Any interest in DeSean Jackson as a speed threat and safety net

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Guy is a head case, we have done a lot to change the culture of this team, last thing this team needs is 10 cent brain player.

RonWashington

Reaction score
This would be the only reason I would so it. If he's strictly a ST player and punt and kick returner. I don't like Lamb doing it or Pollard. Lamb or Pollard gets hurt then our team takes a blow. If we bring in DJax for return duty then I'm in.

Is the Switzer kid we traded to get Austin still in the NFL i thought he had potential

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Jackson wanted out of LA, his home town, because he wasn't getting enough playing time. How much action would he get with Cooper, Lamb, Wilson, Gallup, etc.?

Hard pass. He'll go somewhere thin at WR, not as someone's 5th-string safety net.

And when OBJ gets released, I don't want him either. Again, he'd be more trouble than he's worth to this team.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exciting player, but not a fit with this team. Too much talent at the position AND what appears to be great team chemistry, and I would not want to risk wrecking that.

John813

Reaction score
Nope. Older but still has an ego. Could of stayed in LA, on a contender and possibly been a factor late in the season but wanted out.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jackson wanted out of LA, his home town, because he wasn't getting enough playing time. How much action would he get with Cooper, Lamb, Wilson, Gallup, etc.?

Hard pass. He'll go somewhere thin at WR, not as someone's 5th-string safety net.

And when OBJ gets released, I don't want him either. Again, he'd be more trouble than he's worth to this team.

I agree because while both may have talent I don't think their interest is in team success, it is all about their own success. Cowboys do not need that.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Jackson is a complete POS who’s been known to associate with gangsters and criminals. No thanks even if we weren’t stacked at WR.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This would be the only reason I would so it. If he's strictly a ST player and punt and kick returner. I don't like Lamb doing it or Pollard. Lamb or Pollard gets hurt then our team takes a blow. If we bring in DJax for return duty then I'm in.
Jackson has only had 5 kick returns his entire career, hasn't been a notable punt returner since 2010 and he would be a malcontent if told that was his primary role. Seems like potential to do more harm than good.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Is the Switzer kid we traded to get Austin still in the NFL i thought he had potential

Two different trades. Dallas traded a draft pick to get Austin from the Rams. Switzer was traded to the Raiders for a player. Switzer has been on the Browns practice squad or injured reserve in 2020 and 2021.

kevm3

Reaction score
DJ is getting older and isn't the threat he once was... but Odell could be very dangerous on the Rams, Bucs, or Cards. The only reason I'd get him is to keep him away from other teams.

blueblood70

Reaction score
HUH NOPE Gallup returning the last thing we need is WR with an attitude issue..:facepalm::huh::omg:

blueblood70

Reaction score
DJ is getting older and isn't the threat he once was... but Odell could be very dangerous on the Rams, Bucs, or Cards. The only reason I'd get him is to keep him away from other teams.

first off none of those teams including us need wr not one of us..
trade deadline has passed OBJ wont be cut nor traded..IMO if he went anywhere it would be GB..they need a guy like him..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
....Desean would commend extra safety attention. Dak would love that. If price is right, get him.
you are thinking of Desean from 5 or 6 years ago. those days have come and gone.....that's why he was released. he has had all of 8 catches in 8 games this year and that's with Stafford and Rams creative offense....

plymkr

Reaction score
Jackson has only had 5 kick returns his entire career, hasn't been a notable punt returner since 2010 and he would be a malcontent if told that was his primary role. Seems like potential to do more harm than good.
Yeah I would say don't get him then. The only role I would want him in is a ST role so Lamb and Pollard don't get hurt. If DJax wouldn't fit then I say no way.