Any Harry Potter fans out there?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have never even heard of those...where in the heck did you find them?

Off the top of my head...

I liked X-Men
IronMan
The Avengers
The Hulk
Daredevil
Conan
Secret Wars
Sometimes Thor

Of the DC Lineup I kind of liked the New Teen Titans
Arak (although that did not last long I think).

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Read the book over the weekend.

Much more fill in and background info to tie things together and prepare for the last book.
I agree with you that this book is designed to set up the 7th and last.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I hope and part of me thinks the ending was a set up. I know it happened but I don't think it's as it appears. I liked it much better than the "Order of the Pheonix" I'd say this one ranks around the third best in the series. First being Goblet next for me would be Prisoneer and then this One....

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jksmith269 said:
I hope and part of me thinks the ending was a set up. I know it happened but I don't think it's as it appears. I liked it much better than the "Order of the Pheonix" I'd say this one ranks around the third best in the series. First being Goblet next for me would be Prisoneer and then this One....

I too think part of it was a setup or at the least the bad guy did something that dumbledore asked him to do if a certain situation popped up.

jksmith269

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I too think part of it was a setup or at the least the bad guy did something that dumbledore asked him to do if a certain situation popped up.
The thing I hate most about it is waiting over a year and with JK sometimes 2 to find out if we are right or wrong. Something just doesn't feel right. Like why save him earlier just to knock him off now? I mean didn't he say he would have Died if not for....

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
The thing I hate most about it is waiting over a year and with JK sometimes 2 to find out if we are right or wrong. Something just doesn't feel right. Like why save him earlier just to knock him off now? I mean didn't he say he would have Died if not for....

They spoiled the ending on XM Radio this morning... wanna know? ;)

Bizwah

Reaction score
More Potter fans out there than I could've guessed.

I finished last night. I agree that it was a set up....lots of "filler" stuff. I agree with the above poster, it was better than Order (which I was rather disappointed in).

I would rank the books like this:
1. The Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Goblet of Fire
3. Half-Blood Prince
4. Sorcerer's Stone
5. Order of the Phoenix
6. Chamber of Secrets

I do have a question........Spoiler material!!!!!!!! Scroll below

Do you think Snape killed Dumbledore on Dumbledore's orders? It certainly seemed like that was a possibility. I always considered Snape to be a "bad" guy. I always thought he was working for Voldemort. But now, I'm not so sure.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bizwah said:
More Potter fans out there than I could've guessed.

I finished last night. I agree that it was a set up....lots of "filler" stuff. I agree with the above poster, it was better than Order (which I was rather disappointed in).

I would rank the books like this:
1. The Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Goblet of Fire
3. Half-Blood Prince
4. Sorcerer's Stone
5. Order of the Phoenix
6. Chamber of Secrets

I do have a question........Spoiler material!!!!!!!! Scroll below

Do you think Snape killed Dumbledore on Dumbledore's orders? It certainly seemed like that was a possibility. I always considered Snape to be a "bad" guy. I always thought he was working for Voldemort. But now, I'm not so sure.

I did not care for OOTP the first time I read it but after the second reading I liked it better the Goblet of Fire and rank it only behind POB.

But to your question...that is exactly what I think happend. I think it is the reason DD froze harry and I think when DD said Severus Please it was him pleading for severus to keep his word and kill him for some reason.

jksmith269

Reaction score
So since the cat's out of the bag here....

You think DD thought it more important for snape to keep hidden than for himself to live? I don't know I mean what is the possibility that snape now that DD is gone (I still don't think he's actually dead) would not go back to the Dark Lord? What is his reason for staying on DD's side unless he had one of the promisses with DD as well. DD didn't even try is why I don't think he's dead it was just tooo easy IMO.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
While many things are possible I think it would have never been possible for Harry to start taking charge of his life and the mission with DD around so I think it was a pretty much a must that DD had to go...

I really don't like snape so whether he is good or evil I won't shed tears if he happens to get caught in the cross fire