up every year. That’s common knowledge

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
not both

He signed a few years ago which was most in the league at the time. As salary cap goes up, do does market price on players. Had Dallas just signed Dak to the 30-33 million before Wentz/Goff they wouldn't be in this situation and Dak would barely be top 5 paid. If Mahomes and Watson sign next than Dak price goes up again, had Dak signed first than he would be maybe top 10.......... but yet when some of us said sign him back then to 28-30 million, the hate Dak club wanted to let him play it out. Now they complain about the price it's going to cost.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He signed a few years ago which was most in the league at the time. As salary cap goes up, do does market price on players. Had Dallas just signed Dak to the 30-33 million before Wentz/Goff they wouldn't be in this situation and Dak would barely be top 5 paid. If Mahomes and Watson sign next than Dak price goes up again, had Dak signed first than he would be maybe top 10.......... but yet when some of us said sign him back then to 28-30 million, the hate Dak club wanted to let him play it out. Now they complain about the price it's going to cost.

That was one of the biggest arguments then. Ok, wait to sign Dak. But if he doesn’t fall on his face, the price will only go up.

Now here we are.....

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I’m just enjoying watching the league’s highest paid bus driver make the #2 QB squirm in his own hometown....:laugh:

DFWJC

Reaction score
I’m just enjoying watching the league’s highest paid bus driver make the #2 QB squirm in his own hometown....:laugh:
Deebo Samual is coming around, but SF isn't known for having many WRs
Garoppolo did just fine this year with what he had
103 QB rating
About 4000 yards
27 TDs, 13 ints

Not bad

But yeah, when you have a great defense, run game, and weak WRs, the smart thing to do is drive the bus.
Its worked perfectly

TheHerd

Reaction score

but that goes ignored.
Top 10 picks across the DL. And CBs who can tackle. I wanted Buckner at #4, would have been a great pick.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Deebo Samual is coming around, but SF isn't known for having many WRs
Garoppolo did just fine this year with what he had
103 QB rating
About 4000 yards
27 TDs, 13 ints

Not bad

But yeah, when you have a great defense, run game, and weak WRs, the smart thing to do is drive the bus.
Its worked perfectly

His receivers and TE lead the league in yards after catch. Lowest passing yds in the league without YaC to inflate the product.. He’s a Jag

TheHerd

Reaction score
not both

We have elite ... can't think of anything

HungryLion

Reaction score
Top 10 picks across the DL. And CBs who can tackle. I wanted Buckner at #4, would have been a great pick.

Yes. They were very smart to invest so heavily into their DL. It’s a dominant unit.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
That was one of the biggest arguments then. Ok, wait to sign Dak. But if he doesn’t fall on his face, the price will only go up.

Now here we are.....
Yep, we mentioned it over and over but I was told it's because we want to over pay Dak.......... maybe some will understand now it was to get him on a lower contract. Hard to argue with Dak haters that don't use their brain.

Hopefully we get Dak signed before the contract goes up even more. Brady, Rivers and Eli are all veteran QBs hitting free agency this year and have no clue what they sign for.

Blitzen

Reaction score
The Titans had a backup QB at QB. The Cowboys have a franchise QB in Dak.

The Titans have a good Defense. The Cowboys did not.

The Titans have a good coaching staff. The Cowboys did not.

Big difference.

So much for the comparison. Epic fail.

Yes, cause those things are measurable. The Titans have a good coaching staff? By what standards? That they happened to make the AFC championship game. If they don't make it next year, they are still a good coaching staff? Seriously, I've got no love for Jason Garrett but he was not epically bad at coaching. He was average to good. Like our team. That Titans team caught lightning in a bottle for awhile when it mattered most. Would you bet that they make the same run in the next 5 years?

Seriously, the homers like you hate admitting that I'm right. This team is likely a good team for the next 10 years with zero super bowl appearances in any season without massive changes to the roster. Either on the defense side or the QB. If you give Dak a big contract, the team will need multiple top ten picks to build that elite defense. You can only spend what you have. Either you blow it up and start over. Or keep the status quo. 10-6 ish with multiple playoff appearances. The new legacy. I don't hate Dak. No one does. I hate accepting mediocrity and losers that perpetuate it.